Zavon Hines in talks today (2 Viewers)

Nonleagueherewecome

Did nowt last time he was here, but more than willing to give him a second chance.

He was very quick if I remember rightly.

Wasn't he about 5 years old when we had him? He's since played well in the Premiership and gained U21I caps. Probably too good for us IMO, snap him up!

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm not getting this "we have plenty of forwards" thing: aside from hopefully Cody, I simply can't see where the goals are coming from? I think our biggest weakness is lack of a goal threat. Hines also has pace, our other major blind-spot.

Grendel

I'm not getting this "we have plenty of forwards" thing: aside from hopefully Cody, I simply can't see where the goals are coming from? I think our biggest weakness is lack of a goal threat. Hines also has pace, our other major blind-spot.

I think he would be a major addition to the squad.

J

Jack Griffin

He was fast that is for sure. But given that he was touted as the next big thing at West Ham a few years ago, he must have screwed things up somehow.

Does this mean the Bruno trial is over? Is there a one or the other situation.

SkyBlue_Bear83

We don't, apart from Mcdonald I think anyone else will not get into double figure. If he is injured we are screwed.

We have quite a few who will hopefully be capable of 8-10 goals though

Greggs

Yes but it still amounts to the same information so therefore not neccessery ;)

all information, worded differently, equates to different information.....of some sort. So therefore information is necessary on a forum like this, as without diverse information production the website would cease to exist. FAT SCOUT OUT

kg82

Ironic that one of the most vociferous about Thorn being fat is called Greggs.

Astute

Ironic.....moronic......yes, that's Greggs.

Marty

Why not nominate someone?

I'm not all that clued up on the lower leagues, but if hes the best available then there's a serious issue with English football, Conference would be his standard and that's being kind.

kg82

I'm not all that clued up on the lower leagues, but if hes the best available then there's a serious issue with English football, Conference would be his standard and that's being kind.

If you're not that clued up on lower leagues, which we are now in, then how would you know his standard would be more conference than L1?!

Marty

I've watched him many times, hes another modern day footballer, athlete first footballer second. The not clued up comment was on the players available for cheap/free, not at the general standard of football.

wingy

He was superb for Zola in the prem @ 20-21 while west ham had serious injury troubles ,played out wide left ,very tricky ,quick ,effective ,then had a serious longterm injury .Sam tried to keep him last season but he walked as a free,would put serious pressure on Mcsheffery ,and could release Mc for the pivotal striker berth.:)

ccfc92

He was superb for Zola in the prem @ 20-21 while west ham had serious injury troubles ,played out wide left ,very tricky ,quick ,effective ,then had a serious longterm injury .Sam tried to keep him last season but he walked as a free,would put serious pressure on Mcsheffery ,and could release Mc for the pivotal striker berth.:)

very good point :thinking about:

sky blue john

Fucking hell, no thanks, surely we can come up with someone more original and with at least a goal poachers record at any level. How many more non scoring strikers do we want !!

How many more un realistic supporters do we want !!!!!!!!!!!

sky blue john

Who has he been good for? I can't really remember him from last time round.

Do we need more strikers though? I would have thought wide players and a decent CM?

After us Zola gave him a run of games towards the end of the season in the prem and he looked dangerous.

dongonzalos

Exactly some one to create someone to put them away

Marty

That's what the midfield is for, think we missed out on a decent player in Gary Roberts. I think he would have been far more influential then any other signing made so far.

dongonzalos

Will have a great impact in league one. You could tell with us he was quality..

So they will have Collins and zavon. It will be nice to watch what we should have had in action.

Astute

He will find his level.

Not wanted in the Prem. Championship side next.

Not wanted in the Championship. Div3 side next.

Grendel

Will have a great impact in league one. You could tell with us he was quality..

So they will have Collins and zavon. It will be nice to watch what we should have had in action.

According to our manager we will have the top goalscorer in League One. Little chance Collins will be and no chance Hines. Hines is a good player but his scoring record is poor.

Ashdown

We don't need 'athletes' as someone else said, its not unrealistic for us to look for a player who can find the back of the net, we can't afford more wages on a player with very little end product. SISU will only grant so much in their constrained budget. If we don't get this right we really can expect mid table at best.

ccfcdan

An update on this... He's now gone to Swindon on trial but was definately in talks with Waggott at the Ricoh yday!

Users who are viewing this thread