Wycombe cancel 7 Feb league game - SF date? (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Sky wouldn't be able to show it live in w/c 20 Feb as it's a Champions League week and clashes are not allowed.

Are you saying that they couldn't be aired at the same time, in fear of more people wanting to watch our Chekatrade Trophy match other than wanting to watch Leicester getting thumped in the Champions league?

EalingSB

Apologies - it looks like it is only PL, Championship and League Cup.

FA punished by UEFA for playing domestic fixtures on same night as European games

UEFA guidelines state that Premier League, FA Cup and Capital One Cup matches must not clash with fixtures in the Champions League and Europa League.

But the FA failed to comply with the rule on a number of occasions in recent seasons due to fixture congestion.

Consequently, the FA have agreed to pay £42,000 to UEFA, who have withheld £1.1m in solidarity payments that has been distributed to other European countries.

theferret

Just wouldn't work, iirc the gillingham game didn't sell out because tickets couldn't be made available in time or have I made that up?

That's true. Some seats were left unsold because of segregation. But if you remember, the game was declared sold out a day or two before the game, but on the night itself there were areas of empty seats, and we learned afterwards that they just couldn't handle the demand. That was a bit different though, because many people were buying season tickets at that point which slowed things up - but on the other hand, we still did have a ticket office manned by more than one person. One week selling from one window at the Butts could be an issue - even allowing for the print at home option. It would definitely be tight given that the backroom team consists of about 2 people. Perhaps TM would draft in extra help. That would certainly be required if we made the final.

Specs WT-R75

Key Dates

February:
w/c 20th Checkatrade Trophy Semi-Finals

This is also half-term week in Coventry (but not Wycombe) - so if the club arrange this during any other week than the advertised one then they are just plain batshit crazy and don't like money...

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Can someone (with twitter) tweet the club and ask what the fuck is going on (not in those words)?

If it really is going to be the week after next they need to be working over time starting yesterday.

Great_Expectations

Selfishly I really hope it is this date, I am out of the country the w/c 20th.

The first game this season I actually want to see and it might be the first home one I miss!

better days

Can someone (with twitter) tweet the club and ask what the fuck is going on (not in those words)?

If it really is going to be the week after next they need to be working over time starting yesterday.

Someone just did it and the club said it's still tbc.
This looks increasingly like a balls up by Wycombe

Otis

Maybe they got confused with the Yeovil Luton game, which IS on the 7th.

That's obviously the previous round.

Be a dumb mistake to make though.

Be daft to have it on the 7th. Would be pretty ridiculous if the Luton Yeovil game on the same night as ours was postponed again for some reason.

We could be in the final whilst there's still 4 potential finalists out thereto play against.

I can just see the posters right now.

Checkatrade EFL Trophy Final

Wembley Stadium

Sunday 2nd April

4.30pm

Coventry City v Bradford or Oxford or Luton or Yeovil

skybluesam66

Maybe they got confused with the Yeovil Luton game, which IS on the 7th.

That's obviously the previous round.

still 4 potential finalists out thereto play against.

I can just see the posters right now.

Checkatrade EFL Trophy Final

Wembley Stadium

Sunday 2nd April

4.30pm

Coventry City v Bradford or Oxford or Luton or Yeovil

but more likely
Wycombe v Bradford or Oxford or Luton or Yeovil

Specs WT-R75

Very interesting point.

That would make sense, but at the moment this is all very confusing. I mean if it was the week of 20th, surely they could have just confirmed it by now? How long does it take to pick a fixture date?

Exactly - neither of us have a game during that week... additionally on twitter the club said the date will be confirmed in the next couple of days, which also seems to indicate that the game is going ahead earlier otherwise they could announce it now. Really annoying as I was gonna bring my tribe of kids (4) to the game during half term, but now looks like I will just have to fly in on my lonesome.

Unless Wycombe can somehow hold out 0-0 against Spurs at the weekend...

