Worrying Comments from Mowbray (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Kid

I'm not trolling anybody, just pointing out an inconvenient truth.

You mean the inconvenient truth of getting slammed 6-1 by Norwich reserves... losing a league game and drawing with 3 relegation favourites?
Or the inconvenient truth that I don't have to be a mathematician to work out that, that is relegation form?

Last edited:

pastythegreat

You mean the inconvenient truth of getting slammed 6-1 by Norwich reserves... losing a league game and drawing with 3 relegation favourites?
Ot the inconvenient truth that I don't have to be a mathematician to work out that, that is relegation form?
We weren't beat 6-1 by Norwich reserves! We were beat 6-1 by Norwich with a few fringe players in the team. Not saying it's a good result but on the grand scheme of things, Peterborough have had a much better start to the season and we're beaten 6-1 by Norwich 'actual' reserves so can we drop the Norwich game now and put it to bed?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

better days

We weren't beat 6-1 by Norwich reserves! We were beat 6-1 by Norwich with a few fringe players in the team. Not saying it's a good result but on the grand scheme of things, Peterborough have had a much better start to the season and we're beaten 6-1 by Norwich 'actual' reserves so can we drop the Norwich game now and put it to bed?

I think this was more about young inexperienced players chasing a cup game and paying the price
There's only one way to get experience. Hopefully they will learn from that painful lesson

Sky Blue Kid

ermmmm..... Lets not let facts blur our judgement eh ;)
Norwich City 6 Coventry City 1: Match report as Sky Blues crash out of EFL Cup at Carrow Road
  • 22:18, 23 Aug 2016
  • Updated 22:45, 23 Aug 2016
  • By Alan Poole-COV
Alan Poole dissects a chastening experience for the Sky Blues in East Anglia

It’s not so very long ago that these two Cities were competing on equal terms but the current gap in resources and expectations was brutally exposed last night.

A second-string Canaries cruised into the third round of the EFL Cup as comfortably as the scoreline suggests, ruthlessly reimposing their control after a penalty from substitute Ruben Lameiras had all too briefly hinted at a fightback.

It’s a long time since the Sky Blues were so comprehensively outplayed – the one consolation that they tried to play football until the dying seconds of overtime.

Hamstrung by injuries, Tony Mowbray made just one enforced change from Saturday’s 3-1 defeat at Bradford, Cian Harries replacing the suspended Jordan Turnbull. Alex Neil, in contrast, had the luxury of naming an entirely fresh starting 11 from Sunday’s 1-1 draw at Ipswich which meant a first competitive appearance for James Maddison.

Esoterica

Norwich City 6 Coventry City 1: Match report as Sky Blues crash out of EFL Cup at Carrow Road
  • By Alan Poole-COV

It’s not so very long ago that these two Cities were competing on equal terms but the current gap in resources and expectations was brutally exposed last night.

A second-string Canaries cruised into the third round of the EFL Cup as comfortably as the scoreline suggests, ruthlessly reimposing their control after a penalty from substitute Ruben Lameiras had all too briefly hinted at a fightback.

It’s a long time since the Sky Blues were so comprehensively outplayed – the one consolation that they tried to play football until the dying seconds of overtime.

Hamstrung by injuries, Tony Mowbray made just one enforced change from Saturday’s 3-1 defeat at Bradford, Cian Harries replacing the suspended Jordan Turnbull. Alex Neil, in contrast, had the luxury of naming an entirely fresh starting 11 from Sunday’s 1-1 draw at Ipswich which meant a first competitive appearance for James Maddison.
Norwich who have just come down from the Prem. You know that place where all those amazing parachute payments are that you've been telling us about all week? What was the value of that Norwich reserve team you're so angry about losing to?

pastythegreat

• By Alan Poole-COV

Errrm your fucking self,
3 of the back four from that night played in the premier league last season, 2 (Bassong and Martin) with 30 premier league appearances each. Then need I introduce you to JM10 and Jacob Murphy? 90% of this forum are up there arses and then theirs Josh Murphy, the good version of the fella we had on loan, not exactly what I'd call a shitty reserve team

Sky Blue Kid

Norwich who have just come down from the Prem. You know that place where all those amazing parachute payments are that you've been telling us about all week? What was the value of that Norwich reserve team you're so angry about losing to?

You don't get it do you??? If Norwich reserves can muller our first team what chance would we have facing their first team in the league???
Now don't let that bit of information fuddle your brain will you?..... Do you mean their under 18/19's and a first outing of Maddison for Norwich?

Esoterica

You don't get it do you??? If Norwich reserves can muller our first team what chance would we have facing their first team in the league???
Now don't let that bit of information fuddle your brain will you?..... Do you mean their under 18/19's and a first outing of Maddison for Norwich?
Your arguments are so moronic that I have a hard time believing you're not a full time troll. This 'getting fucked by Norwich reserves' was your justification that it's not too early to panic. And now you're dribbling on about what chance our first team would have facing their first team in the league! Why are you even thinking about that?! You're now angry at a hypothetical situation.

And that was not their U18/19s, it was the EFL Cup, not the West Ham U23 bullshit from the other night. It was a very strong and significantly older Norwich team. But you wouldn't know that, because you've just read the result and decided we're shit and it's an outrage.

Nick

Administrator

Have you checked the ages of players?

covmark

Haha you're a crazy f***er

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Kid

Errrm your fucking self,
3 of the back four from that night played in the premier league last season, 2 (Bassong and Martin) with 30 premier league appearances each. Then need I introduce you to JM10 and Jacob Murphy? 90% of this forum are up there arses and then theirs Josh Murphy, the good version of the fella we had on loan, not exactly what I'd call a shitty reserve team

LMFAO... Maddison deal to Norwich was a good bit of business in my view. Technically gifted player but unproven really. Murphy, a decent player in my eyes but both of these players got slated by CCFC fans. and those 3 players you're spouting about didn't play against Ipswich? what does that tell you? Don't forget that game was Maddisons first outing.

