Match Thread Wycombe Match Thread (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Big game coming up. They lost their last game, so will be looking to reverse that. Cov have halted the losing streak and hopefully we can at least get a draw here but a win is really what we need.

Nick

Administrator
I think it needs to be a win, if we lose it's going to be a massive kick in the playoff chances.

Still worried about the defence, Hyam and Mcdonald in the middle against Akinfenwa and Mackail Smith :(

Sky Blue Harry H

Was going to this, but illness combined with weather means a no. Hoping it's played if we win, but half hoping it's called off so I can go (as long as we win!) Definitely attack is the best way against this bunch.

tom88

Win for sky blues. We have a great record against Wycombe lately.

Really hope JCH isn’t injured

Londonccfcfan

Group of 8 of us from london going to this!

Hopefully its on! Weather forecast looks horrendous. Hope they have undersoil heating.dont want this rearranged.

Its not often i get to have my dinner at home before a game on Tuesday night!

Looking forward to this predicting another 3-2 win here.

Burge
Grimmer
Rod
Hyam
Stokes
Bayliss
Doyle
Kelly
Shipley
JCH
McNulty

Esoterica

If we set up like we did for the first 15 minutes on Saturday then we're going to batter them - their defence will be unable to cope with the movement of McNulty and aggression of JCH. 12 goals conceded in their last 5 home games.
They are just flat-track bullies with a very poor record against the top 10 (shout out to Carlisle who have scored 6 goals against them and come away with 1 point to show for it!):
Wycombe 10.png
Against the bottom half of the table, Akinfenwa is in his element:
wyc bott.png
They are still top of the form table but that Morecambe result is going to send them on a little wobble. 1-4 to us, 2 each for McNulty and JCH as we register the first victory in our unbeaten run for the rest of the season, miraculously claiming the 3rd autos spot.

Fergusons_Beard

I would rest Doyle.

His left knee heavily bandaged at HT on Satdee and he was blowing out of his arse.

Start with Kelly and Bayliss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Esoterica

do we know for definite that JCH is available, he looked to be limping Saturday to me.
Unless anyone has any insider information I doubt we'll find out until the team is released. Although the communication coming out of the club has been loads better this season, updates prior to midweek games have been few and far between.

Nick

Administrator
I think if jch and Doyle are out it takes the little aggression we have. We would get bullied.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We need to go and attack them. They are good going forward but vulnerable at the back. We cannot afford to sit back.

We need to go into this game with the mentality that we have to win.

rob9872

Was going to this, but illness combined with weather means a no. Hoping it's played if we win, but half hoping it's called off so I can go (as long as we win!) Definitely attack is the best way against this bunch.
Are you a definite "No" H? Let me know if you're better tomorrow.

shmmeee

As the old saying goes unless you're Kevin Keegan attack is the best form of defence

I’m convinced that below the Championship the quality of available defenders is generally below that of the available attackers, especially when you consider young loanees. So you’ll always do well playing “we’ll score one more than you”.

Otis

Anyone else worried that we will be just that little bit more tired than Wycombe tomorrow, with us having just played out a game with only 10 men for so long?

ccfcrob

Wycombe are confident it will be with their under soil heating
The pitch wont be an issue, its the surrounding areas that usually get the game called off. With Adams park being at the end of the industrial estate (which is heavily used), I cant see that being an issue, the hill coming down from Cressex would be the issue.

Londonccfcfan

Anyone else worried that we will be just that little bit more tired than Wycombe tomorrow, with us having just played out a game with only 10 men for so long?
Cant say we noticed which team had 10 men in second half. The fitness levels including that warrior Doyle was immense.

Esoterica

Not me. We actually had a few spells of possession football and letting the ball do the work!
Kelly sat out most of the game having looked sharp. Doyle was blowing hard last 20 but it was his first match back from a break. Bayliss is a spring chicken. McNulty got a break 2nd half. JCH has barely played all season if he can overcome whatever knock he took. What is likely to be the back 4 - Grimmer, Hyam, McDonald, Haynes have all spent time out of the team recently.

covcity4life

Group of 8 of us from london going to this!

Hopefully its on! Weather forecast looks horrendous. Hope they have undersoil heating.dont want this rearranged.

Its not often i get to have my dinner at home before a game on Tuesday night!

Looking forward to this predicting another 3-2 win here.

Burge
Grimmer
Rod
Hyam
Stokes
Bayliss
Doyle
Kelly
Shipley
JCH
McNulty

drop shipley for reid

win will be huge for us

Legia Sky Blue

The opposite. They are an old team & hopefully this game will come too quickly for them. I am more worried about us dealing with their direct route one approach to Akinfenwa. Their forwards are quite cute about playing the percentages by getting an early nudge on the opposing centre half, whereby if the ref sees it (they often don't) they give away a foul by the opposition penalty box, or alternatively the defenders nudge the Wycombe forwards back, by which time the ref is watching, and they get given a free kick around the box. We really need our defenders to stay disciplined and not fall into their trap. If we do that I think we can win, and I'm not usually the most optimistic when it comes to CCFC!

lifeskyblue

Knowing our luck if we had him he would pull a muscle chasing the first aimless hoof up field.
Anyway doesn’t he see himself being too good for the likes of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

higgs

Knowing our luck if we had him he would pull a muscle chasing the first aimless hoof up field.
Anyway doesn’t he see himself being too good for the likes of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He would do his cruciate

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Irish Sky Blue

The opposite. They are an old team & hopefully this game will come too quickly for them. I am more worried about us dealing with their direct route one approach to Akinfenwa. Their forwards are quite cute about playing the percentages by getting an early nudge on the opposing centre half, whereby if the ref sees it (they often don't) they give away a foul by the opposition penalty box, or alternatively the defenders nudge the Wycombe forwards back, by which time the ref is watching, and they get given a free kick around the box. We really need our defenders to stay disciplined and not fall into their trap. If we do that I think we can win, and I'm not usually the most optimistic when it comes to CCFC!
In the home game they won lots of free kicks all over the pitch which were launched to the edge of our penalty area where they had 5 or 6 players challenging for it. A unique style! We need to try not to give needless freekicks away.

Users who are viewing this thread