Worst run football clubs article (1 Viewer)

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

cardiff and QPR oh how bad it must be to have owners who brought you the championship for a season in the prem ¬_¬ id settle for a JPT win at city

SlowerThanPlatt

I like the way explaining why Bolton are high on that list 'they haven't finished in the top 10 for 10 ten years'

Bloody hell. You'll have the shock of your life looking at our stats.

Hobo

We can't even win that league! A lazy article.

I would not say Villa are one of the worst run clubs, but they have sort of become the new Coventry of the Premier League for lack of investment and achieving mediocracy year in year out.

Seamus1

We can't even win that league! A lazy article.

I would not say Villa are one of the worst run clubs, but they have sort of become the new Coventry of the Premier League for lack of investment and achieving mediocracy year in year out.

Another league where we can't get in to the top 6

Houdi

Typical even in this, we can only reach mid table mediocrity. What do we have to do to get a top 6 place.:eek:

Manchester_sky_blue

Wasn't that long ago that Randy Lerner was being held up as the shining example of "the right way" for a foreign owner to run a club. They have underachieved lately but i certainly wouldn't lump them in the same boat as us or Blackpool.

Newcastle are a funny one, they aren't badly run as such, its just that the owner is a bell end and that's not the same thing.

torchomatic

I agree with one of the comments. Not sure Newcastle can be classed as badly run. The fans just think they have a right to be a big team, they're not.

Couldn't agree more with number one and Blackpool.

Monners

Quite happy with 9th. Something to build on for next season - top 6 should be the ambition here

Last edited:

Bill Glazier

It's not just the quality of the fuck-ups that should count, what about the duration? We've suffered for 20 years. I demand a recount.

M&B Stand

Wasn't that long ago that Randy Lerner was being held up as the shining example of "the right way" for a foreign owner to run a club. They have underachieved lately but i certainly wouldn't lump them in the same boat as us or Blackpool.

Newcastle are a funny one, they aren't badly run as such, its just that the owner is a bell end and that's not the same thing.

Villa aren't that badly run. They don't lose money, got to the cup final and stayed in the prem, other than fighting it out for midtable positions with Swansea and Stoke, that's about as good as it's gonna get for them.

Read somewhere that Lerner spent 4 million renovating the Holte Pub. It's now only open on matchdays due to lack of customers. Reminded me of the Mercers arms. Classic old football boozers.

pusbccfc

I personally think we are the worse run in football. Whatever has happened to Blackpool, nothing compares to moving a club 40 miles away, with the view that they are willing to move us out of our city all together.

Greggs

Newcastle fans are the most deluded in the county.

chiefdave

They don't lose money, got to the cup final and stayed in the prem

The problem with modern football pretty much summed up there. If you're not prepared to lose millions and risk going out of business if your gamble doesn't come off you're running a club badly.

torchomatic

And if you pump in millions and "plod" along then you're running a club badly.

The problem with modern football pretty much summed up there. If you're not prepared to lose millions and risk going out of business if your gamble doesn't come off you're running a club badly.

kg82

I personally think we are the worse run in football. Whatever has happened to Blackpool, nothing compares to moving a club 40 miles away, with the view that they are willing to move us out of our city all together.

Rangers went out of business and dropped 4 divisions. I get what you're saying, but that is unbelievable. It's the equivalent of say Liverpool being in League 2 next season.

Manchester_sky_blue

Rangers went out of business and dropped 4 divisions. I get what you're saying, but that is unbelievable. It's the equivalent of say Liverpool being in League 2 next season.

Pompey are another example. Ok they are recovering a bit now under fan ownership but it was disastrous management that led to their downfall. Leaving dodgy Harry to his own devices for one thing.

kg82

Pompey are another example. Ok they are recovering a bit now under fan ownership but it was disastrous management that led to their downfall. Leaving dodgy Harry to his own devices for one thing.

Great example. Must be owners in charge now. But Pompey's still very fresh in the memory. I mean, if you look lower at the likes of Hereford and Stockport and where they are now to where they've been.

mark82

The only ones on that list I would accept as worse than ours are Rangers and Leeds. Blackpool are starting to push us close but they are a couple of years behind in the crazy stakes.

The one redeeming feature of our owners is they are at least attempting to make us profitable, they are just going about it in entirely the wrong way.

Ashdown

Some of those clubs owners are still ploughing big bucks in..........our owners long ago stopped doing that and now have a SWPIAP { SISU won't put in another penny } stance whilst they continue to frig about in the law courts.

lifeskyblue

I just cannot believe we are not in top 3. If 8 clubs are run worse than us then God help their fans. What other club has been moved so far for a season, has been in court in dispute with a local authority and been starved not only of success not only of ambition but of its identity and dignity. Stand up sisu; stand up Coventry City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

We're not the first club to ever play outside the boundary they represent are we?

chiefdave

I can see Rangers being above us, their fall has been spectacular. Although given the state of the Scottish game its not going to take them too long to get back up to the top level.

Pompey was a big drop as well but they had FA Cup wins and European matches against the likes of AC Milan as a result of their mismanagement which I would say puts them below us. Same with Leeds, they have had a big drop but have had some success before the drop.

We've had no success in nearly 30 years and a constant downward spiral. There's not a lot worse than that.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I can see Rangers being above us, their fall has been spectacular. Although given the state of the Scottish game its not going to take them too long to get back up to the top level.

Pompey was a big drop as well but they had FA Cup wins and European matches against the likes of AC Milan as a result of their mismanagement which I would say puts them below us. Same with Leeds, they have had a big drop but have had some success before the drop.

We've had no success in nearly 30 years and a constant downward spiral. There's not a lot worse than that.

Staying in the premier league until 2001 and for 34 consecutive seasons wasn't a success?

pusbccfc

Very true.

Blackpool on the other hand, without being harsh, are falling to a level where they have been throughout history, whereas a club like us who have spent many years in the top flight are below our natural level.

chiefdave

Staying in the premier league until 2001 and for 34 consecutive seasons wasn't a success?

Could certainly be viewed that way but we've only headed in one direction since.

Its kind of like a run of 9 draws. Win game 10 and you're unbeaten in 10, lose and you haven't won in 10.

lifeskyblue

Yes staying in top flight was a success but even then we flirted with relegation for many years. A city the size of Coventry should have a team in one of the top two divisions, should have support double what we currently get and should have a trophy cabinet with more than one FA cup in It

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

Could certainly be viewed that way but we've only headed in one direction since.

Its kind of like a run of 9 draws. Win game 10 and you're unbeaten in 10, lose and you haven't won in 10.

I get your downward spiral comment but I just find it incredibly insulting when people complain about lack of success during our top flight era. Makes you wonder is there any point getting back up there, we'd only be in relegation battles with the odd year where we are 10th, is there any point if apparently it was so shit before?

Monners

Very true.

Blackpool on the other hand, without being harsh, are falling to a level where they have been throughout history, whereas a club like us who have spent many years in the top flight are below our natural level.

Blackpool used to be one of the biggest clubs in the country. England intertationals, FA Cup winners

Users who are viewing this thread