Yakubu (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

Feed the Yak he will score.

Aha ! Knew we'd find the problem area soon enough :) To feed him, we need wingers that can cross the ball reasonably accurately or midfielders that can play through the channels for him to run on to .......... bugger :(

Warwickhunt

(86Kl)13 stone, 7 lb that is not to bad for someone who is just a tad over 6ft (1.83mtr)

Nick

Administrator
_90348840_yakubu1.jpg

oucho

Aha ! Knew we'd find the problem area soon enough :) To feed him, we need wingers that can cross the ball reasonably accurately or midfielders that can play through the channels for him to run on to .......... bugger :(
Looks like he's taken it too literally, seems to have done far too much feeding, judging by the look of him!

oucho

You wouldn't mess with him, would you? Looks like he should be throwing mouthy students out of nightclubs whilst wearing an earpiece and a big black coat.

shmmeee

Not too hard to lose weight / gain WW points when you're carrying a lot extra in the first place. It just means that a sensible diet and a bit of exercise will see you lose lots of weight quite quickly, as there's lots of "low hanging fruit", no pun intended, that can be lost without much effort. I didn't do any exercise from mid-November to new year, but since then I've been looking after myself and have lost about a stone just by eating sensibly and going for an evening run.

Lose The Gut thread is in Off Topic m8

Actually, someone send Yakubu the link ;)

shmmeee

I'm torn on this. The ever the optimist part of me says anything is worth a go and God knows we need a bit of strength and someone who knows where the net is in this side.

The pragmatist in me says it's a waste of cash that we'll need in the summer and he's probably another over the hill player that will add nothing.

At least he can't disrupt this team, they can't get any worse.

oucho

Worst case scenario is that he's another MAF/Henderson and adds nothing, so we go down.......we lose nothing by giving him a shot.

If nothing else, other teams will treat him with a bit of respect and maybe this will open up some gaps for the rest of our team when we're on the attack.

no_loyalty

How many goals do you think Yakubu will score this season?

I'm going for 7

covcity4life

Were gonna play hoofball whilst slade is here so im more than happy to see a physical striker come in that can help make it work

Captain Dart

Yes he might be overweight but a lot of you have short memories of what the beast did to our defence last week. We've needed a physical presence upfront since Dion left. Welcome the Yak.
We had Adebola & Juke when in Championship, who were not too shabby.

It might be a desperate signing, but surely none of us will know until we see him play.

I reserve judgement until I can see him in a City shirt (that's if we can find one to fit him).

Also, signings such as this, with a player of previously high profile, can inspire those players around him.

Not expecting it to work outs but at least we are trying something and if he is the only half fit player going then so be it

I know we might all be clutching at straws but what do we really have to lose. Yes he will be overweight and short of match fitness but he will be potentially far better than anyone else we have got. Just don't expect him to do lots of running or lung bursting attacks on goal. He will have Beavon and Thomas in our around him and will surely be able to hold the ball up or shield it better than our present crop of misfits. With 16 games to go the great escape is definitely possible but it will be a very tall order. We have to start scoring and stop making silly unforced errors.

steve82

Where have all these quotes come from that suggest he's overweight?
Do we have the standard picture of him with the scarf held high or shirt with his name on the back?

Otis

Do we have the standard picture of him with the scarf held high or shirt with his name on the back?
I have put his picture side by side with Cian Harries' and he's definitely overweight.

Moff

No scarf produced that's big enough yet, and the shirt ripped at the seams. ;)

singers_pore

We are already down so I really don't see the point of this signing. Too little too late I'm afraid. The money would have been better used for next season rather than wasting it on a futile gesture this season. As Grendel said, this really smacks of a club lacking any leadership as the decisions have been delegated to Slade and Venus. We have no leadership. Fisher has to go. We really need a full time CEO.

hutch1972

Unfit or not , his ability to actually shoot on target will do us no harm.
If he plays regularly he will hit double figures, I'm hoping so anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread