You don't know what you're missing! (2 Viewers)

runner

As a stay away fan, partly through objection, partly logistics (I've moved much further away) and partly down to getting into a "new" routine where my Saturday afternoons now involve family related things, rather than my Saturday afternoons when the SB's were at home before we went down to Sixfields, I always went ... had a season ticket ... that was my routine. Whilst all of the above is ultimately still a choice, a new routine can always be replaced with another one, but I do think that once I stopped, it will take a lot (and I do appreciate that whilst listening to some games on the radio and talking to friends they are seeing a hell of a lot right now) that by now, if I was in a different place, I'd be going back now ... but it isn't that simple.

harvey098

To all those fans who read this Forum but still can't bring themselves to get to a game, based on principle, their feelings about our owners, Wasps, past performances whatever, all I can say is you don't know what you're missing!

Today I'm a proud fan of a football club with a fantastic manager, and a team which is playing the most exciting and adventurous football I've seen in years. They are producing the quality football we've been crying out for. So now we have it, there's just one thing remaining to get us back where we belong, which right now is the Championship....support! So get down to the Ricoh, put any thoughts of sisu on the back burner, and come and join the party!!!

Almost exactly a month on from the original post and it is still relevant, probably more so. Win, lose or draw tomorrow it doesn't really matter, no one expected us to enjoy this season as much as we are. I'm am almost constantly excited anytime I think of our next game and we will almost certainly be involved in the play-off mix until at least around xmas even if we go on a bad run from now til then. Be part of it this year, could be our first top 6 finish for some 45 years. Don't miss that due to politics.

standupforcity

So glad I haven't been one of those to miss what's been going on this season. Been excited all week which has only grown with all the developments! Can't wait!!

Otis

Last 3 home league games we have scored 3, 4 and 4 again and we won all 3 matches.

Can there ever be a better reason to come right now and give the City another chance?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

OK let me rephrase that...Is the recent activity going to make any difference to the stay away fans? You say they'll be back...When? And what will bring them back if all this doesn't?

Just look at the teams in the championship ones who were in the prem even the likes of Blackpool in our league why do they not get full houses when not so long ago they were?
When will They ever go back? promotion well that will help☺

standupforcity

After yesterdays performance you do wonder what on earth else can be done to get the message out there.....ok it was a larger crowd and hopefully those who came will return, but I said to my son yesterday as we left how good I was feeling about being a City fan (since 1967), good or bad. The number of times I've been to a game and walked away disappointed...these days I'm not doing that, but my point is I got a buzz yesterday to know I've stuck in there no matter what (Northampton excluded...didn't attend a single game). These are very exciting days and so many people are missing out..the best excuse I hear is 'I've changed my Saturday routine and am spending more time with the family' which I'm not knocking and fair play to them, but a couple of weeks ago I took six members of the family, some of whom have never been to a game in their life, and they loved it....Hopefully attendances will build as we near crunch time, but they could be enjoying so much brilliant football NOW!!

Otis

What more do people want apart from entertaining games, a winning team and scoring a shed load of goals too?

If it's money then fair enough, but I can't see many other reasons stacking up apart from medical or other commitments.

Leamington Pete

In a way, I'm more encouraged by the gradual increase in attendances than a one off full house. Always felt that last year's 28,000 against Gilliingham showed our potential but the reality was a hard core 10,000. Now that hard core base number is slowly rising (in the same way over the years it slowly dropped) which is far more "real". If we can end the season with a regular 14 to 15,000 it would be a good base to kick on from, particularly if we were promoted.

SkyBlueMatt

In a way, I'm more encouraged by the gradual increase in attendances than a one off full house. Always felt that last year's 28,000 against Gilliingham showed our potential but the reality was a hard core 10,000. Now that hard core base number is slowly rising (in the same way over the years it slowly dropped) which is far more "real". If we can end the season with a regular 14 to 15,000 it would be a good base to kick on from, particularly if we were promoted.

I agree.

I've come to accept that the level of attendances are where we are at now. There won't be an overnight change, its just about building a new hardcore and the team are going about it in the right way. Hopefully come the end of the season we might be averaging 15-16k over the last 5 games.

I'm just not looking forward to the arguing if we end up going to Wembley and all these fans cant get tickets. The fighting begins over who the 'real' fans are and who deserves to go more...

Otis

If we can now be around the 13,000 to 15,000 mark for the next few games it will be something we can build on.

Mcbean

next nearest was 8 k in the division yesterday and then a big drop to 4k or so - Ricoh becomes a must go place for away fans - the pitch looked very good - will be interesting to see it next Saturday after the eggchasers have been all over it

Users who are viewing this thread