Yeovil Thread (4 Viewers)

JulianDarbyFTW

Nouble has had a great game today for me

I guess this is why we shouldn't judge forwards solely on goals. If his presence creates space and chances for others, then he deserves his place. Sometimes people are too quick to write people off before seeing them play.

mark82

I don't think ticket office issue had any bearing on the attendance. Could always see it going to the old average after the Gillingham game

Phillips on for the final 4 injury time minutes for Nouble

Was thinking more that there was only really a week to buy tickets for this game. Agree it won't be much more, but you'd think after all we've been through we could muster 15k.

stupot07

5th and in the play offs for the first time since relegation!!!!

The march to the arch is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Skyblueweeman

Don't mind how they come about...only care what the record books say. Happy with the 3 points today, 5th in the league I think.

Next....

stupot07

6th. Did we not have a couple of spells in the playoffs last season?

No I don't think so because we were -10 points.

The sky app says 5th at the minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

stupot07

No its not.

Automatic promotion.

Autos would be amazing, just not sure we have enough to hot and maintain that kind if form over a whole season.

mark82

No I don't think so because we were -10 points.

The sky app says 5th at the minute.

You're right. My sky app is showing two different tables but think the one showing us 5th is right.

James Smith

5th* after a good result today and hopefully the league position combined with the resolution of the ticket situation will see a higher attendance. PUSB.
(* have spotted that all the surrounding teams have a game in hand.)

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Good result I think. Only problems posed by Yeovil were brought on by ourselves really.

Nouble was brilliant. Held it up very well and is very quick footed for a big lad.

Just heard Mcquoid was injured and now a doubt for Tuesday. Shame, but will give Miller or Jackson a chance (or Tudgay although I think the former two will get a chance first).

Lots of players looked knackered over the 90. Guess that's only a positive as It means they're doing something on the pitch. Apart from Thomas (although I wil have an evening off of appearing as being anti-Thomas :) )

stupot07

11k is a bit of a disgrace after 27k last week.

Otis

Good result I think. Only problems posed by Yeovil were brought on by ourselves really.

Nouble was brilliant. Held it up very well and is very quick footed for a big lad.

Just heard Mcquoid was injured and now a doubt for Tuesday. Shame, but will give Miller or Jackson a chance (or Tudgay although I think the former two will get a chance first).

Lots of players looked knackered over the 90. Guess that's only a positive as It means they're doing something on the pitch. Apart from Thomas (although I wil have an evening off of appearing as being anti-Thomas :) )

Thomas didn't have a good game.

Stand out performers for me were Fleck and O'Brien. Also thought Nouble played well after a very poor start (poor first touch, awful shot about 25 yards off target). Was very impressed with Jackson when he came on. He keeps that up and he will be a firm favourite with City fans.

Thought overall it was a solid defensive effort too and Clarke, Willis and Johnson all had stong games. Haynes was quiet but did what he needed to do and the extra attention he got from Yeovil meant more space for other players.

Really liked the way we came back at them after conceding the equiliser. Previous years we would have lost that game after being pegged back to 1-1.

covcity4life

V good performance, deserved winners
Johnson motm. I love him sonso much. I wanna snog him. And then slowly work my way down towards.....

Hobo

Thomas did v well. I think people are wanting him to fail???

The lad has hada lean time. But does shows periods within games that he is more than capable. I think he has been over played at times in the last 12 months, the same could said of Fleck, due to the lack of squad options. I don't think Thomas is a lost cause, but there is still room for development and nurturing.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Thomas didn't have a good game.

Stand out performers for me were Fleck and O'Brien. Also thought Nouble played well after a very poor start (poor first touch, awful shot about 25 yards off target). Was very impressed with Jackson when he came on. He keeps that up and he will be a firm favourite with City fans.

Thought overall it was a solid defensive effort too and Clarke, Willis and Johnson all had stong games. Haynes was quiet but did what he needed to do and the extra attention he got from Yeovil meant more space for other players.

Really liked the way we came back at them after conceding the equiliser. Previous years we would have lost that game after being pegged back to 1-1.

OBrien is on par with Fleck as being my favourite City players at the minute (can 26 year olds still have favourite players?)

I agree with Nouble's first touch. It was heavy at times. But when he does manage to being it under control, he does well and usually lays it off to one of our players and we get a chance from it, or he looks forward.

As for his shot, atleast he got something behind it, unlike Clarke ;) (shame it went well high n wide though)

Otis

The lad has hada lean time. But does shows periods within games that he is more than capable. I think he has been over played at times in the last 12 months, the same could said of Fleck, due to the lack of squad options. I don't think Thomas is a lost cause, but there is still room for development and nurturing.

