Worrying Comments from Mowbray (1 Viewer)

hill83

You really think we'd have a completely new team to what we have now don't you?

Well we do every year anyway so it's safe to assume the same if we got promoted. But we'd possibly have a bigger budget and even if we didn't we'd be able to attract better players as we would be in a higher league.
This really isn't difficult stuff, are you ok?

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

and lets say we signed 4 of them on say £6k per week (£1million)
and that put us in the top 6 through the season with 3k on top of our current gates for the next 20 games
not only would we recoup the money, but we would also potentially be in with a shout of promotion

Instead the opposite is happening, and league 2 beckons as the next stop

And what happens if say 2 of those get long term injuries (which has affected us a lot over the past few years)? That's not the way to run a club in our position.

I get what your saying and in a little way, I tend to agree that marquee signings could put extra bums and seats and then in turn, put more money into TMs coffers (unless those greedy sh*tes SISU take it all :) ) but it's no way to run a club. Too much of a risk for the reason mentioned above and the fact that they could be also just be parp and a waste of much needed money.

Sky Blue Kid

Norwich reserves, unders, B-team...whatever you want to call them, on paper, were a class apart from us. As others have pointed out, they had players with a lot of P.League experience, two players who the majority on here creamed themselves over last season, Kyle Lafferty (hero) who was one of the top scorers in the Euro qualifiers and Canos, who came through Barcelonas fabled youth system.

Yes, it was a sh*t result and no I wasn't happy about it but it's not as meltdown inducing as some on here would have you believe. No disgrace in the result.

I'm trying to make a point SBWM. and that is it was a loooooong way from their first team, and if they can do that to us with what was a "Second string" team I'd fear for us playing their first team in the league.

Sky Blue Kid

Well we do every year anyway so it's safe to assume the same if we got promoted. But we'd possibly bigger budget and even if we didn't we'd be able to attract better players as we would be in a higher league.
This really isn't difficult stuff, are you ok?

I tend to agree with you on that hill83, only thing is this isn't anywhere near as good as last seasons team tbf is it?.... And yes I'm fine, thanks for asking ;)

hill83

I tend to agree with you on that hill83, only thing is this isn't anywhere near as good as last seasons team tbf is it?.... And yes I'm fine, thanks for asking ;)

Don't know pal. I'll let you know after a few more games.

Skyblueweeman

I'm trying to make a point SBWM. and that is it was a loooooong way from their first team, and if they can do that to us with what was a "Second string" team I'd fear for us playing their first team in the league.

Yeah but we're not in their league and won't be playing them. Chill out.

If it was Swindon and the team only had a couple of 1st teamers and then other nippers playing, then we could worry but they're a team who were in the PL 4 months ago. Their U-13s would probably smash our first team at the moment.

Slight exaggeration but you get my drift...

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

and we wont buy the bad eggs and our fans will moan
Your always moaning about the Fans moaning. as you said and I QUOTE, that's LIFE . :stop:

SkyBlue_Bear83

At last someone that actually agrees with me :) Yet some of these numpties think SISU will throw millions at us and we'll have a completely different/better squad of players?
It would be a completely different/better squad.
It would still be a poor budget in relative terms to the other championship teams but still significantly higher than the current level

afan4life

From the Cov Tel's story on Mowbray talking about potentially going in for free agents after the window closes:

"...It’s been really difficult to find the men who want to come (here with) where we are as a club at the moment."

What changed from last season? Should this be worrying for City fans?

thing is we cannot compete with most others clubs in Div1,no chance with any higher league clubs so we have been feeding off their scraps but we have gone backwards again and now we have only the old stale crumbs,but crumbs cost money

Grendel

thing is we cannot compete with most others clubs in Div1,no chance with any higher league clubs so we have been feeding off their scraps but we have gone backwards again and now we have only the old stale crumbs,but crumbs cost money

Really? Do you have any evidence we cannot compete with most league one clubs or have you made that up?

afan4life

Really? Do you have any evidence we cannot compete with most league one clubs or have you made that up?

if you have to ask that you clearly wouldn't understand the explanation :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Grendel

if you have to ask that you clearly wouldn't understand the explanation :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

So where is the evidence then? Please provide a list of all squads, their costs and wage bill and back up the statement.

Hobo

Weaker?
RCC, Burge, Haynes, Willis, Stevenson, Lawton, Stokes, Lameiras all a year older. At their age that is a big jump.

I know it is a generalisation....but our team is growing I really believe that. If we can get them to bond and toughen up. We might surprise a few people. We might just grow into the season.

Winny the Bish

This spiralled incredibly since i last checked it and can't really tell what the conversation has become.

My point is this: Why are players not wanting to join Coventry City, as TM alluded to in the original statement? We didn't seem to have this problem last year at all.

Sky Blue Kid

This spiralled incredibly since i last checked it and can't really tell what the conversation has become.

My point is this: Why are players not wanting to join Coventry City, as TM alluded to in the original statement? We didn't seem to have this problem last year at all.

Indeed, the plot thickens!

Sky Blue Kid

I take it you won't accept that being 22nd in L1 isn't enough proof that we're not competing with the rest of the teams in the league then?

Nick

Administrator
No Nick, it hasn't, hence, "We're not competing" as opposed to "We never competed"
If it's the same come January and we are stranded at the bottom of the league you might have a point.

We have more than competed in most games haven't we? Bar post sending off at Bradford

Sky Blue Kid

If it's the same come January and we are stranded at the bottom of the league you might have a point.

We have more than competed in most games haven't we? Bar post sending off at Bradford

Apart from conceding 3 goals.. Yes I suppose.

Sky Blue Kid

"If it's the same come January and we are stranded at the bottom of the league you might have a point.

We have more than competed in most games haven't we? Bar post sending off at Bradford"

Erm No! no mention of "Apart from" in your post ;)

hill83

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
"If it's the same come January and we are stranded at the bottom of the league you might have a point.

We have more than competed in most games haven't we? Bar post sending off at Bradford"

Erm No! no mention of "Apart from" in your post ;)
I said bar, which is the same thing

Users who are viewing this thread