Worst CCFC Team - Manager (26 Viewers)

Gazolba

Based on ability to know and understand what they are saying - Strachan. I'm sure the players during his era had no idea what the tactics were supposed to be.

Colin Steins Smile

Worst managers...... Peter Reid & Terry Butcher.

Most boring manager.....Don Howe. I remember him waxing lyrically about a 0-0 draw at Highfield Road.

Best Physio....Norman Pilgrim. Top man!

WestEndAgro

Butcher close thread,

but a honourable shout out for Reid I took my junior team to a training session at Ryton to watch training and to meet the players, it was so amateurish it was embarrising.

JimmyHillsbeard

1) Boothroyd - the only manager who made me detest my own club. Appalling football, terrible pr, Marlon King and the Ryton wall.... And I suspect his comments abt ascertain councillor may have had a v v long lasting effect on the club vs council relations.
2) Thorn - never a manager. Was actually a little better than Boothroyd.
3) McAllister - apparently a great bloke, certainly a good player (though not for us). Terrible manager (and not just for us)
4) Don Mckay - was clueless in a crisis. And we had a lot of them
5) Butcher - tore apart a decent team because he didn't seem to like the fact that the captain and centre forward were better qualified than him to be the manager.

As for the others, Strachan actually oversaw a relegation team twice. We were saved the first time because Middlesbrough were docked points. That said he built a brilliant team in the one year that McAllister was injured for most of it and did seem to improve several players while he was here.

Coleman improved no-one

Phil Neal was actually a very good manager for us. 11th in the prem on that budget! Was even sacked after a 2-0 win away to Palace.

Bobby Gould was pretty shit twice but we aren't allowed to say that!

Users who are viewing this thread