I thought he had a good game against Gillingham, especially in the first half, but today I thought he had a much poorer game and didn't have anywhere near the influence he had on that first game back at the Ricoh.

No doubt though that he can do a job for us.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Great result, blew them away the first 15 minutes. Rest of the game was pretty even but we just about edged it.

Really excited for the rest of the season now

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Thomas did v well. I think people are wanting him to fail???

Really? He did very well? I forgot he was playing for the first part of the first half!!

I don't want him to fail, far from it. I just do not rate him. Might only be 20 but he's shown no glimpses to suggest to me he is going to come good. I hope he does and makes me eat my words, but I think I'm safe on that account.

ericagradus

Any player ratings? Actually looking forward to the Footy League show!

Alsop - 6 great one on one shot stopper but want him to command his box more

Willis 7
Clarke 7
Webster 7
Reda 8, commanding and good decision making
Haynes 7

Fleck 9 my mom
Thomas 7
Obrien 8

Mcquid 7
Nouble 7

Subs
Jackson 7
Hines 7
Phillips n/a

No poor performances for me today.
Good team performance. We played some nice football but didn't create that many clear cut chances.

Really? He did very well? I forgot he was playing for the first part of the first half!!

I don't want him to fail, far from it. I just do not rate him. Might only be 20 but he's shown no glimpses to suggest to me he is going to come good. I hope he does and makes me eat my words, but I think I'm safe on that account.

Baker has gone, Arise the new scapegoat..... Connor Thomas. Personally I thought he had a good game today and was as good as the majority of the team. No one played poorly today.

Otis

Any player ratings? Actually looking forward to the Footy League show!

Well, I would mark it thus.....

Allsop - 6. Not too much to do really and couldn't be faulted for their goal

Clarke - 7. Got forwards well and broke up play on a number of occasions. A bit of sloppy passing and distribution here and there but overall I thought he had a strong game and only when Jackson came on did he get support down that right hand side when we were on the attack.

Haynes - 7. Much quieter game, but was solid and dependable. One fanatastic cross, but today was more about sticking to his defensive duties and he did well.

Webster - 6. Thought he did okay, but the radio had him down as at fault for the goal. Would need to see the replay as I didn't quite spot that. Did seem a very soft goal though.

Johnson - 8. Very strong presence at the back and he obviously got the goal too. Very strong on the ball and in the air. Impressive.

Willis - 7 . Another solid performance and did everything he needed to do.

Fleck - 8. Controlled the midfield alongside O'Brien and kep the City team ticking and moving. Another very impressive display. Not frightened to get stuck in, chase back and make a tackle either.

O'Brien - 8. Love his movement and intelligence both on and off the ball. With Fleck the pair very much controlled the midfield.

Thomas - 6. Worked his socks off but wasn't as influential as the other night and he also needs to work on his strength on challenges. Lost the ball in the 2nd half all too eaily and Yevoil quickly launched a very quick and dangerous counter attack as a result.

Nouble - 8. Started off poorly, but as the game wore on, imposed himslef, showed some nice touches, was strong and quick and was always a thorn in the Yeovil's back four.

McQuoid - 6. Worked hard but a little bit anonymous at times.

Jackson -7 . Very impressive off the bench. Showed great pace and movement and a good deal of intelligence both on and off the ball. A real poacher's goal to boot. Think he and Nouble look like they could be a formidable strike partnership.

Hines - Not really on long enough.

Phillips.- Ditto. As above.

Last edited:

covcity4life

Allsop 6
Clarke 6
Haynes 6
Webster 7
Willis 7
Johnson 9
Fleck 8
O'Brien 8
Thomas 6
Nouble 8
Mquoid 6

Jackson 7
Hines 6
Phillips n/a

ccfc_Tom

Allsop 6

Willis 8
Clarke 6
Webster 7
Reda 8
Haynes 7

Fleck 9
Thomas 6
Obrien 8

Mcquid 7
Nouble 8

Simeon looked great up front with nouble, lots of pace and looked techincally good, first choice striker pairing for me. Struggled to get haynes into the game with clarke getting more of the ball on the right but he's just not as good a crosser or especially quick. O'brien and fleck were quality in the middle while Reda was putting in grea ttackles time and time again. Good win.

stupot07

I thought he had a good game against Gillingham, especially in the first half, but today I thought he had a much poorer game and didn't have anywhere near the influence he had on that first game back at the Ricoh.

No doubt though that he can do a job for us.

Yeah, that's what I thought, especially as I took so much shit last week sticking up for him.

That said, Yeovil's midfield were far more organised and physical than Gillingham's, so we never really got the passing going.

ajsccfc

Nouble's all beef, there were a couple of times when he thwarted defenders by just standing his ground and watching them bounce off. I like to think he was laughing like a supervillain while doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread