Zain westbrooke (1 Viewer)

Covstu

That puts that to bed, he’s been okay and if we could hold more players in the squad I would have kept but the club clearly had a different view. Good luck Zain at our feeder club

SlowerThanPlatt

I think there’s a chance Hiwula may end up there too. Not a bad strategy taking players surplus to requirements at a better club, we did it with Pompey in League 2

Evo1883

I think there’s a chance Hiwula may end up there too. Not a bad strategy taking players surplus to requirements at a better club, we did it with Pompey in League 2

I think jordy completely lost his Confidence last season for us.. Again I think he could be a good signing for any side in league 1 if they can get the best from him

D

Deleted member 4439

Will be interesting to see Zain's interpretation of "I'm fuming" in his 'first words' for the Bristol fans.

cooperskyblue

If Shipley wasn’t one of our own he wouldn’t get half the love in he gets. He’s not a bad player by any means but Westbrooke is the better footballer. He just doesn’t run around like a headless chicken and flying into tackles left right and centre. Will be a real shame letting him go

I trust Robins.
Shipley I feel can do something to change a game, sometimes Westbrooke was a passenger, great when we are winning in a low tempo game and he can pop the ball around but in games when it needed some magic to get us out of a sticky situation he just doesn't have enough for me.
Good luck to him but if Robins thought he could cut it and make a difference we wouldn't sell him as simple as that.

cc84cov

Will be interesting to see Zain's interpretation of "I'm fuming" in his 'first words' for the Bristol fans.
How can he be fuming the only reason he’s got the move and not been released is down to robins playing him else it would of probably been under 23’s then release

cc84cov

I liked westbrooke he just didn’t impose himself enough at times but the range of some of his passing was excellent notched a few goals and assists last season.

RingoCCFC

Surprised Sunderland aren’t trying to take any more of our players they like bargains! Although they perhaps realized the last few weren’t that great! 😂

Evo1883

If we were 1-0 down and both were on the bench, I’d bring on Shipley as he’s more likely to positively influence games. Maybe there is a ‘love in’, but from a lot of fans there’s also this weird undeserved hate for our homegrown talents.

To be fair I don't think it's a love in, when we were shite and plummeting down the leagues fans gave ridiculous praise to players who were home grown and played a big part in that...

Jordan whilst making his debut during the bad times... Played most his football here in our revival and the praise is just I think, the fact he's home grown is a nice bonus

cooperskyblue

If we were 1-0 down and both were on the bench, I’d bring on Shipley as he’s more likely to positively influence games. Maybe there is a ‘love in’, but from a lot of fans there’s also this weird undeserved hate for our homegrown talents.
This 100% .... this is exactly why I think Westbrookw started over O'Hare because his impact is minimal whereas O'hare would and could change a game. Totally agree Shipleycan make a difference.

I don't get why people think here is a 'love in' either, I always thought Shipley got a bit of unfair stick especially 1st season back in L1.

better days

I doubt there was a fee involved for Zain
There was a fallout with the management for some reason, possibly his agent overplaying his hand in negotiations
In a clash with Robins and his assistants there will only ever be one winner
Not sure about anyone coming in yet but it doesn't take a genius to see that we are a pretty good place for Premier League clubs to send their top young prospects to learn men's football

Blind-Faith

Such a shame he has gone. But If its a fall out with Robins then as stated , the writing was on the wall. I just hope there is a decent sell on clause because I think personally he won’t be at rovers for the three years he’s got on the contract.

the beauty of football, everyone has differing views on players. I just think he’s suited more to championship football than Shipley

SlowerThanPlatt

He was the least used midfielder last season (Allen aside who was injured for the majority) and that was at a lower level so it’s not particularly a surprise. It’d only be a surprise if you believed what his agent kept putting out

ccfcway

Such a shame he has gone. But If its a fall out with Robins then as stated , the writing was on the wall. I just hope there is a decent sell on clause because I think personally he won’t be at rovers for the three years he’s got on the contract.

the beauty of football, everyone has differing views on players. I just think he’s suited more to championship football than Shipley

well one is likely to playing in championship next year and the other isn’t :)

Happy_Martian

There was a fallout with the management for some reason, possibly his agent overplaying his hand in negotiations

So "I'm fuming" could easily have been Zain wanting to stay, his agent screwed up and now Zain is looking for/found another club.

Whichever the reason for the tweet, best of luck to Zain, assuming this deal goes through.

Grendel

Well his record isn’t great until last season. Can’t see him pulling up trees - he’s got a 3 year deal which in the current climate I think he should be pleased with - it’s obvious big clubs were never looking at him

cc84cov

Well his record isn’t great until last season. Can’t see him pulling up trees - he’s got a 3 year deal which in the current climate I think he should be pleased with - it’s obvious big clubs were never looking at him
Agree with this

SleepyGinger

Where has the notion that westbrooke is in any way a distributive member of the team come from? I think he’s just been told we are looking to move him on and he’s a bit gutted about it. whatever is going on in his personal life is irrelevant too.

harvey098

Quite sad about this. I really think Westbrooke was underrated and underused.

He’s sometimes not as noticeable because he lets the ball do the work instead of dribbling etc but his work off the ball is so important. He must run most meters in the team when he plays.

I trust in MR but think he would’ve really suited the championship game and felt he deserved a shot at it.

D

Deleted member 4439

Whilst ultimately I'd have to agree that Shipley gave us more when it mattered, I think it's a shame that he's moved on, though I'm sure Robins and his team would have taken all considerations into account. At 24, there's still room for development, and I think Rovers have got a good player.

Users who are viewing this thread