Your Cov City Highlights ? (1 Viewer)

LastGarrison

I may have got this one slightly skewed but can’t be arsed to google.

Colchester away at their old stadium think we were 2-0 down at half time and then battered them second half to win something like 5-2.

Raf was in the car with us and we’d nipped into Asda at Walsgrave to get some cans for the journey, gave him one when we set off and he made it last him till we got to Colchester!

Johhny Blue

this thread makes you realise that some of the younger supporters have been feeding off scraps as far as memorable games are concerned.
You’re so right. For me it has to be Jimmy Hill leading the Sky Blue song to a pitch load of fans after the Wolves game in ‘67 as a 9 yr old trying not to let anyone see the tears streaming down my face and then realizing my Dad and everyone around us was bawling as well.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Was at this game as guests of carlsberg and had a few quid on us to win 2-1 at 25/1
In the build up to the game the Liverpool fans were very complimentary in a condescending way about cov being a nice little club even at 1-1 they were ok
When Dion got the winner they all changed and gave us some stick and not good natured at all
I genuinely never celebrated the goals in the stand but when we got back to the table I was in great form

Adge

Was at this game as guests of carlsberg and had a few quid on us to win 2-1 at 25/1
In the build up to the game the Liverpool fans were very complimentary in a condescending way about cov being a nice little club even at 1-1 they were ok
When Dion got the winner they all changed and gave us some stick and not good natured at all
I genuinely never celebrated the goals in the stand but when we got back to the table I was in great form

Yes, how the hell we were on terms in that game I’ll never know. Absolutely battered us from start to finish and then Dion pops up in the last minute! Great times:D.
Wasn’t that in the Sunday where the Grand National traffic was held back because of the bomb scare? Seem to remember us getting caught up in the traffic?

Sky_Blue_Daz

Yes, how the hell we were on terms in that game I’ll never know. Absolutely battered us from start to finish and then Dion pops up in the last minute! Great times:D.
Wasn’t that in the Sunday where the Grand National traffic was held back because of the bomb scare? Seem to remember us getting caught up in the traffic?
Possibly

They battered us first half

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

I remember beating Luton 4-0 at Highfield Road in 1988, I think Les Sealey made the mistake of getting his hands to a Kilcline penalty (which still went in). I'm sure he needed treatment after it!

Also, David Speedie wearing Oggys shirt when he went in goal pre-'keeper subs on the bench!!!

clint van damme

I remember beating Luton 4-0 at Highfield Road in 1988, I think Les Sealey made the mistake of getting his hands to a Kilcline penalty (which still went in). I'm sure he needed treatment after it!

Also, David Speedie wearing Oggys shirt when he went in goal pre-'keeper subs on the bench!!!

Was that the game where Cyrille scored late on? Burst from the half way line and beat about 3 men

clint van damme

I think so, Regis definitely scored but details are a little hazy 30 years on! Might be something to do with the fact that since then I have managed to discover alcohol & late nights!!

It was one of my favourite City goals.
When Cyrille passed away there was a montage of his goals going around but that one wasn't included.

Users who are viewing this thread