You don't know what you're missing! (1 Viewer)

Sterling Archer

I really wish I could be bothered to drag up some of the drivel that was posted in pre season criticising our results in friendlies and transfer activity.

"We're dooooooomed!!!!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluesam66

to be fair Sterling we were all thinking the same

Was it 1 goal and no wins in pre season
No players coming in - and TM telling us to be patient and he would wait to swoop in the transfer market

due to our history in the TM under the current owners, we did not believe that, and thought we would be left with the scraps

TM knew all along what he was doing
his best move to date was telling Waggott to steer well clear of any recruitment

H

Huckerby

No players coming in - and TM telling us to be patient and he would wait to swoop in the transfer market

due to our history in the TM under the current owners, we did not believe that, and thought we would be left with the scraps

his best move to date was telling Waggott to steer well clear of any recruitment
No we were not.

standupforcity

Definitely not...if anybody knew anything about TM, they would have known straight off that things were going to be different. It was at that moment when he signed a two year contract, that everything changed! He realistically stated it would take two years to change this club around and put it back where it belonged...truth is things seem to be happening a lot more quickly and it's all truly exciting! I think one of my favourite moments was when he decided that things had to change at Ryton and in the changing room/tunnel....to make the players aware of our history as something to be proud of...long may all this continue!

covcity4life

bullshit

some of us didnt think mowbray was a liar and were happy to wait

shit some of the moaners were STILL moaning after wigan because we still needed a striker and they didnt wanna wait till september.

skybluebeduff

Don't have a clue why so many on this thread are lying. The football served by TM to date has been dross, i'm sick of this ticka-tacka football, it's poncy, it only deserves to be played with a headband.

He's wasted the budget on players who still get away with getting on the bus for free.

He's got away with Graffiti too where I'm sure it's a criminal offence to vandalize your work property?

Face full of food whilst being interviewed.

I'm sick of it.

I don't trust any man who use to be blonde at all...

_45893875_mowbray-middlesbrough.jpg

What a diva.

:welcome:

standupforcity

It's already been mentioned elsewhere, but I don't see how we can possibly avoid hammering someone soon, and I'm hoping it'll all start this Saturday.

covcity4life

dont underestimate bury. they are 6th with 3 wins on bounce. against some top teams like sheff utd too

i would be take a point!

SlowerThanPlatt

I was looking at the old Pompey thread and I noticed quite a lot of posters with 1,000 plus posts haven't been online since 2014\early 2015. Maybe they have new accounts, given up with the forum or lost passion for the club which can only be restored by a successful season.

standupforcity

Yep wouldn't be the end of the world

I think we need 3 points to keep the momentum going into the next game and the pressure on the leaders. Beating another top team just might stir some more interest among those who are still ummming and ahhhhing...

adamdav68

Ok done it can't make the shrews game though so gonna booked three tickets for the Blackpool game , let's hope this catches on pusb

standupforcity

So what else do City need to do to get the crowds back? It seems 11,500 is the average regular turn despite some scintillating performances. Is the wider public aware of what's happening these days? It seems incredible to me that this is what we've been looking for for so long, and now we haver it, there seems to be some sort of deep reluctance to support the team. Wasps, Sisu, new stadium rumours, NOPM whatever...these are all feeble excuses now if you're a true football fan. To think that I might have taken one of these stances, and missed the magic, cos that's what it is under TM, seems quite pointless....'cutting off one's nose.....' comes to mind!