Sky Blue Kid

Your arguments are so moronic that I have a hard time believing you're not a full time troll. This 'getting fucked by Norwich reserves' was your justification that it's not too early to panic. And now you're dribbling on about what chance our first team would have facing their first team in the league! Why are you even thinking about that?! You're now angry at a hypothetical situation.

And that was not their U18/19s, it was the EFL Cup, not the West Ham U23 bullshit from the other night. It was a very strong and significantly older Norwich team. But you wouldn't know that, because you've just read the result and decided we're shit and it's an outrage.

Oh and you went to the game did you?

skyblueelephant76

LMFAO... Maddison deal to Norwich was a good bit of business in my view. Technically gifted player but unproven really. Murphy, a decent player in my eyes but both of these players got slated by CCFC fans. and those 3 players you're spouting about didn't play against Ipswich? what does that tell you? Don't forget that game was Maddisons first outing.

What about Canos who scored twice and cost them 2.5m?

Sky Blue Kid

Haha you're a crazy f***er

Got to be better than a thick c**t eh?.... Are you all trying to tell me if we got promotion this year, we'd hold our own in the Championship then? I shudder to think about it with the level of players we have atm. It's great being a supporter and loving your team, but there comes a time when you don't let your heart rule your head. Be realistic that's all I'm saying. Step away for a moment and look at the situation without the tinted specs on. ;)

Sky Blue Kid

Errrm your fucking self,

It wasn't me who wrote this article. If Norwich played a total new line up against CCFC they would surely have played their strongest side against Ipswich in the league wouldn't they. Or am I wrong about that too?

covcity4life

to be honest if we got promoted i imagine sisu would be like hot damn this mowbray chap knows what hes doing, maybe we can get to the prem and actually profit from this saga!

an ok budget i would expect. lower midtable. but enough to give us a fighting chance of an shock

Sky Blue Kid

to be honest if we got promoted i imagine sisu would be like hot damn this mowbray chap knows what hes doing, maybe we can get to the prem and actually profit from this saga!

an ok budget i would expect. lower midtable. but enough to give us a fighting chance of an shock

I don't think so see. I think SISU are happy not spending money out on the team, and are more than happy to see us languish in this league indeffinately. If SISU go "Hot damn" about TM... Why didn't they give him a decent War chest in the first place this season?

covmark

Got to be better than a thick c**t eh?.... Are you all trying to tell me if we got promotion this year, we'd hold our own in the Championship then? I shudder to think about it with the level of players we have atm. It's great being a supporter and loving your team, but there comes a time when you don't let your heart rule your head. Be realistic that's all I'm saying. Step away for a moment and look at the situation without the tinted specs on. ;)
You really think if we got promoted we'd keep all the same players we have now?

skyblueelephant76

What about him. Maddison cost them an estimated(Not a Grenduffy fact) £2-£2.5m from us, but that game was his first game for them. go figure mate.

The point is that Norwich don't just have 11 players then reserves, they have a very strong squad - we weren't playing against a youth team. They also sent a much weaker team to play Peterborough on Tuesday and won 6-1 there against a team who have had a much better start to the season than us.

Sky Blue Kid

How about this then?...... SISU go all out and "Gift" TM a good war chest in the next window and City make a fist of it and get into the play offs, don't you think supporters would warm to the owners and do their bit by rocking up to the Ricoh? I'm inclined to say I might even start going again if that happens. I'm probably dreaming though.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm pretty happy with our squad, I don't think it's as good as last year tbh but should still be a top half squad.

I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest the Ricoh arrangement and academy situation had a significant impact on our recruitment this summer

covcity4life

I don't think so see. I think SISU are happy not spending money out on the team, and are more than happy to see us languish in this league indeffinately. If SISU go "Hot damn" about TM... Why didn't they give him a decent War chest in the first place this season?

hot damn he did on a modest budget

i couldnt see them saying ok lets get relgated again put it that way

Sky Blue Kid

The point is that Norwich don't just have 11 players then reserves, they have a very strong squad - we weren't playing against a youth team. They also sent a much weaker team to play Peterborough on Tuesday and won 6-1 there against a team who have had a much better start to the season than us.

Ok. lets say you're bang on.... If we get promoted this season, and Norwich stay in the Championship, do you really think CCFC will be able to compete with them? come on now truthfully?

Nick

Administrator
Ok. lets say you're bang on.... If we get promoted this season, and Norwich stay in the Championship, do you really think CCFC will be able to compete with them? come on now truthfully?
No, because our revenue will be much lower. Our wage budget will be less. Common sense.

Sky Blue Kid

No, because our revenue will be much lower. Our wage budget will be less. Common sense.

At last someone that actually agrees with me :) Yet some of these numpties think SISU will throw millions at us and we'll have a completely different/better squad of players?

Nick

Administrator
At last someone that actually agrees with me :) Yet some of these numpties think SISU will throw millions at us and we'll have a completely different/better squad of players?
Nobody has said millions, just that we would have a bigger budget than we do now.

Which is also common sense.

Skyblueweeman

Norwich reserves, unders, B-team...whatever you want to call them, on paper, were a class apart from us. As others have pointed out, they had players with a lot of P.League experience, two players who the majority on here creamed themselves over last season, Kyle Lafferty (hero) who was one of the top scorers in the Euro qualifiers and Canos, who came through Barcelonas fabled youth system.

Yes, it was a sh*t result and no I wasn't happy about it but it's not as meltdown inducing as some on here would have you believe. No disgrace in the result.

Users who are viewing this thread