Your January transfer window (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Jayden Stockley's contract expires in June 2019, so it might be worth putting a bid in to test the water.
Where are Exeter in the league? Are they close to promotion at the minute? Guess that will play a part.

Legia Sky Blue

I think Stockley is a decent shout and could be a better fit with Chaplin than JCH. Hopefully we keep Thomas to the end of the season. I think Doyle is unlikely to be replaced until the end of the season, but a player I would look at to replace him either way would be Sam Finley at Accrington. Accy only signed him in the Summer from Fylde, and would undoubtedly require a transfer fee, but apparently he took a pay drop to make the move, so shouldn't be too difficult enticing him to move to us.

Last edited:

steve82

Exeter are currently 6th in the table.

I seen some stats earlier that Stockley has scored 11 league goals from 20 shots on target.
He is the highest scoring player in the top 4 leagues in English football in 2018 and tops the charts for headed goals too.

A moves coming in January without a doubt.

However it’s all irrelevant if you don’t give him service so wingers would also be required but him and Chaplin could tear the league up with addition of him and a natural winger too in January

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

Where are Exeter in the league? Are they close to promotion at the minute? Guess that will play a part.

They are pushing for promotion at the moment, so it may prove difficult to get him to leave, however I suppose it all depends on his ambition, and his agent of course.

cc84cov

I think your looking at 500k minimum for Stockley in jan very good player target man with great feet.

steve82

I think your looking at 500k minimum for Stockley in jan very good player target man with great feet.

Im sure Exeter would want that or in excess of that but with only 6 months left on his deal they may struggle tho it may be a case of how much the club interested are willing to pay or he sees out his deal till the summer to take his pick of a free transfer.

Personally any side in the play offs wanting to get into the championship 500k is nothing to boost your chances....if you have it to part with that is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cc84cov

Im sure Exeter would want that or in excess of that but with only 6 months left on his deal they may struggle tho it may be a case of how much the club interested are willing to pay or he sees out his deal till the summer to take his pick of a free transfer.

Personally any side in the play offs wanting to get into the championship 500k is nothing to boost your chances....if you have it to part with that is.

We should of signed him start of season Do we think robins will get the backing in Jan tho ? I’m not sure

steve82

Id say our budget is blown unless we off load a few

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think MR has previously said he’s left some in the pot for January, to what extent that is tho is anyone’s guess.

shmmeee

If the reports of how much we spent in the summer are anything to go by how much do you honestly think we have left in the pot? Baring in mind MR will want to extend contracts as well.

Depends how true the rumours of Joy wanting Championship then out are id guess.

shmmeee

And not at all? For instance in the loan agreement with Chelsea haven't we got Sterling effectively for nothing but he has to play pretty much most games?

No idea. That’s why I asked. Thought I saw rumours we were paying a wage.

The other thought is: how set in stone is Chaplins transfer? Could we reallocate that cash?

skybluegod

If the reports of how much we spent in the summer are anything to go by how much do you honestly think we have left in the pot? Baring in mind MR will want to extend contracts as well.

I guess it depends on how much of a payout we get from Wilson making England appearances.. Think there would be money in the bank for one permanent addition if Robins thought it would get us promotion, other than I agree will be based on loan signings due to a reduced talent pool.

Although don't think we have many contracts to sort? Willis, Davies and Burge I think those are the only 3 aren't they?

SkyBlueCRJ

No idea. That’s why I asked. Thought I saw rumours we were paying a wage.

The other thought is: how set in stone is Chaplins transfer? Could we reallocate that cash?

I doubt it, I have a feeling that's pretty much set in stone, similar to the JCH deal. Plus even if it was't is MR really going to go back on his efforts in the summer to sign him after all those months of negotiation. He's far too stubborn for that so I can see him keeping the faith with Chaplin.

We probably are paying something but IF we're paying anything we're not paying much as apparently Sterling is on huge money at Chelsea so whatever we're paying it's probably not even a 10th of his salary put it that way. However, all I know is the less he plays the more we pay.

steve82

Personally I think we’d need to thin the squad a little to make any incomings work practically and financially

Issue is with that is we’re carrying a few passengers in terms of players not getting a look in so the squad needs shaping to progress

higgs

Personally I think we’d need to thin the squad a little to make any incomings work practically and financially

Issue is with that is we’re carrying a few passengers in terms of players not getting a look in so the squad needs shaping to progress

Who would you cut loose?

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

We've got the added complication of being potentially homeless/liquidated next season for incoming players to weigh up too. I would definitely have Stockley at the top of any wishlist in an ideal world though.

Nick

Administrator
We've got the added complication of being potentially homeless/liquidated next season for incoming players to weigh up too. I would definitely have Stockley at the top of any wishlist in an ideal world though.

Didn't we have that this season when players were signing contracts?

Yorkshire SB

I would bring in the big lump from Peterborough not Evans the centre half number 5?

Out of the door

Andreu as unfortunately he looks done
Bosma a ridiculous signing people will say he is cheap but unless he costs nothing he is overpaid couldn’t even get in the Southport team.

Apparently was completely out of his depth at Southport

steve82

Who would you cut loose?

I think the bigger question is how.

I think if your looking to move forwards the top name would be Tony Andreu, Injury has blighted his time here and he don’t appear to fit into MR plans on current playing style.
You’d look to offer him out on loan to see out his deal here.

You’d then be looking to send more out on loan to L2 clubs or national league sides who can pay a portion of the players wage to free up some funds for incoming targets.

Shipley, JJ (dependant on injury/fitness) to get some fit, quick wingers in to suit the current 442 system

SkyBlueCRJ

I guess it depends on how much of a payout we get from Wilson making England appearances.. Think there would be money in the bank for one permanent addition if Robins thought it would get us promotion, other than I agree will be based on loan signings due to a reduced talent pool.

Although don't think we have many contracts to sort? Willis, Davies and Burge I think those are the only 3 aren't they?

Well according to the CT (which is obviously debatable) we only received £20K, however I don't know whether that means we get one £20K flat payment or we get £20K per cap. Hopefully it's the latter. Regardless it's not much use to us anyway though as I don't think there's another England game until after the Jan transfer window.

They will still require pay rises though. So it depends how much MR is willing to up their salary. It's still money out of the pot all the same.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Well according to the CT (which is obviously debatable) we only received £20K, however I don't know whether that means we get one £20K flat payment or we get £20K per cap. Hopefully it's the latter. Regardless it's not much use to us anyway though as I don't think there's another England game until after the Jan transfer window.

They will still require pay rises though. So it depends how much MR is willing to up their salary. It's still money out of the pot all the same.

Exactly. I've heard rumours (stress rumours) that Willis is a fairly average earner in relation to the squad, would imagine he'd want a reasonable rise to make him commit for any length of time.

SkyBlueCRJ

Exactly. I've heard rumours (stress rumours) that Willis is a fairly average earner in relation to the squad, would imagine he'd want a reasonable rise to make him commit for any length of time.

He probably won't be on a significant amount. But given he only signed a one year extension at the club last season that either means he probably sees himself moving on once the contract is up or he's looking for more money from the club. I personally think he's likely to go in the summer unfortunately as a higher placed L1 or lower end Champ would easily sign him.

Warwickhunt

dont need any players in january as there will not be a club after the end of the season

no_loyalty

Someone who is clinical in front of goal please, I don't know if we could get him on loan, but Gary Hooper.

Users who are viewing this thread