D

Deleted member 2477

Look at how the wasps are takng away our supporters. Big adverts in the telegraph, radio advertising, offers for kids and every time i go to the ricoh it seems there are more wasps badges and posters about or is it my imagination.

unfortunately no matter how well we are playing people still see us as a team in league one and years of dross and no success have taken the toll with people now finding other things lke wasps to do.

i do think the club could advertise our current success better though and look at wasps to see how they have attracted the local community

Otis

So what else do City need to do to get the crowds back? It seems 11,500 is the average regular turn despite some scintillating performances. Is the wider public aware of what's happening these days? It seems incredible to me that this is what we've been looking for for so long, and now we haver it, there seems to be some sort of deep reluctance to support the team. Wasps, Sisu, new stadium rumours, NOPM whatever...these are all feeble excuses now if you're a true football fan. To think that I might have taken one of these stances, and missed the magic, cos that's what it is under TM, seems quite pointless....'cutting off one's nose.....' comes to mind!
What else do the City need to do? Stop this winning one, losing one, winning one, losing one.

It's great that we are now winning at home and that will bring a few more in for sure, but it's going to be much harder to bring people back if we play really well and win and have fans maybe thinking they will come to the next home game, but they see us lose badly away the next week, that in turn could then put them off again.

What we need to be doing is to keep the home form, but pick up some away points here and there. Turn these defeats into draws now and again.

We win against Yeovil and then Fleetwood, or beat Yovil, draw against Fleetwood, then I think there will be more fans for the next home game against Blackpool.

skybluebeduff

I've been to more games this season than i did in the previous 2 years..

Not a chance that i'm missing out on Mowbrays revolution, it's awe inspiring, and the crowd gives me goosebumps, electric every game in block 17!

Terry Gibson's perm

Look at how the wasps are takng away our supporters. Big adverts in the telegraph, radio advertising, offers for kids and every time i go to the ricoh it seems there are more wasps badges and posters about or is it my imagination.

unfortunately no matter how well we are playing people still see us as a team in league one and years of dross and no success have taken the toll with people now finding other things lke wasps to do.

i do think the club could advertise our current success better though and look at wasps to see how they have attracted the local community

Are they doing all this stuff because their tickets aren't selling like they expect? I honestly don't know as I am trying to ignore everything the out of towners do if an advert is in the Wasps telegraph I just turn the page (I only read that rag at my parents and would never dream of buying it). Most of the info I get is from this site.

standupforcity

What else do the City need to do? Stop this winning one, losing one, winning one, losing one.

It's great that we are now winning at home and that will bring a few more in for sure, but it's going to be much harder to bring people back if we play really well and win and have fans maybe thinking they will come to the next home game, but they see us lose badly away the next week, that in turn could then put them off again.

What we need to be doing is to keep the home form, but pick up some away points here and there. Turn these defeats into draws now and again.

We win against Yeovil and then Fleetwood, or beat Yovil, draw against Fleetwood, then I think there will be more fans for the next home game against Blackpool.

I agree with this Otis, but nontheless it just seems there isn't the awareness of the turn around that's happened here. As my son said on the drive back to London yesterday, 'it's like watching a different team for so many reasons, and it's so exciting'! People need to know this...it isn't just about win one lose one...the change is far more fundamental. It would be crazy to imagine we weren't going to lose some away games...and let's not forget the manner in which the last two away games were lost...our football yesterday warrants a full house in my opinion...!!

Otis

I agree with this Otis, but nontheless it just seems there isn't the awareness of the turn around that's happened here. As my son said on the drive back to London yesterday, 'it's like watching a different team for so many reasons, and it's so exciting'! People need to know this...it isn't just about win one lose one...the change is far more fundamental. It would be crazy to imagine we weren't going to lose some away games...and let's not forget the manner in which the last two away games were lost...our football yesterday warrants a full house in my opinion...!!
Would be so much better if any highlight package was like MOTD, where you can be immersed into a flavour of the whole game, rather than what we have now, which is pretty much just the goals.

Think we would attract a fair few if armchair supporters could see extended highlights of yesterday's game.

harvey098

I think a lot of it is that we keep coming into home games on the back of away losses which shouldn't matter but just kills momentum. I'm a 23 year old ST holder and this is the most exiting football I've seen at CCFC

standupforcity

Would be so much better if any highlight package was like MOTD, where you can be immersed into a flavour of the whole game, rather than what we have now, which is pretty much just the goals.

