Worrying Comments from Mowbray (1 Viewer)

Warwickhunt

What journeymen do we have out of interest?

Have we only signed 2 kids until January during the transfer window then?

It is as if people think we are still in the Premier League, see Transfer deadline day on the adverts and think we should be in the thick of it.

Who is going to pay for us to go and do a Sheffield United and go silly?
i think people dont realise that if they signed a Marque type player on say 10k per week that would eat up 20% of our available budget

covcity4life

its pretty obvious TM targeted higher level of players this time,and now has realised not easy to get all of them in

i imagine reid,sordell,turnball etc are from the upper echelon of who he wants

and andre wright more of a gamble like he took last year.

thats life.

Hobo

i think people dont realise that if they signed a Marque type player on say 10k per week that would eat up 20% of our available budget

Exactly. We need to unearth the next talent and leave Sheffield United to invest in and over pay the likes of Leon Clarke and John Fleck.

Nick

Administrator
Exactly. We need to unearth the next talent and leave Sheffield United to invest in and over pay the likes of Leon Clarke and John Fleck.

Is it bad that Stevenson has looked better than Fleck? (yes, over about 3 games and not a full season, but so far).

torchomatic

But then is Mowbray aiming too high or are City just a completely unattractive landing spot for players with any sense of ambition...

If that was the case then Armstrong, Murphy and Cole wouldn't have come here. Once they've gone they have all UNIVERSALLY stated how great the club, coaching and manager is.

Nick

Administrator
But then is Mowbray aiming too high or are City just a completely unattractive landing spot for players with any sense of ambition...

It is hard to say without knowing all of his targets, players like Wilson were aiming too high / gambles as we would always be competing with teams in the league above.

Warwickhunt

i will be interested in watching Sheffied & Bolton as the season wears on with all the players they have got i should imagine come december the unrest from players not being picked will start to poison the dressing rooms, when they dont see an instant fix they will go again in the january window

covcity4life

i will be interested in watching Sheffied & Bolton as the season wears on with all the players they have got i should imagine come december the unrest from players not being picked will start to poison the dressing rooms, when they dont see an instant fix they will go again in the january window

and we wont buy the bad eggs and our fans will moan

oucho

If that was the case then Armstrong, Murphy and Cole wouldn't have come here. Once they've gone they have all UNIVERSALLY stated how great the club, coaching and manager is.

I agree and it's good to hear TM make clear he understands we also need more experience. I'm just not sure what's different between this season and last. What's changed? Now, we seem to be struggling to make quality signings and last season that didn't seem to be as tough. Budget's the same. Club's the same. Manager's the same. What gives?

FRY-CCFC

Cyrille Regis Summed up the situation in a half time interview the other week. With the current state of the club experienced players in their prime will not come, any promising players will be sold, all we will get are inexperienced kids and players towards the end of their careers.

I really feel for Mobray at the moment
That's called league one mate.

torchomatic

I agree and it's good to hear TM make clear he understands we also need more experience. I'm just not sure what's different between this season and last. What's changed? Now, we seem to be struggling to make quality signings and last season that didn't seem to be as tough. Budget's the same. Club's the same. Manager's the same. What gives?

Thing is we didn't know last years signings WERE quality until they started to perform. We had the same moaning when we signed Murphy (who?!) and Armstrong (who?!). Of course, you could be right and these players could be rubbish, but let's wait and see, eh?

albatross

Thing is we didn't know last years signings WERE quality until they started to perform. We had the same moaning when we signed Murphy (who?!) and Armstrong (who?!). Of course, you could be right and these players could be rubbish, but let's wait and see, eh?

Yep and the signings this year can be just as good if not better... but.... where did it get us? TM had had to get rid of the majority of the team and we have lost our higher performers (not just last year) so despite TM knowing what he wants , what needs to be done he has to start all over

torchomatic

Yep and the signings this year can be just as good if not better... but.... where did it get us? TM had had to get rid of the majority of the team and we have lost our higher performers (not just last year) so despite TM knowing what he wants , what needs to be done he has to start all over

Well, again we will have to wait and see won't we. Pointless being too pessimistic about it all. I'm sure this isn't the only incomings we'll see this season.

Attachments

• Cm00sH3WYAAJE-Q.jpg
    Cm00sH3WYAAJE-Q.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 16

Martin180

Start all over ? He's retained the majority of the players he wanted to keep and added to them.
Every side has a summer clear out it isn't just ccfc thar does it

skybluesam66

and lets say we signed 4 of them on say £6k per week (£1million)
and that put us in the top 6 through the season with 3k on top of our current gates for the next 20 games
not only would we recoup the money, but we would also potentially be in with a shout of promotion

Instead the opposite is happening, and league 2 beckons as the next stop

covcity4life

and lets say we signed 4 of them on say £6k per week (£1million)
and that put us in the top 6 through the season with 3k on top of our current gates for the next 20 games
not only would we recoup the money, but we would also potentially be in with a shout of promotion

Instead the opposite is happening, and league 2 beckons as the next stop

yeah because 4 marquee players and 7 shit to average ones will get defintley get promotion

Evo1883

The only position I would have liked to have added to was central midfield , or another centre half .
The squad looks decent , energetic ,pacey but young to me on paper , only time will tell

Fergusons_Beard

Reality Check!!

We've played 5 games-we're unbeaten at home.

They should call this the 'Chicken Lickin' thread......

In went in off Ferguson's beard....

Captain Dart

Or no win in 5.. can look at it either way, still near rock bottom.

Sky Blue Kid

You don't go matches so you don't know. How can you panic on the basis of the hysteria on the internet and social media.

No dick head, Im going on getting fucked by Norwich reserves in a cup game, a league defeat and 3 draws to potential relegation favourites. Why don't you go and troll someone else.

Evo1883

Yes ... I would argue that the system is getting better every week , we are adapting to it now and have been unlucky so far , we have added to a side that hasn't struggled in a league game at all , we dominate matches and need the front line to start firing .

Norwich aside And a poor 25 at Bradford with 10 men

Sky Blue Kid

A bog standard Pro answer on leaving a club. You never "Slag off" the team you've just left.(Etiquette) or contract stipulations about pay offs... that's unless you're Bellend.

Users who are viewing this thread