Match Thread Wycombe Match Thread (1 Viewer)

ccfcrob

One of the lads coming with me tonight is obsessed with starting a song for JCH to the tune of Emmerdale. "Jonson, Jonson Clarke-Harris scores goals for Coventry du du du du du " And repeat. Annoyingly its quite catchy

nunchuckas

One of the lads coming with me tonight is obsessed with starting a song for JCH to the tune of Emmerdale. "Jonson, Jonson Clarke-Harris scores goals for Coventry du du du du du " And repeat. Annoyingly its quite catchy

I heard that at Mansfield! It's the Heartbeat theme tune though, not Emmerdale's. I agree it's catchy; it's been stuck in my head since Saturday...

Captain Dart

I heard that at Mansfield! It's the Heartbeat theme tune though, not Emmerdale's. I agree it's catchy; it's been stuck in my head since Saturday...
By Heartbeat theme tune, do you mean the Buddy Holly song that was used as the theme for the naff TV series Heartbeat?

Otis

"Italiahorse" might be just a little dramatic but if we don't win we will be 6 points behind the playoffs 2 extra wins we would require with 12 games remaining . The problem if we do win is some will be coming on here saying 4 points from the next 2 games will do well, even if we did win tonight I think the 6 points would be required wins against these teams are what is needed in our situation its no good matching these you have to better their results and by beating them that happens. To me these 3 games will decide if we are in the playoffs or not.

But, doesn't it help that after tonight we have 3 home games in a row?

Get a draw tonight and it will boost morale (successive away draws against 2 of the best teams in the division) and then we are at home for the next 3 where our form has been very good on the whole.

I would take a draw tonight. A win would be fantastic, but a draw will be fine if we can then follow that up with a win against Lincoln and then Barnet.

ccfcrob

A win tonight is not essential in reality, but what it would do mentally is phenomenal. If we draw tonight it effectively puts more "pressure" on winning the next 2-3 on the spin. If we win tonight we have taken 4 points from 6, away at 2 fellow promotion contenders. That is going to give one hell of a boost!

Tommo72

I think we have to be realistic as well as hopeful.

Wycombe had a bad at the office on Saturday and they will be looking to put that right tonight....I do believe the second half performance at Brighton and the fighting spirit we showed on Saturday are good omens and we may well have turned the corner.....

But surely we would all take a point now and look to beat Lincoln and Barnet?

italiahorse

"Italiahorse" might be just a little dramatic but if we don't win we will be 6 points behind the playoffs 2 extra wins we would require with 12 games remaining . The problem if we do win is some will be coming on here saying 4 points from the next 2 games will do well, even if we did win tonight I think the 6 points would be required wins against these teams are what is needed in our situation its no good matching these you have to better their results and by beating them that happens. To me these 3 games will decide if we are in the playoffs or not.

It's not dramatic, it's the same every year.
Got to admire these guys that wear their heart on their sleeves but we need to have a change of form to get out this year.
The gap is growing. Was a few points away from automatics a few weeks ago and now its a few points from playoffs.
We won't get out next season either if Sisu balance the books.
Wins from now on should be the plan for manager, players and fans.

italiahorse

I think we have to be realistic as well as hopeful.

Wycombe had a bad at the office on Saturday and they will be looking to put that right tonight....I do believe the second half performance at Brighton and the fighting spirit we showed on Saturday are good omens and we may well have turned the corner.....

But surely we would all take a point now and look to beat Lincoln and Barnet?

This is the problem. We have fans and Robins accepting/playing for a point. It won't work from now on.

stevefloyd

Judas
Personally I would go with

GK Burge
LB Haynes
CB Hyam
CB McDonald
RB Grimmer
CM Doyle
CM Shipley
Just in front Bayliss
ST JCH
ST Biamou
ST McNulty playing off the other 2.

Wycombe are an attacking side, need to match them and pin them in their own half. I have seen them plenty of times under Ainsworth (Being my hometown). They are a team set up too attack. When they are matched with that they struggle, by swamping Bean and O'Nien in the middle it means one of the front 3 (Usually Akinfenwa) has to drop in the win the battle in the middle. If he's there, he cant be winning headers and second balls in our box.

smileycov

Facebook User
I bet you said the same last year.
Let me guess "We are too good to go down".
When we finish mid table will you see it as acceptable ?
Nope, we were shite and deserved it. I was merely pointing out that YOUR comment our season is over if we loose is tripe. It will not help obviously, but it certainly doesn’t mean we are dead and buried.

italiahorse

It’s not about accepting or not accepting, this is a tough game and I think a point here is a point gained rather than two lost.
This is one of the teams we need to overtake.
Treading water will leave us exactly where we are.
Games are running out and the gap is getting bigger rather than smaller.

Otis

This is one of the teams we need to overtake.
Treading water will leave us exactly where we are.
Games are running out and the gap is getting bigger rather than smaller.
Yeah, get all that Italia, but you also have to look at each game in isolation and the opposition you are facing.

I know Wycombe had a blip on Saturday, but the previous 3 home games to that they scored 10 goals and won all 3.

It's a tough match tonight. A draw will be okay as long as we can follow it up with wins.

ccfcrob

Yeah, get all that Italia, but you also have to look at each game in isolation and the opposition you are facing.

I know Wycombe had a blip on Saturday, but the previous 3 home games to that they scored 10 goals and won all 3.

It's a tough match tonight. A draw will be okay as long as we can follow it up with wins.
They could have had 5 Saturday, Akinfenwa hit the bar and 2 others missed absolute sitters. They will always create chances.

Nick

Administrator
It's the same as Mansfield creating chances against us when they went down the left then passed it inside for a shot on goal.

Wycombe will be dangerous so we will need to hit them earlier to get in front and then force them to commit more forward so we can exploit that or we are going to be in for a painful night of watching them create chances off Akinfenwa.

Londonccfcfan

A win tonight is not essential in reality, but what it would do mentally is phenomenal. If we draw tonight it effectively puts more "pressure" on winning the next 2-3 on the spin. If we win tonight we have taken 4 points from 6, away at 2 fellow promotion contenders. That is going to give one hell of a boost!

Agree completely. I did day a week ago. We need 7 points from next 4 games. To climb back into contention. We already have 1 very hard fought point that I didn't expect. Tbh I expected is to lose 3/4/5 nil on Saturday after the first 15 mins.

A win today would take the pressure off a bit vs home games.

Main thing is we keep on picking up points. 1 or 3 minimum. If we lose today we must win vs Lincoln and Barnet to keep up with top 7.

It was a huge bonus that most our rivals lost this weekend and some of them at home vs bottom 8 teams. But we can't expect other teams to do it for us.

Mansfield was a step in the right direction. Need to step it up.

I'm sure the likes of rivals like Lincoln and swindon are hoping wycombe win today.

usskyblue

brian ~ 40’s ~ lives with parents ~ Only Fools and Horses impressions all day ?

rob9872

I came in singing it to a Blue nose on Monday and everyone in the office said it was irritating and poor, but occasionally I catch one of them suddenly humming a bit of Heartbeat. As Kylie once 'sang' "I can't get it outta my head"!

Users who are viewing this thread