Wycombe cancel 7 Feb league game - SF date? (3 Viewers)

Garryb80

Odd! Why cancel potentially 2 games, Swindon and Bury, to fit this in on TV when they could just play it the week its actually scheduled for!

Otis

Bloody hell, this sounds a more rubbish idea by the minute.

We play Swindon at home on the Saturday and then supposedly Wycombe at home on the Monday.

Guess who plays at the Ricoh on the Sunday? Yep, you guessed it. :(

The Ricoh pitch is going to have to deal with with three games in three days. It's going to be in a right old state. :(

chiefdave

Great. So only a week to sell tickets, not in half term and less incentive for away fans to travel. Not to mention the chance of more idiotic behaviour like today.

Otis

Does Willis's sending off ban include this game? I heard some say it doesn't count for this trophy, but that sounds a little odd.

If he isn't available we had better pray that Stokes IS.

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Does Willis's sending off ban include this game? I heard some say it doesn't count for this trophy, but that sounds a little odd.

If he isn't available we had better pray that Stokes IS.

I suspect it will. Although the rules are different (and made up), as Willis will also serve a 3 match ban like Stevenson, he's also likely to miss 4 games in the same manner.

Unless we just play him and potentially face a(nother) fine

Otis

Was just thinking, with a cup final place at stake we should risk the fine of playing someone over the permitted max if it helps make the side stronger?

Say someone like Stokes. If we have reached the maximum number of changes but still haven't included Stokes I think it would be worth the fine.

Would give us a better chance of going through.

D

Deleted member 4439

Confirmed 7th Feb. Live on sky

We play Swindon at home on the Saturday and then supposedly Wycombe at home on the Monday.

The Ricoh pitch is going to have to deal with with three games in three days. It's going to be in a right old state. :(

Tuesday, not Monday.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The combination of it being on Sky, the thumping today, the protests today, and how short time it is before the game will probably have knocked off up to 10k fans turning up.

Otis

The combination of it being on Sky, the thumping today, the protests today, and how short time it is before the game will probably have knocked off up to 10k fans turning up.
Will put a few off initially, but as it draws nearer there may well be more interest.

Would help if we beat Millwall too next Saturday.

wingy

Wasps netball??

D

Deleted member 4439

But you are picking up my post from when it was suggested it was going to be on the 27th which was indeed a Monday.

Thought the clue 'Swindon' might have given it away.

ah, apols.

Users who are viewing this thread