Zain westbrooke (1 Viewer)

lord_garrincha

Why would John Dawkins be fuming? I’m fuming when he makes transfer stories up
I agree Pete, that post could be linked to anything... Bigger picture is that a young lad is under contract, i.e. getting paid, and other clubs reportedly want his services.

There are hundreds of his ilk currently not being paid, with no prospect of getting a contract.

Obviously it's not nice, if true, to be told you are not required... Best thing for him to do is prove the club wrong.

lord_garrincha

Westbrooke would be a much better player than Shipley in the Championship. I don't get the Shipley love in. He flits in and out of games and gives the ball away too much. Westbrooke is a better technical player than Shipley. Don't get Robins thinking here tbh.
Could be all down to wages and fitting into the budget... We don't know how much Shipley is on (local lad with young family and happy with current pay conditions), against what Zain's agent wants.

Maybe John can help us on how much they get paid.

lordy_87

I certainly think Westbrooke is a tidy player but personally I don't rate him as highly as some do on here. Seems to pass sideways a lot, and doesn't really excite me. Would of been a good option to have in the championship but him leaving isn't going to make or break our season. Use the money to strengthen in other areas.

JimmyHillsbeard

Tweet deleted what did he (ZW) say? He’s done well by the City who picked him up after his career had taken a downturn. He forced his way into the team and contributed well to our promotion. The club have also done right be him and picked up the optional year on his contract. It’s good if he thinks he should be a started in the Chanpionship, let’s see him make himself undroppable.

I’d be happy if he stayed but wouldn’t be surprised if he moved on.

Reactions: vow

SkyBlueGuy

Was it perhaps that he wasn't offered new terms before contract deadline (31/07)? Perhaps he felt like he'd earned it? Or his agent didn't get what he'd pushed for? Either way he's deleted the tweet now...

larry_david

MR knows what he's doing. After Southend first game they interviewed Zain about his contract and you just got the impression it wasn't coming. We can now sell him for some money, it's how clubs work. Zain hardly featured after Jan did he?

shmmeee

Like him as a player, but if I know Robins shitposting on SM will not have gone down well. He’ll definitely be off now I reckon. Silly boy.

Colin Steins Smile

Like him as a player, but if I know Robins shitposting on SM will not have gone down well. He’ll definitely be off now I reckon. Silly boy.
Thought he can added value last season, but they’re seems to be some issues being raised with his private life and pushing for a significant raise in his terms and conditions, which starts to make me question his character and how he fits within the culture of the squad.

lifeskyblue

I’m not convinced that either westBrooke or Shipley would be anymore than occasional substitutes in the championship. Squad players at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Esoterica

Of all our midfield, I find Westbrooke rather..... expendable. He's neat and tidy for the most part, will occasionally play a superb pass and has scored a couple of important goals for us but for a playmaker, which he essentially is, I just don't find him influential enough in games. He seems happy to be a cog and keep the game ticking over but I would want more from players in his position - if you aren't going to demand the ball more and make things happen with it, then your place in the team is always under threat.

He's 24 in a couple of months - he needs to go somewhere where he's starting 35 games a season now and if that frees up money for us to bring in someone who can challenge/back up Kelly then it's fair all round.

Last edited:

stupot07

I don't get this attitude. He only really broke into the team last year, we've been promoted so we were always going to strengthen. Its up to him to kick on, work hard, improve and make it impossible for Robins to leave him out the team. Shipleys contract extension is irrelevant.

I did hear on the grapevine hes not happy, but hes also injured with a quad injury.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

cooperskyblue

I like Westbrooke, think he is a good player and developed well last season. But I wholeheartedly have faith in Robins. He did it before with Grimmer, and maybe a similar situation is happening here.
Will be interesting to see what happens tbh.

clint van damme

I certainly think Westbrooke is a tidy player but personally I don't rate him as highly as some do on here. Seems to pass sideways a lot, and doesn't really excite me. Would of been a good option to have in the championship but him leaving isn't going to make or break our season. Use the money to strengthen in other areas.

I agree. Shipley a much better option in my opinion.
More aggressive and carries more threat.

Users who are viewing this thread