Worrying Comments from Mowbray (4 Viewers)

Winny the Bish

From the Cov Tel's story on Mowbray talking about potentially going in for free agents after the window closes:

"...It’s been really difficult to find the men who want to come (here with) where we are as a club at the moment."

What changed from last season? Should this be worrying for City fans?

pastythegreat

I get the feeling that Mogga has lost interest in us/SISU and is ready to call it a day! Been thinking it for a few weeks now.
Problem is if he walks he don't get paid. If he underachievers and gets the sack however......
Just doesn't seem the same as last summer, we have the same budget, Mowbray surely still has the same contacts! What's changed? Mogga not really giving a shit is what I see!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Grendel

From the Cov Tel's story on Mowbray talking about potentially going in for free agents after the window closes:

"...It’s been really difficult to find the men who want to come (here with) where we are as a club at the moment."

What changed from last season? Should this be worrying for City fans?

I think if we still wanted Henderson, Hunt, Ramage they'd come here.

junglej13

Like to hear him say he ballsed up. He targeted Championship players who don't want to play in League 1 and accept the wages we are offering. Im sure there are loads of players who would still kill to play for this club who had been released by teams in this league or even lower.

Grendel

But then is Mowbray aiming too high or are City just a completely unattractive landing spot for players with any sense of ambition...

I'd say jones has plenty of ambition. Many of the players we have will have long careers in the game. He just means we are a league one club and the challenges that come with that.

Winny the Bish

I'd say jones has plenty of ambition. Many of the players we have will have long careers in the game. He just means we are a league one club and the challenges that come with that.
That's fair. I'm almost certainly overreacting to the accumulated depression around the club. Jones and Turnbull are still quality signings - guess I was hoping we could make similar buys rather than the unproven and unexciting West Brom lad.

Hobo

But then is Mowbray aiming too high or are City just a completely unattractive landing spot for players with any sense of ambition...

We are an unstable club so not the most attractive, we also have a limited wage budget.

Fans seem to think if you say to a player we want you they just sign. Targets are just lines of enquiry not a done deal. Targets of any worth will have other interested parties. Signing players of quality is hard.

Hobo

That's fair. I'm almost certainly overreacting to the accumulated depression around the club. Jones and Turnbull are still quality signings - guess I was hoping we could make similar buys rather than the unproven and unexciting West Brom lad.

How do you know he is unexciting? How many minutes are you going to give him? Do you know how long it took Thierry Henry to get going at Arsenal? Didn't have a goal in him at the start.

skybluedan

How do you know he is unexciting? How many minutes are you going to give him? Do you know how long it took Thierry Henry to get going at Arsenal? Didn't have a goal in him at the start.

Maybe he meant excites him mate, but your right fans do not give any players enough time

pastythegreat

Don't think he means he's an unexciting player, more an unexciting signing. Same as every single player we've signed this summer! They've all been 'bluh' boring and unexciting! I haven't been excited by a single signing this summer.
I was on holiday last week and would normally get onto the WiFi whenever possible to see what's happening at city, see if theres any news! Until I read Saturdays match report I never even knew we had signed bigirimana again. That's how dull this window has been.
Even for a skint league one club we've been awful.

fernandopartridge

We are an unstable club so not the most attractive, we also have a limited wage budget.

Fans seem to think if you say to a player we want you they just sign. Targets are just lines of enquiry not a done deal. Targets of any worth will have other interested parties. Signing players of quality is hard.
We're not looked at in the real football world in the grandiose way some of our fans look at us. For instance, a professional footballer would need to at least 30 to have been playing when we were a top flight club!

fernandopartridge

Don't think he means he's an unexciting player, more an unexciting signing. Same as every single player we've signed this summer! They've all been 'bluh' boring and unexciting! I haven't been excited by a single signing this summer.
I was on holiday last week and would normally get onto the WiFi whenever possible to see what's happening at city, see if theres any news! Until I read Saturdays match report I never even knew we had signed bigirimana again. That's how dull this window has been.

We've signed as many players as we did last summer haven't we?

pastythegreat

We've signed as many players as we did last summer haven't we?
I never said we haven't signed players! I said we haven't signed a single player to get excited about!
Marvin 'failed everywhere he's been' Sordell
Kwarme 'still never proven his worth' Thomas
And
Gael 'gone backwards at newcastle' Bigirimana!
Excuse me for not cartwheeling with joy!

