Worst run football clubs article (2 Viewers)

chiefdave

Makes you wonder is there any point getting back up there, we'd only be in relegation battles with the odd year where we are 10th, is there any point if apparently it was so shit before?

Don't think we need to worry about that right now!

Have had the same thought to be honest. The PL is supposed to be the promised land but what's the point of being there to make up the numbers and get a hat full put past you by the likes of Man City and Chelsea?

Hopefully one day something will be done to level the playing field and make both the PL and FL more competitive.

skybluetony176

I guess they're using fans reactions as the measuring stick in this article rather than what has actually happened. I would say us, Leeds, Glasgow Rangers and Portsmouth (present owners excluded) have been the worst run over recent times. Blackpool are catching up though for sure, wouldn't be at all surprised if they went down again by the end of the season.

Sick Boy

Staying in the premier league until 2001 and for 34 consecutive seasons wasn't a success?

Exactly. A lot of our fans need a reality check, they still consider us a big club. I would put us on par with Bradford, we got relegated the same year as them.

pusbccfc

Runners up in the top flight, FA Cup winners, seasons in the top flight before we even got close, with an England International forward line.

Not fair on Blackpool really.

Really? Last 40 years bar the one in the Premier League, they have spent their time in the 3rd and 4th tier with crowds below 5000 for many of them!

Grendel

Anyone who suggests blackpool are not the worst run club in England is ignorant of the facts.

pusbccfc

Exactly. A lot of our fans need a reality check, they still consider us a big club. I would put us on par with Bradford, we got relegated the same year as them.

Really? Bradford spent 2 years at the top level before getting relegated with us. They may have huge crowds now, but thats because their owners have been clever and built the fan base up with cheap tickets for the last 7/8 years.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Its ironic how people will moan about how we've hardly had no success in the last 40 years (no top 6 finish in 40 years is the line normally trotted out) and then the same people will probably tell you we are a big club based on our success (FA Cup win and 34 years in the top flight)

pusbccfc

Anyone who suggests blackpool are not the worst run club in England is ignorant of the facts.

They probably are, but at least they were lucky enough to have a year in the Premier League in recent times.

I hope their supporters continue with their superb efforts in protest, looks like they are planning pitch invasions at most games.

Grendel

Really? Bradford spent 2 years at the top level before getting relegated with us. They may have huge crowds now, but thats because their owners have been clever and built the fan base up with cheap tickets for the last 7/8 years.

It seems history only applies to a certain length in time. Blackpool over the history of football are a much bigger club than Coventry City. Anyone getting into football now will see CCfc as a run of the mill league one club.

skybluetony176

They had their statue moved around the corner from their ground whereas we had our ground moved 35miles away from our statue. You seem to be ignorant of a few facts yourself.

pusbccfc

It seems history only applies to a certain length in time. Blackpool over the history of football are a much bigger club than Coventry City. Anyone getting into football now will see CCfc as a run of the mill league one club.

I disagree, I still see us being bigger over history. They have had tens of years of crowds below 10,000. From 1980 to 2010 they average below 10,000, with many of them being around 5000.

Bar last season, we haven't average below 10,000 since 1929!

SkyBlue_Bear83

They had their statue moved around the corner from their ground whereas we had our ground moved 35miles away from our statue. You seem to be ignorant of a few facts yourself.

Has our owner or chairman texted a fan calling him a retard? Telling that fan it is his goal to take us in to the conference. Have they sued a fan for £20,000? Has our owner ever been convicted of rape?

pusbccfc

We aren't the worst run football club, for last season maybe, there are teams in that list with debts exceeding £200 million

Is a quote from a Blackpool fan. We have had many, many years poorly run, well before SISU too.

Grendel

An owner whose puppet son calls fans retards and special needs cases, who forced an out of court settlement from a fan by constant threats from his legal team and is promising more action of fans speak out. Are you sure?

The farce of the club having to borrow a shirt off a fan as they were not allowed another goalkeeper shirt by the owners? Are you sure?

The owner having served time for raping a sixteen year old? You think that is trivial compared to Sisus actions? I'm speechless.

pusbccfc

Has our owner or chairman texted a fan calling him a retard? Telling that fan it is his goal to take us in to the conference. Have they sued a fan for £20,000? Has our owner ever been convicted of rape?

Being convicted of rape doesn't effect the ownership of a club, however bad it is. Blackpool have had a terrible year, but we have had many terrible years.

The difference I see between us and other clubs in trouble is how long SISU will be here. A lot of clubs have terrible periods, but come out of it with new ownership, will that happen to us in the near future? Probably not.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Is a quote from a Blackpool fan. We have had many, many years poorly run, well before SISU too.

Well it depends what people mean by poorly run, if we're just talking about pure hatred towards the owners then SISU and Oyston take the joint crown. But if you just look purely at the financial number teams like Bolton, Blackburrn and QPR are far worse than us.

