Match Thread Wycombe Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Adge

You do though. The only players you will criticise strongly are the 4-5 young players who played last season, conviently forgetting we have 20 other players. It’s like you think we play 5 a side with our academy players
So I haven’t criticised Biamou or Kelly then?

Adge

It’s how you spend your budget. We sold Vincelot, a solid League One player who performed well for us, to buy Jordan Turnbull.

Having one of the bigger budgets doesn’t guarantee you success nor does having one of the smallest budgets mean you’ll get relegated
And who was playing in midfield when he left? Oh yes, Bigi and Stevenson and as a result.......

SlowerThanPlatt

At the minute yes, so would I. But long term as we know he won’t cut it.

Vincenti guaranteed starter next season if we get promoted based on his L1 seasons with Rochdale where the general coensus was that he was a solid player for them?

Adge

Vincenti guaranteed starter next season if we get promoted based on his L1 seasons with Rochdale where the general coensus was that he was a solid player for them?
And how do we know that? On that basis then you would have Burge in for next season as he started how many games in L1 last season?

Adge

So if we played Gadzhev and Rose we would have stayed up?

The entire squad was poor and lacking quality but you concentrate on a few players
So the players being “concentrated” on as you like to put it were not poor? And you say I’m selective!

SlowerThanPlatt

And how do we know that? On that basis then you would have Burge in for next season as he started how many games in L1 last season?

You said Burge and Willis aren’t good enough because they got relegated last season.

Vincenti was never relegated and played in some good Rochdale teams which makes him a guaranteed starter if you’re going through what players have performed at a higher level

Adge

So if we played Gadzhev and Rose we would have stayed up?

The entire squad was poor and lacking quality but you concentrate on a few players
Again we don’t know, we went for 2 others over Rose and Ghadzhev and ultimately paid the price.

Adge

You said Burge and Willis aren’t good enough because they got relegated last season.

Vincenti was never relegated and played in some good Rochdale teams which makes him a guaranteed starter if you’re going through what players have performed at a higher level
Bigi played in the Championship and for Newcastle in the Prem?

Grendel

Adge

..‘The entire squad was poor and lacking quality’

Try and read before replying :)
So your saying the “entire squad” wasn’t good enough-which includes Burge,Haynes,Bigi,Stevenson,Willis et al. Thank god for that! We got there in the end although you tried to skirt round it for long enough.Now let’s bring the curtain down.

SlowerThanPlatt

So your saying the “entire squad” wasn’t good enough-which includes Burge,Haynes,Bigi,Stevenson,Willis et al. Thank god for that! We got there in the end although you tried to skirt round it for long enough.Now let’s bring the curtain down.

I’ve literally never said the opposite

SlowerThanPlatt

Bigi played in the Championship and for Newcastle in the Prem?

Yep. I’m using your logic! :D

If a player gets relegated with a team he isn’t good enough to play in that league ever again

If a player doesn’t get relegated with a team he is good enough play in that league again

Great_Expectations

Any criticism of our academy is ridiculous.

The argument we are where are because of it, or because of playing players too early, or whatever the argument gets changed to when challenged is nonsensical.

I’m not looking at the stats, but anecdotally it feels as though we must have one of the most successful academies in the EFL?

Liquid Gold

Edge is probably salty because he has a fat kid that got turned away and now blames the academy for him playing COD all day and getting wank stains on the sofa.

Users who are viewing this thread