Yakubu (1 Viewer)

Bristol sky blue

Starve the Yak and he will score...

Anyway, talk about shutting the stable door after the horse has already bolted... we are already down folks, even if Yak has a positive impact and avoids injury all this signing will do is delay the inevitable (and provide our glorious owners with the line 'we backed Rusell Slade to the hilt after his appointment, even signing a proven striker with Premiership experience blah, blah, blah.'
Note that this signing could have taken place before now, but has been delayed until after we've lost a relegation 6 pointer and lost ground against the team in 20th place.
Yes, I am deeply cynical - good luck to those who think he'll make a difference, I hope he does, but am not holding my breath.

Gaz71

No scarf produced that's big enough yet, and the shirt ripped at the seams. ;)

Perhaps he can borrow Lenny Kravitz's scarf?
9df2e6a22b9e14f1c2f68e76f9b955c2.jpg

AStonesThrow

Aha ! Knew we'd find the problem area soon enough :) To feed him, we need wingers that can cross the ball reasonably accurately or midfielders that can play through the channels for him to run on to .......... bugger :(
Either that or a decent patch of grass. of which we have neither

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Hobo

Again it really shows what's wrong with the club. It's not all this bollocks that sisu take money out the club (or they'd have vetoed this for sure) but that the directors take no responsibility for decisions and just hand it to the manager and Venus
Fisher should just block it but sits on his hands.

It is what I have been saying for ages Grendel. No leadership from the top. No corporate identity. No plan. They don't engage with the fans. They don't engage with the players. Directors flip flop in and out.

The one constant is Fisher, he is shocking. Nothing dynamic or inspirational about him.

Calista

Quite a few similarities with the John Hartson signing back in ’01… desperation to solve a shortage of goals by signing a striker with fitness issues in February, probably ending up with the same result of relegation.
Yes. that was my first thought too. Hartson made a BIG difference to the team but sadly a couple of months too late, and this has the same feel about it. Hope I'm wrong.

its a buzzard

Starve the Yak and he will score...

Anyway, talk about shutting the stable door after the horse has already bolted... we are already down folks, even if Yak has a positive impact and avoids injury all this signing will do is delay the inevitable (and provide our glorious owners with the line 'we backed Rusell Slade to the hilt after his appointment, even signing a proven striker with Premiership experience blah, blah, blah.'
Note that this signing could have taken place before now, but has been delayed until after we've lost a relegation 6 pointer and lost ground against the team in 20th place.
Yes, I am deeply cynical - good luck to those who think he'll make a difference, I hope he does, but am not holding my breath.
It's a ridiculous pantomime, with a yak standing in for the horse. We were relegated a while ago and this is a sideshow unless, of course, the Yak brings his goalie gloves with him, can defend, create chances AND get on the end of them...

Gazolba

He won't save us from relegation, that is already inevitable, so put that out of your minds.
Based on recent form, he'll score at most five or six goals for us.
I don't think he'll play for a couple of weeks and after that probably only for 45 minutes.
However, he could help us win the Checkatrade trophy and will at least inject some interest in the last few weeks of the season.

AStonesThrow

Sky sports reporting this morning that he has officially signed now, just pending international clearance

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

Throw him in straight away, no point in this signing if it's going to take weeks to take fit and then he can only play in 20 minutes spells.

no_loyalty

Throw him in straight away, no point in this signing if it's going to take weeks to take fit and then he can only play in 20 minutes spells.

I imagine they will once the international clearance is all sorted, don't know how long that is likely to take?

Astute

I imagine they will once the international clearance is all sorted, don't know how long that is likely to take?
His clearance will be sorted just in time for the massive upcoming cup final :smuggrin:

richnrg

Every day at lunchtime I take a mile long circular walk from work, taking me over a bridge that crosses a small steam. I always lean over the side of the bridge and stare into the stream looking for fish. I tell myself that if I do spot a fish then City will win that weekend/evening, depending on the day. I stay for about 5 minutes in the hope that I might spot one.

Needless to say, I haven't seen a fish in months.

This lunchtime I stopped at the same bridge and spent 5 minutes staring into the water - again with no success. Then, amazingly, just as I was about to give up, this ungainly looking, dark, bobbly fish swam up slowly from under the bridge and just sort of 'hovered' there for a few seconds, before drifting back out of sight.

Now correct me if I've misread this, but if that is not a sign that Yakubu is going to score a last minute headed winner tonight I don't know what is.

Users who are viewing this thread