Grendel

If Joy Seppella had taking £11 million out of ccfc (if they had it) and stuffed it in her personal pension fund what would you say?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Being convicted of rape doesn't effect the ownership of a club, however bad it is. Blackpool have had a terrible year, but we have had many terrible years.

The difference I see between us and other clubs in trouble is how long SISU will be here. A lot of clubs have terrible periods, but come out of it with new ownership, will that happen to us in the near future? Probably not.

Well its not a good image for the club to have, we've seen how difficult Ched Evans has found it. Can't see many being happy if say Ched Evans became the new owner of a football league club.

pusbccfc

If Joy Seppella had taking £11 million out of ccfc (if they had it) and stuffed it in her personal pension fund what would you say?

SISU failed to buy a stadium built for us. Without that ground our long term future has been seriously damaged.

The actions of the Oyston family to the Blackpool supporters is terrible, things like the suing of a supporter and so on, but I see a way out of it for Blackpool, I don't see that with us.

pusbccfc

Well its not a good image for the club to have, we've seen how difficult Ched Evans has found it. Can't see many being happy if say Ched Evans became the new owner of a football league club.

Oh I agree, I think Mr Oyston is an absolute tosser and as a person he is by a mile a worse person than Seppala and co.

Grendel

SISU failed to buy a stadium built for us. Without that ground our long term future has been seriously damaged.

The actions of the Oyston family to the Blackpool supporters is terrible, things like the suing of a supporter and so on, but I see a way out of it for Blackpool, I don't see that with us.

The stadium has never been available to us. Please.

Grendel

Being convicted of rape doesn't effect the ownership of a club, however bad it is.

So if a serial rapist owned the club as long as we were successful that would be ok. Brilliant.

SkyBlue_Bear83

They fucked up, but lets not underestimate the size of the task they took on when they took us over. It wasn't exactly the easiest scenario to inherit when previous regimes sold our stadium, built up debt and signed us up to a long term deal at the Ricoh that was crippling the club. They've been trying to rectify the mistakes of the previous boards since they have arrived and basically through there toys out of the pram when the council said no and refused to help.

pusbccfc

The stadium has never been available to us. Please.

It isn't worth debating, because we would be here all day, but SISU are to blame for us not having the Ricoh.

It is a shame we are having to argue about who has the worst owners, it really is. Modern day football:mad:.

pusbccfc

So if a serial rapist owned the club as long as we were successful that would be ok. Brilliant.

Completely twisting my words. When I say we are the most poorly run football club, I am talking about what the owners have done to the club, not who they are.

If it was a competition for who is the worst person, Seppalla or Oyston, then he would win by a country mile!

pusbccfc

They fucked up, but lets not underestimate the size of the task they took on when they took us over. It wasn't exactly the easiest scenario to inherit when previous regimes sold our stadium, built up debt and signed us up to a long term deal at the Ricoh that was crippling the club. They've been trying to rectify the mistakes of the previous boards since they have arrived and basically through there toys out of the pram when the council said no and refused to help.

I know, but they have also done a lot wrong. Two immensely different scenarios.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It isn't worth debating, because we would be here all day, but SISU are to blame for us not having the Ricoh.

It is a shame we are having to argue about who has the worst owners, it really is. Modern day football:mad:.

They are indeed, other people who are also responsible are whatever idiots signed us up to pay over 1 million a year as well as ACL for there part in the failed negotiations.

Grendel

Bollocks. The council wanted to sell back F and B income for £24 million. The notion they'd ever have let the club own the whole of ACl is pure delusion. The council preferred the sisu bid as they did not consider outright purchase a requirement.

They have gone on record as saying they wanted two "franchises" in the stadium before selling. The council never ever would have sold the share to the club.

You are an idiot if you think otherwise.

pusbccfc

They are indeed, other people who are also responsible are whatever idiots signed us up to pay over 1 million a year as well as ACL for there part in the failed negotiations.

It is all a mess and personally I don't see an end to it all for some time.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I know, but they have also done a lot wrong. Two immensely different scenarios.

Yes they have, was just pointing out that although they fucked up the stadium spectacularly it was a difficult scenario to maneuver which they inherited. It required more finesse and a delicate touch rather than SISU's bull in a china shop approach.

pusbccfc

Bollocks. The council wanted to sell back F and B income for £24 million. The notion they'd ever have let the club own the whole of ACl is pure delusion. The council preferred the sisu bid as they did not consider outright purchase a requirement.

They have gone on record as saying they wanted two "franchises" in the stadium before selling. The council never ever would have sold the share to the club.

Regardless of whose fault it was, not owning our stadium will forever be a problem.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I suspect you are right, I don't think they had intention of selling to anyone to begin with. When SISU backed them to a corner with there tactics, it was basically then we will sell to anyone other than SISU.

Users who are viewing this thread