(And don't ask how I know there middle names it was just a guess)

rupert_bear

In football at all levels there is a grapevine and your reputation goes before you, agents will be well aware of the situation here and if there's choice may steer their people elsewhere.

Nick

Administrator

Every team in the league has a limited wage budget...

Martin180

Agyei?

albatross

Cyrille Regis Summed up the situation in a half time interview the other week. With the current state of the club experienced players in their prime will not come, any promising players will be sold, all we will get are inexperienced kids and players towards the end of their careers.

I really feel for Mobray at the moment

Warwickhunt

If I was looking to change jobs the first thing I look for is the job satisfaction ,the money, the distance I have to travel, is the company safe with good prospects and longevity and what about my future to support my family. One out of 5 to join the city is not a good option

albatross

Don't get all this feeling for Mowbray stuff, least pressure I'd say.

Have the players ever not been paid?

All of the scare mongering and outrage is embarrassing.

I am not outraged, just accepting.

I dont see what the payment of the players has to do with anything. Its much more about how much ambition the club has and how much you are willing to pay. We are now a team of youngsters who want to make a name and journeymen.

We have signed two Kids until January, whilst they might be promising they are untried...... two kids until Jan!.....think that says it all about the ambitions from our owners. If they do well then the championship beckons, possibly in Jan, if not they will join a long list......

Nick

Administrator
What journeymen do we have out of interest?

Have we only signed 2 kids until January during the transfer window then?

It is as if people think we are still in the Premier League, see Transfer deadline day on the adverts and think we should be in the thick of it.

Who is going to pay for us to go and do a Sheffield United and go silly?

Grendel

I dont see what the payment of the players has to do with anything. Its much more about how much ambition the club has and how much you are willing to pay. We are now a team of youngsters who want to make a name and journeymen.

We have signed two Kids until January, whilst they might be promising they are untried...... two kids until Jan!.....think that says it all about the ambitions from our owners. If they do well then the championship beckons, possibly in Jan, if not they will join a long list......

What signings did the other league one clubs make yesterday out of interest?

Hobo

I agree with the payment of players bit.
But that list also has people like Kevin Drinkell, Gary Collier, Alan Brazil, Julian Joachim and Freddie Eastwood on it :)

Captain Dart

I get the feeling that Mogga has lost interest in us/SISU and is ready to call it a day! Been thinking it for a few weeks now.
Problem is if he walks he don't get paid. If he underachievers and gets the sack however......
Just doesn't seem the same as last summer, we have the same budget, Mowbray surely still has the same contacts! What's changed? Mogga not really giving a shit is what I see!

The budget?

KG7

Is it any wonder that clubs aren't queuing up to lend us their fragile young talents after the ridiculous abuse we gave to the likes of Murphy last season, who was one of our best attacking outlets. We need to look at ourselves here too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ccfcway

Is it any wonder that clubs don't trust us with their fragile young talents after the ridiculous abuse we gave to the likes of Murphy last season, who was one of our best attacking outlets. We need to look at ourselves here too.

who doesn't trust us, Murphy's parent club, Norwich ?, why did they loan us Maddison then ?. Armstrongs club, Newcastle, why did they loan us one yesterday ?

KG7

who doesn't trust us, Murphy's parent club, Norwich ?, why did they loan us Maddison then ?. Armstrongs club, Newcastle, why did they loan us one yesterday ?

...maybe...the clubs that own the players 'we should have got'

Maddison's loan was part of their deal to buy him (and let's be honest Murphy's abuse was worse in the second half of the season - even Madders received some).

albatross

What signings did the other league one clubs make yesterday out of interest?

Are you serious? It's not just about yesterday its about the whole closed season. Running a club and relying on the last day of the window in order to sign two unproven kids does not suggest TM has any room for manoeuvre. I hope the are both like AA but they tend to be the exception rather than the rule.

But i'm sure you will find a way to pin it on TM, CCC, CSF, ACL rather than our delinquent owners

Nick

Administrator
Are you serious? It's not just about yesterday its about the whole closed season. Running a club and relying on the last day of the window in order to sign two unproven kids does not suggest TM has any room for manoeuvre. I hope the are both like AA but they tend to be the exception rather than the rule.

But i'm sure you will find a way to pin it on TM, CCC, CSF, ACL rather than our delinquent owners

We didn't rely on the last day did we? What about all of the other days?

Warwickhunt

who would want to come to us to be slagged off by brain dead no marks!! the twats even bood on Saturday

Users who are viewing this thread