Yakubu (1 Viewer)

westofrayne

34+ Not had a club this season, how fit will he be? Talent will be there but will the legs be able to cope?

let's see where this goes

st john

dongonzalos

This is hilarious.
The only issue is Slade won't fuck around. If he isn't fit enough then he will not take him.
How will he be fit enough if he hasn't had a club all season?
For me personally a 70% fit Yakubu
With the right mental attitude is well worth the risk !!!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's desperate, and typical of us. He hasn't played all season. What the fuck is wrong with our club?

That being said, the best way to get fit is playing matches. Just play him and see what happens. We are so shit that lowering the standard even more is surely almost impossible.

steve82

I said on another post that should RS take him on in what ever condition he may be he'd not be playing with the same ethic as Beavon trying to cover ever blade of grass to hustle the defence.
He just a brute up front that will hopefully occupy our opposition giant defenders, holding them off with his strengths and laying off loose balls to open up chances for other.
He's not done a lot in the last few years but even if he'd of scored 10/15+ I'm sure we'd knock that out of him very quickly....
As long as he can still get about for 75 mins and play a target man role then he's surely worth bringing in for a few training sessions to see if he's anything to offer.
As I said he may be the compliment to someone we already have to spark something.

Warwickhunt

If RS cannot sort out the supply to the YaK then it will flounder on stony ground.

Otis

Surely he Will be nowhere near fit?
Exactly.

All well and good saying throw him in, but he has been without a club for a whole season.

Playing him could be disastrous and he would probably have a strain or injury within about 10 mins of taking to the field.

Didn't Slade just use that very argument of lack of match fitness for the Sheff Utd lad.

Would be very irresponsible to just throw a completely unfit player into a game. 75% fit and you may get away with it, but no club for a year? Fitness level must be well below 50%.

Users who are viewing this thread