Match Thread Wycombe (2 Viewers)

cc84cov

Hopefully Godden is ready but the conversation was pretty obviously on the assumption he's not fit for a start yet.
The only way we get Godden fit is by playing him,as robins doesn’t seem to want to use under 23’s games to get them fit so start him & walker & bring max on late to replace Godden

ccfcmad1

Been on furlough since start of year football and cov have always been a big thing in my life but staying at home with nothing to keep me occupied city games and the count down to them Is the only real thing to look foward to. Feeling the nerves for this one already it really is a big one for us just hope the players turn up!

D

Deleted member 2477

If ever there was a must win game this season then this is it.
i can see Brum getting at least a point against Watford who are another one of those teams that blow hot and cold. Brum will be so pumped up after last night its worrying when we are on a downward spiral.
we cant keep hoping others will lose our destiny is in our own hands and if we go down its our own fault

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

i can see Brum getting at least a point against Watford who are another one of those teams that blow hot and cold. Brum will be so pumped up after last night its worrying when we are on a downward spiral.
we cant keep hoping others will lose our destiny is in our own hands and if we go down its our own fault
Watford have won 8/9 games that’s hardly hot and cold. They’ll beat Birmingham.

Otis

Watford have won 8/9 games that’s hardly hot and cold. They’ll beat Birmingham.
Agree.

Thought, though Brum put in a valiant effort last night, most refs would have chalked the first goal off for a foul, Reading should have had a pen, Gardner should have received a second yellow and they created absolutely nothing in that second half and the winner was the completely out of the blue.

Expect a Watford win.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Agree.

Thought, though Brum put in a valiant effort last night, most refs would have chalked the first goal off for a foul, Reading should have had a pen, Gardner should have received a second yellow and they created absolutely nothing in that second half and the winner was the completely out of the blue.

Expect a Watford win.
They defended well, as they have done all season. Reading were all over them. Watford will be more clinical, as will Swansea and Brentford

KenilworthSkyBlue

Agree.

Expect a Watford win.

Birmingham also still looked completely void of any ideas going forward for the most part. Their first goal was a foul and the second was as a result of terrible defending from a corner.

Other than their goals they didn't pose any real threat - against a Reading side whose defence looked completely out of their depth. Reading made them look far better than they actually were.

Frostie

The only way we get Godden fit is by playing him,as robins doesn’t seem to want to use under 23’s games to get them fit so start him & walker & bring max on late to replace Godden

It was Godden's choice not to play for the U23s.

South West Sky Blue

We can’t play Biamou Saturday - we have to win. We can’t be doing with him missing sitters again

I take your point coz the evidence was there on Tuesday, although I do think there's mitigation.

However I think we should have more attacking intent on the pitch on Saturday. For me, Godden isn't ready to start yet (I realise that's subjective). I want two up top. Max and Baka are different to Walker, Godden & Gyokeres who are reasonably similar players in style of play. The other 3 are more poachers / finishers who don't rely on strength or speed (again subjective). I'm not convinced that playing two of these together would be a great combination, particularly as Godden will need a few weeks to be firing on all cylinders. I think Max could bring the other striker into play more in the way Heskey burgled most of his England caps!
I'm sure given time, they (Godden / Walker) could develop an understanding, but maybe not yet.
I'll mitigate this by saying I don't know enough about Gyokeres yet, so will defer to those who know more about his style of play.

The whole Max debate is for another thread, which I'm sure we're all tired of now anyway. I'm not taking the pro-Max or anti-Max side, just don't want to be too harsh on him.

skybluesam66

5 definite starters

Marosi
Ostigaard
Hyam
O Hare
Godden

Then I would for this game go

Marosi
DeCosta
Ostigaard
Hyam
McCAllum
Kelly
O Hare
James
Shipley

Godden
Biamou

Bench to include the following to add impetus after the hour
Hamer
Walker
Dabo

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I take your point coz the evidence was there on Tuesday, although I do think there's mitigation.

