Wycombe cancel 7 Feb league game - SF date? (1 Viewer)

EalingSB

Evening. Was looking for the SF date. Sky Sports suggested w/c 20 February but a piece on the Wycombe website says it will be played w/c 6 February, but could be moved if they require a replay against Spurs. They have cancelled their game at Colchester, scheduled for Tuesday 7th February, regardless.

Otis

7th doesn't sound right. That's the same time a quarter final is being played.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Otis

Nothing at all on the EFL official site and nowt on CCFC offal either.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

Just checked and both Wycombe and Colchester have confirmed their game on the 7th has been postponed due to our fixture being played on that date or a possible replay against Spurs. I guess our game won't be confirmed until after Saturday.

Otis

But surely if they can announce that it is provisional, we can announce it provisionally too can't we?

We shouldn't be finding out stuff like this from opposition's sites.

CJ_covblaze

But surely if they can announce that it is provisional, we can announce it provisionally too can't we?

Especially when it's a home game!

better days

Can't see this being right. Have never known the League to bring pre-planned dates so far forward
See link for schedule below
Key Dates

skybluesam66

Wanderers will travel to the Ricoh Arena to face Coventry City in the semi-final of the Checkatrade Trophy.
Gareth Ainsworth's men met the League 1 side in the group stage of the competition back in November and the two clubs will meet again in the final four, just one win from Wembley.

The tie will be played in the week commencing Monday 6th February, but could be moved if Wycombe require a replay against Tottenham Hotspur in the Emirates FA Cup fourth round.

Read more at Trophy semi-final draws pairs Chairboys with Coventry

wingy

Can only assume the club has agreed to this.
Can't think why as most kids will still have school, maybe televised but it better be a decent fee to compensate for a reduced gate.
If it's not televised I can't think why we should comply.

Otis

Can only assume the club has agreed to this.
Can't think why as most kids will still have school, maybe televised but it better be a decent fee to compensate for a reduced gate.
If it's not televised I can't think why we should comply.
Yep. The original w/c 20th is half term. Ideal for kids to stay up a bit later.

Otis

That's going to be a struggle ticketing wise if it's that soon
Yep, a week on Tuesday.

You have to remember some supporters have their tickets mailed. That's caused problems before.

You have to allow ST holders to get their tickets first, so maybe Tuesday, Wednesday, then Thursday for everyone else.

They would then have to send the tickets out Friday.

ccfchoi87

Yep, a week on Tuesday.

You have to remember some supporters have their tickets mailed. That's caused problems before.

You have to allow ST holders to get their tickets first, so maybe Tuesday, Wednesday, then Thursday for everyone else.

They would then have to send the tickets out Friday.

Just wouldn't work, iirc the gillingham game didn't sell out because tickets couldn't be made available in time or have I made that up?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Wait, when is this game going to be? Are they actually changing the planned week for the fixture, or have the Wycombe lot done a CET and fucked it up?

better days

They may have made a mistake on their website. It's a possibility. Don't panic yet chaps
This is the most likely explanation
It would be lunacy for Wycombe to schedule the Checkatrade game for that week when there is a possibility of a reply with Spurs

Otis

This is the most likely explanation
It would be lunacy for Wycombe to schedule the Checkatrade game for that week when there is a possibility of a reply with Spurs
We are at home though. Isn't it down to us to provisionally schedule whilst keeping Wycombe in the loop?

better days

We are at home though. Isn't it down to us to provisionally schedule whilst keeping Wycombe in the loop?
Yep. And we haven't mentioned anything other than the game will be played w/c 20th Feb. As are Sky even this evening

D

Deleted member 4439

Thought it was to do with Stadium safety limit?

Yes, that's what I recall - they insisted on using something like 2K seats for segregation, plus Crewe couldn't fill the away blocks.

skybluesam66

also on colchester site

Chairboys game to be moved.

Colchester United's home game against Wycombe has been postponed for a second time.

The match was most recently due to be played on the 7th of February, but has been postponed due to the Chairboys' potential semi-final tie against Coventry in the Checkatrade Trophy - or an Emirates FA Cup replay against Tottenham.

No new date has yet been confirmed for this game - tickets will go back on sale online once a rearrangement has been agreed.

Read more at Colchester United's home game against Wycombe has been postponed for a second time

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
My Wycombe supporting mate has confirmed it's w/c 7th unless they draw at Spurs. Guess ticket details will be announced after their game on Sat then!

MatthewWallis

Why would they schedule it for that week, when both teams don't have any midweek games w/c 20th?

chiefdave

Ha Maybe they think they might actually beat Spurs.
Even if that did somehow happen the next round would be the weekend before the Paint Pot semi. Doesn't make sense. Why would you set a date for the competition and then move it forward so much making it hard to get ticketing done in time likely leading to a lower attendance.

Grendel

I doubt it I assume it's down to the TV and the administrators of the competition. The admission price has to be unilaterally agreed as well.

Otis

I doubt it I assume it's down to the TV and the administrators of the competition. The admission price has to be unilaterally agreed as well.
We'll get that, but looked at the fixtures for w/c 20th and there are no games really for Sky to televise on the Tuesday or Wednesday.

There are Champions League games, but BT has them. There's just Championship games on the Tuesday, with the biggest being 6th placed Sheff Weds v lower midtable Brentford.

No games on the Wednesday.

Don't see why Sky would want to, or need to move our game.

Last edited:

Otis

Sky wouldn't be able to show it live in w/c 20 Feb as it's a Champions League week and clashes are not allowed.
What? Errmm...... I mean ...... what???

Clashes are not allowed between the Checkatrade Trophy and the Champions League?

Sky don't even have the Champions League. It is BT that have it.

Users who are viewing this thread