Otis

Exactly - neither of us have a game during that week... additionally on twitter the club said the date will be confirmed in the next couple of days, which also seems to indicate that the game is going ahead earlier otherwise they could announce it now. Really annoying as I was gonna bring my tribe of kids (4) to the game during half term, but now looks like I will just have to fly in on my lonesome.

Unless Wycombe can somehow hold out 0-0 against Spurs at the weekend...
Why does having the date confirmed within the next couple of days point towards an earlier date? Stuff like this is usually confirmed pretty quickly anyway isn't it?

The opposite could be suggested. If it is the 7th like Wycombe say then surely we could just confirm that now.

Why haven't we just confirmed what Wycombe have already said?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Why does having the date confirmed within the next couple of days point towards an earlier date? Stuff like this is usually confirmed pretty quickly anyway isn't it?

The opposite could be suggested. If it is the 7th like Wycombe say then surely we could just confirm that now.

Why haven't we just confirmed what Wycombe have already said?

There's an argument for both I would say. The answer at the moment is fuck knows though. Let's wait and see what happens!

lifeskyblue

Just shows the efl and fa don't think too much of it as a competition
Dreadful that the semi is played before the other quarters esp when a week had been earmarked.

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Just shows the efl and fa don't think too much of it as a competition
Dreadful that the semi is played before the other quarters esp when a week had been earmarked.

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which is another reason to leave it as it was.

Could be that the final place for us or Wycombe will be decided before the quarterfinals are even completed.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Which is another reason to leave it as it was.

Could be that the final place for us or Wycombe will be decided before the quarterfinals are even completed.

Hopefully by that point we'll have secured our place in the final and the other teams will be shitting themselves so much at the prospect of playing us that they will withdraw from the competition.

Bugsy

So I could be finding out my first unborn baby gender and if city is going to Wembley all on the same day.... what a day that will be...PUSB

P.s. hopefully a boy and city just to make my predictions...PUSB

Otis

So, as it stands (if this 7th date is true)

Oxford v Bradford - 31st January QF

Luton v Yeovil - 7th February QF

CITY v Wycombe - 7th February SF

Guess therefore then that w/c 20th February will be the other semi-final.

Wheelfass

Copy and pasted from the Colchester site.....

Chairboys game to be moved.
Colchester United's home game against Wycombe has been postponed for a second time.
The match was most recently due to be played on the 7th of February, but has been postponed due to the Chairboys' potential semi-final tie against Coventry in the Checkatrade Trophy - or an Emirates FA Cup replay against Tottenham.

What does it mean "The Chirboys' "potential" semi-final tie against Coventry?
Could it be they're so hyped up over playing Spurs that they've messed up here"? Playing us w/c 20th doesn't impact on their fixture list does it?

Otis

Copy and pasted from the Colchester site.....

Chairboys game to be moved.
Colchester United's home game against Wycombe has been postponed for a second time.
The match was most recently due to be played on the 7th of February, but has been postponed due to the Chairboys' potential semi-final tie against Coventry in the Checkatrade Trophy - or an Emirates FA Cup replay against Tottenham.

What does it mean "The Chirboys' "potential" semi-final tie against Coventry?
Could it be they're so hyped up over playing Spurs that they've messed up here"? Playing us w/c 20th doesn't impact on their fixture list does it?
'Potential' because a Spurs replay would take precedent over our fixture.

Warwickhunt

we just have to be aggressive in the tackles and they will backoff in case they get injured for the FA cup game. come on Sladey do some gamesmanship on this one

chiefdave

What a shambles. I'd like to know what the reason for moving it from the wb 20th is because I can't think of one. Won't be TV as FA Cup replays will be on.

And for a club that has problems when more than a handful of people turn up giving yourselves a week to sell tickets is asking for trouble.

Otis

we just have to be aggressive in the tackles and they will backoff in case they get injured for the FA cup game. come on Sladey do some gamesmanship on this one
Err, their FA Cup game is tomorrow.

We need Spurs and Wycombe to not back off in their tackles.

Users who are viewing this thread