However I think we should have more attacking intent on the pitch on Saturday. For me, Godden isn't ready to start yet (I realise that's subjective). I want two up top. Max and Baka are different to Walker, Godden & Gyokeres who are reasonably similar players in style of play. The other 3 are more poachers / finishers who don't rely on strength or speed (again subjective). I'm not convinced that playing two of these together would be a great combination, particularly as Godden will need a few weeks to be firing on all cylinders. I think Max could bring the other striker into play more in the way Heskey burgled most of his England caps!
I'm sure given time, they (Godden / Walker) could develop an understanding, but maybe not yet.
I'll mitigate this by saying I don't know enough about Gyokeres yet, so will defer to those who know more about his style of play.

The whole Max debate is for another thread, which I'm sure we're all tired of now anyway. I'm not taking the pro-Max or anti-Max side, just don't want to be too harsh on him.
It’s not just that game though. He’s missed sitters all season.

Problem is it’s not just max - Gyorkeres is just as dreadful. I’d rather gamble on Godden and Walker coming good together

Adge

No ifs, no buts, no draws. 3 points and not anything less.

Sky Blue Harry H

Still feel like this is too early for Godden. We all saw what happened when we rushed him back last time.

Don't want to be carrying anybody fitness wise - a fully fit Godden may make all the difference in the last half a dozen games. keep just giving him a role off the bench, as and when we can. Sooner Walker start ahead of him in the meantime.

Colin Steins Smile

I think was interesting that MR substituted both Hamer & O'Hare early in the second half. IMO with a view for saving them for this Saturdays match.
Both of those players probably cover the greatest distance every match and a higher proportion than other players at a higher intensity.
I would use Godden off the bench as asking him to start could be too much to early. We could do with a fully fit Godden for the final few matches, especially if we are desperate for wins.

Offhegoes

Marosi
Dabo Osti Hyam McCallum
Kelly Sheaf
DaCosta Hamer O'Hare
Godden

DaCosta and Dabo down the right could be useful. O'Hare and Hamer to support Godden. Bring Biamou on 2nd half when Godden tires

Jagmannn

This should be the easiest of 3 points for any team playing at home against a team at the bottom of league.
This will put a measure on Coventry as if they have the spirit or the fight to stay up

lifeskyblue

This should be the easiest of 3 points for any team playing at home against a team at the bottom of league.
This will put a measure on Coventry as if they have the spirit or the fight to stay up

You just know football and especially CCFC doesn’t always follow that.
I’m hopeful we will win but I suspect it won’t be the ‘easiest of 3points’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfc92

IIRC from the last game vs them, we went 2-0 up quickly then completely sat off them and defended the 2-1 lead.

I think we are better going for teams, like vs Brentford.

Hopefully we go all out Saturday.

johnwillomagic

I think we keep three centre backs and play box against Wycombe who seem to struggle when we play this against them.
I would have Rose back for McFadz if he is fit tbh.

Marosi

Osti Rose Hyam

Dabo James Kelly McCallum

O'Hare Shipley

Walker

Subs: Wilson, Pask, DaCosta, Hamer, Sheaf, Allen, Biamou, Godden, Baka

Sky Blue Pete

Watford have won like 8 on the trot haven’t they?

Major Tom

If we could be winning nicely by half time that would be great. As have the dentist at 4 !

Wycombe won't be a walk over. We have had great luck vs them. But lets home sat isn't when that ends
I have a bad feeling about this one. Defence looked shell shocked Tuesday, hopefully they can get their heads straight for Saturday.

Sky Blue Harry H

Legitimately had a dream where we lost this 1-0 and Baka scored the winner for them

Weirdly, although I spend too much of my waking life thinking about City, I don't think I've ever had a dream about them. Not sure if that makes me odd, or you?

Brighton Sky Blue

Weirdly, although I spend too much of my waking life thinking about City, I don't think I've ever had a dream about them. Not sure if that makes me odd, or you?

I have a CCFC related dream once every few months, this was the first one that was about just one game. Normally it hops between several

Users who are viewing this thread