Think we would attract a fair few if armchair supporters could see extended highlights of yesterday's game.

Very good point. What we have at the moment is a joke! Anyway, loving the football and we can only try and pass the message on.

Brighton Sky Blue

I've been to more games this season than i did in the previous 2 years..

Not a chance that i'm missing out on Mowbrays revolution, it's awe inspiring, and the crowd gives me goosebumps, electric every game in block 17!

Perhaps the club could get a part of the sports section in the Telegraph where quotes like this are put after every home or away game so that people can take the word of people who are going and not just the club. The headline could well be 'You don't know what you're missing'.

ccfcmad1

Keep this home form up and we will soon see the attendances rising, we need to remember some fans wont be so quick to get back up there after all thats gone on in the past but there the ones who are missing out lets all enjoy it up there and the rest will soon follow, Separate point but I was at the train station last week and there's a huge wasps banner advertising there first game of the season at the Ricoh we really need to compete with there form of advertising and get the fair weather fans interested.

Evo1883

Last season i found myself on my phone more than watching the game , it was utterly dreadful at the ricoh .
polar opposite this season , great to watch

standupforcity

Is the recent activity going to make any difference to the stay away fans, who simply have no idea how out of date their protest is now?

H

Huckerby

Is the recent activity going to make any difference to the stay away fans, who simply have no idea how out of date their protest is now?
I think your logic is out of date. Doubt it's a conscious protest anymore. More likely people lost interest. But they'll be back :)

standupforcity

I think your logic is out of date. Doubt it's a conscious protest anymore. More likely people lost interest. But they'll be back :)

OK let me rephrase that...Is the recent activity going to make any difference to the stay away fans? You say they'll be back...When? And what will bring them back if all this doesn't?

shmmeee

Do we even know if there are more than a handful? Our crowds are bigger than pre-Sixfields, so even if there are, we've brought in far more than are staying away.

Anyone who is staying away from what is literally the best football, best results and best atmosphere since the days of Strachan in the Prem, is quite frankly a moron. And I say that as a well known Sisu hater, who doesn't agree with anything from the past 3 years pre-Mowbray.

This is what we asked for! Everything we asked for! A good team, playing in Cov, local bands promoted at games, fans together for atmosphere, reasonably priced tickets. They even had a go at a cut price Emirates and have laminated A3 printouts of ex players stuck to the walls.

6 Generations

Hopefully 14000 plus will attend tomorrow.

A good non losing performance, inspiring a good atmosphere should attract a few back.
The football at home this season is great to watch, the best that I can remember for many a season.

If we win tomorrow to go top of the league, the momentum will gather further.

Our club seems to be run well at present , on and off the pitch.

Hopefully that can continue.

Any stayaways should be welcomed back.

Last season, watching arguably the worst football in a decade (Can't decide

between Pressley or Coleman) I considered not renewing my season ticket.

I'm really pleased that I did.

This could finally be the year that our long suffering support have waited for.

See you at the game.

mechaishida

Hopefully 14000 plus will attend tomorrow.

A good non losing performance, inspiring a good atmosphere should attract a few back.
The football at home this season is great to watch, the best that I can remember for many a season.

If we win tomorrow to go top of the league, the momentum will gather further.

Our club seems to be run well at present , on and off the pitch.

Hopefully that can continue.

Any stayaways should be welcomed back.

Last season, watching arguably the worst football in a decade (Can't decide

between Pressley or Coleman) I considered not renewing my season ticket.

I'm really pleased that I did.

This could finally be the year that our long suffering support have waited for.

See you at the game.

That's it in a microcosm.

Personally, I think Gillingham (players and fans) are cacking it - we'll win tomorrow.

You all need to take that positive energy with you to the game, it'll be infectious.

Users who are viewing this thread