Would you have bright back? (1 Viewer)

Would you have Bright Back?

• Get him in now - roll out the red carpet!

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Pay as you play/short term contract

Votes: 71 40.8%
  • Not in a month of Sundays

Votes: 89 51.1%

• Total voters

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I absolutely loved Bright. Agree with most of what has been said, on his day he was as exciting as anyone we’ve had in a long time, that day wasn’t frequent enough. Peterborough away, Pompey away and Sunderland away stand out. A joy to watch. But he was also a liability at times and the stories coming out in the podcasts about him at training don’t set a good example.
If we were signing “Bright on his day” it would be a no brainier, he’s better than anyone we have in that role. But you don’t just get Bright on his day. You get a package that comes with a whole load of negatives. Robins clearly hasn’t gone back in for him and there’s a reason for that. I trust Robins’ judgement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

Are people serious? Id take him in a heartbeat, I like both Allen and O'Hare as their workrate is outstanding but you wont see either brushing past a couple of players and sticking it bottom corner, Bright for his faults attitude wise is miles ahead of both on technical ability, O'Hare has 6 goals 7 assists in 55 games, Allen has 1 in 22 both in a much better side. Bright had 6 goals 4 assists in 18 and had Chaplin, Baka and Hiwula up there with him.

He has 1 goal and 1 assist in 43 Championship games playing with players such as Jota and Neves who had no right to be in that league

Mucca Mad Boys

Are people serious? Id take him in a heartbeat, I like both Allen and O'Hare as their workrate is outstanding but you wont see either brushing past a couple of players and sticking it bottom corner, Bright for his faults attitude wise is miles ahead of both on technical ability, O'Hare has 6 goals 7 assists in 55 games, Allen has 1 in 22 both in a much better side. Bright had 6 goals 4 assists in 18 and had Chaplin, Baka and Hiwula up there with him.

You probably wouldn’t see Bright do that in the Championship. Hence, 2 appearances for Wigan last time around and he’s now on trial at P’boro and not on trial at a Championship club.

Frostie

You probably wouldn't see Bright at all if he didn't fancy it, that's the point.

Gibbo

Great player, but disrupted the team formation so that collectively we were not improved. That applies even more now

Liquid Gold

Bright is like a housemates that occasionally has amazing pingers that he gives everyone for free and you have a great night but the rest of the time doesn't do his washing up, leaves his shit everywhere and uses your toothbrush to clean his toes.

Great for a few moments but not worth the hassle overall.

junglej13

Interesting reporting from the Peterborough end. Says Barry Fry confirmed he had spent time on trial. Played an u23s game last week but didn't feature in a similar game today. Reading between the lines it sounds like he may no longer be there.

clint van damme

Interesting reporting from the Peterborough end. Says Barry Fry confirmed he had spent time on trial. Played an u23s game last week but didn't feature in a similar game today. Reading between the lines it sounds like he may no longer be there.

Probably didn't turn up.
Anyone wanting him back needs to give their head a wobble.
Why would you bring back a known troublemaker with bad attitude into, what appears to be, a tight knit squad with good camaraderie?

clint van damme

Bright is like a housemates that occasionally has amazing pingers that he gives everyone for free and you have a great night but the rest of the time doesn't do his washing up, leaves his shit everywhere and uses your toothbrush to clean his toes.

Great for a few moments but not worth the hassle overall.

Showing my age here but what's a pinger?

87 n all that

Probably didn't turn up.
Anyone wanting him back needs to give their head a wobble.
Why would you bring back a known troublemaker with bad attitude into, what appears to be, a tight knit squad with good camaraderie?
We need someone in that role but it would be a massive risk based on some of the info on this thread. Does anyone know exactly why his contract got torn up at AEK?

SlowerThanPlatt

We need someone in that role but it would be a massive risk based on some of the info on this thread. Does anyone know exactly why his contract got torn up at AEK?
According to Greek newspaper To Vima, a ‘serious of disciplinary offences’ led to this surprising outcome. It very much seems like his attitude and behaviour has caused AEK manager Massimo Carrera to severe ties after just 14 minutes of action.”

Liquid Gold

Showing my age here but what's a pinger?

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread