Zavon Hines in talks today (1 Viewer)

ccfcdan

Don't shoot the messenger but I've been told by a friend who is mates with his agent that Zavon hines travelled to Coventry today to discuss a move to us. Never been told anything like this before but my mate is saying its not a wind up. Not sure what to think of this if true as he has got a pretty bad record with injuries. I guess we will find out if this is true in the next couple of days :)

Marty

Is he that little black lad we had from West Ham a few years?? I really hope it's not. :(

skybluedaze

Nothing to lose signing him. Looks like it'll be trial and error upfront next season until the right formula is found.

Otis

Did nowt last time he was here, but more than willing to give him a second chance.

He was very quick if I remember rightly.

guicey15

He's free, he's a striker, he's played for us before, he played for League One Bournemouth last season and he has a poor scoring record :thinking about:

Welcome to Coventry!

Marty

Nothing to lose signing him. Looks like it'll be trial and error upfront next season until the right formula is found.

Just the wasted money in wages and missing out on someone who actually might improve us.

Otis

Well if say we are only allowed to bring 1 more in Marty and it's him then you may well have a point.

Nick

Administrator
Who has he been good for? I can't really remember him from last time round.

Do we need more strikers though? I would have thought wide players and a decent CM?

Marty

Who has he been good for? I can't really remember him from last time round.

Do we need more strikers though? I would have thought wide players and a decent CM?

Maybe we are trying to get enough strikers in so they can play 1 in every 5 games, be champions no problem. :whistle:

hill83

Scored a late goal in a draw with Sheffield Wednesday which kept us up.

WeWillBeBack

The lads 23 now, IMO past the age where we'll see any vast improvements. Be interesting to see what he could do with full preseason under his belt.

KersleyDigs

Similar story to Fleck really...

Capped at U21 International level, hyped after a decent run in Premier side when very young and has since tailed off.

I don't think players just lose their potential, I think with these two players it's just a case of needing more time to develop as the have not progressed as quickly as some would have hoped.

If his wages are reasonable, it's a yes from me.

Plus as has been pointed out, he kept us up a couple of seasons ago!!!! :D

Gaz

He is proberly the kind of player that a club on its arse with no money needs to take a gamble on.

skybluejack10

i just think hines needs a decent run of games under his belt. He's quick, sharp, skillful, basically another nimely, yet he would be signed perminently unlike nimely.
His goalscoring record isn't good but just look at how many appearences he's made of the bench!
we need somebody with his pace in the side and if we can wrap a deal up for him then great!
i've been hoping for us to sign this lad for a while now and he's better than ranger so if true (and i'm not gonna get my hopes up) then great!

skybluejack10

exactly, with strikers, no matter who they are they will convert sooner or later if they are provided by the midfielders. that's what we lacked last season. Being a club in league 1, it's not easy to attract gifted goalmachines but if we work on our midfield and attacking intent and tighten up defensively, cutting all the mistakes out we should cruise to promotion.
If only it were that simple!

Ashdown

Fucking hell, no thanks, surely we can come up with someone more original and with at least a goal poachers record at any level. How many more non scoring strikers do we want !!

Users who are viewing this thread