Worst run football clubs article (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Put it this way - Would rather be in Blackpool's position or ours?

Ours every time.

Equally, I wouldn't want to be in either position.

skybluetony176

An owner whose puppet son calls fans retards and special needs cases, who forced an out of court settlement from a fan by constant threats from his legal team and is promising more action of fans speak out. Are you sure?

The farce of the club having to borrow a shirt off a fan as they were not allowed another goalkeeper shirt by the owners? Are you sure?

The owner having served time for raping a sixteen year old? You think that is trivial compared to Sisus actions? I'm speechless.

We just have owners who treat us like retards by telling us things like "an exciting new announcement coming in the new year on the new stadium", I'm assuming that the exciting news wasn't they've finally found a phone number for RBC? And there are countless more besides that one. Remind me, didn't our owners send our the trust a lawyers letter telling them that if they didn't take a link down of their website to a David Conn article saying that if they took action against David Conn they would also have to take it against the trust for posting a link? There's that treating us like retards thing again. Unless you can tell me the specific law that means that they would have to take action against the trust if they took action against David Conn. They wouldn't have to unless they chose to, would they?

The shirt thing is very embarrassing, I'll give you that.

What the owners criminal record has to do with how the clubs run is beyond me.

By the way I wasn't suggesting rape is trivial to SISU's actions. I just don't think it's Blackpool's company policy, same as it isn't SISU's.

Last edited:

Grendel

Serious question for Grendal. Forgetting Blackpool, where would you put us on that list?

Well the funny thing about the list is that it slates clubs that are financially prudent. As of today I would put us higher than when Mcginnity was chairman.

Grendel

skybluetony176

So why wouldn't you be surprised as they have, unlike prior owners, never taken a penny from the club.

There's never been a penny to take out. Would you really be surprised that in the event that there was money to take out they took it out? I wouldn't.

Hobo

One thing I am happy about..since our return we are opporating within a budget that is defined by our means.

It will make it tough to get out of this division, but there are signs at long last that things are perhaps being turned around.

I still don't like them, I still don't trust them, but there are a few positives.

Grendel

They have taken management fees so not entirely correct.

They have never taken any management fees - they have been accrued - so entirely correct

stupot07

Doesn't this come up every year when the accounts are released and every year osb and godiva say its not true?

Yes, and IIRC management fees is the flow of money between the inter connected companies - Otium to SBSL to CCFC Ltd and vice versa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

Well the funny thing about the list is that it slates clubs that are financially prudent. As of today

Yep, you're a well run club as long as your splashing cash, loading the club with debt as long as you're making expensive signings you can't afford. Villas a prime example, Lerner splashed a lot of cash on Downing, Milner, Young, etc and achieved little, over the last 2-3 years he's tightened the budget and now they are deemed to be poorly run club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
No evidence in the published accounts of any of the companies that management fees have been paid to SISU or even accrued

What is taken or accrued is the interest on the debt owed to ARVO.

If SISU gain from anything it would be, I would think, a slice of any positive gain in value or any interest paid/accrued (assuming SISU act as agents for ARVO)

As connected parties you would expect details of any management charges etc to be disclosed in the notes to the accounts

Have always advocated that football clubs should live within their means. The accruing of massive debt just leads to problems and doesn't guarantee success. What has to be managed is the expectation of the supporters. Trouble is there are always loop holes and whilst the FL league regulations are a matter of "board discretion" it isn't a level playing field

Last edited:

Joy Division

Gathering this all together I get the general feeling is that SISU are good owners of the club.

lifeskyblue

If 'best' means taking the club to its lowest position in the league for around 50years, taking the club 30 odd miles down the road, promising a new ground and failing to deliver (even on plans etc), spending more on legal representation than on the football side of the business then I'm with you and would say yes we have the best owners in the whole football league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashdown

SISU and their employees that have run the club have all taken salaries and expenses out of the club from day one. They would also make a yearly charge on the investors that they persuaded to put money into CCFC for managing this investment.
The real loser when the losses are realised will likely be those original investors who trusted them with a pot of dosh that currently has been turned into nothing but a pile of debt that is unlikely to be paid back.

hopesprings

An owner whose puppet son calls fans retards and special needs cases, who forced an out of court settlement from a fan by constant threats from his legal team and is promising more action of fans speak out. Are you sure?

The farce of the club having to borrow a shirt off a fan as they were not allowed another goalkeeper shirt by the owners? Are you sure?

The owner having served time for raping a sixteen year old? You think that is trivial compared to Sisus actions? I'm speechless.

Shame you are not "postless"

ajsccfc

Blackpool have enjoyed more recent highs than us and haven't had a season sharing Fleetwood's ground, but in almost every other way they've had it worse. I wouldn't trade places with a Blackpool fan at the moment for anything.

kg82

Blackpool have enjoyed more recent highs than us and haven't had a season sharing Fleetwood's ground, but in almost every other way they've had it worse. I wouldn't trade places with a Blackpool fan at the moment for anything.

That should actually be a measurement on it! Although, I wouldn't want to trade places with any Scottish team!

skyblue025

Blackpool might be in shit state but the fans have managed to scrape 16 million together to try and buy the owner out. Could you ever see Coventry fans doing that and what would SISU deem a reasonable price???

Grendel

Blackpool might be in shit state but the fans have managed to scrape 16 million together to try and buy the owner out. Could you ever see Coventry fans doing that and what would SISU deem a reasonable price???

Given that the messiah in some people's eyes offered a pound very little chance I would have thought.

Grendel

NorthernWisdom

Blackpool are proof that sometimes you get a lucky season, but if the foundations of a club aren't good, it ain't going to last.

Grendel

Grendel I have made you a bet in the Wigan (H) thread. I know you've probably seen and ignored it but please tell me whether you're taking it up or not please.

I haven't seen it

Terry Gibson's perm

No I couldn't imagine us doing that but I am sure we could raise the £5 that it is worth, but I am not for complete fan ownership (we can't agree on here imagine if we had our cash invested in something) we need a wealthy person (like a Hoffman type but not necessarily him) and part fan ownership. Sisu will no doubt have some ridiculous price in their heads

Users who are viewing this thread