Working to Become Financially Independent (1 Viewer)

tisza

I wish there was a way of getting all broadcast and print media to agree to a news blackout on the Sussexes - see how they like that!
But i can't see the likes of the Mail and Express (in particular) signing up to that.
Seriously think that it will gradually die down once they relocate overseas. Focus just even more on William & Kate and their kids.
Did people really care about who was 6 & 7th in-line to the throne before Harry was born?

Grendel

Seriously think that it will gradually die down once they relocate overseas. Focus just even more on William & Kate and their kids.
Did people really care about who was 6 & 7th in-line to the throne before Harry was born?

They want to use their title for commercial gain so it will not die down. That’s the irony - the big bad media will be required when they want it

OffenhamSkyBlue

Princess Margaret was fifth, and went into exile long before she slipped down the pecking order (when Peter and Zara Philips were born)

tisza

They want to use their title for commercial gain so it will not die down. That’s the irony - the big bad media will be required when they want it
That's part of it.
But surely the value of the titles (if they keep them :) ) diminishes if they are setting themselves outside of the Royal family? They aren't anywhere bigger than the institution.
And it's going to be interesting watching the American media behave with her publicity hungry family right on their new doorstep.

tisza

Princess Margaret was fifth, and went into exile long before she slipped down the pecking order (when Peter and Zara Philips were born)
There you go another 2nd in-line that had a colourful history and then faded into the background. Harry obviously struggled with it.
Maybe everyone needs to take a breath and focus on whether being 2nd in line but without a realistic chance of getting "promoted" effects Harry and his predecessors in that role.

Grendel

There you go another 2nd in-line that had a colourful history and then faded into the background. Harry obviously struggled with it.
Maybe everyone needs to take a breath and focus on whether being 2nd in line but without a realistic chance of getting "promoted" effects Harry and his predecessors in that role.

Well he’s not second in line. Other royals such as Princess Anne in particular do hundreds of engagements every year and a lot is low key. These two just want a luxury lifestyle funded by the taxpayer and it’s not on

Liquid Gold

Hasn't Harry only ever been 3rd in line. Behind Charles and William?

tisza

Well he’s not second in line. Other royals such as Princess Anne in particular do hundreds of engagements every year and a lot is low key. These two just want a luxury lifestyle funded by the taxpayer and it’s not on
That's more my point.
As they get further from the throne the more they fade from the media spotlight. People don't really worry too much about what Anne's kids are up to (although i see Zara just been banned from driving :) ). can people name Edward's kids without googling?
Megan is a TV actress who is more famous for marrying Harry than her acting. She's not a Grace Kelly or some Hollywood superstar.
Even Charles doesn't get much media coverage. Him & camilla were at my sister's work before Xmas. She got her picture with them in the local paper and one in the middle pages of the Mail. There were no national TV cameras just BBC South West there for the local news.
Personally i think there's a lot of self-entitlement for the 2 of them. Big fish in their own pond. And let's see if their hands are still out for Charles's money whilst they move forward. harry isn't skint as he inherited a large sum from Diana anyway.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Where has this hatred come from (not that i actually give a shit about her/them)? Is it purely unconscious bias based on her racial identity? Or that she's a money-grabbing egotistical witch?

stupot07

Where has this hatred come from (not that i actually give a shit about her/them)? Is it purely unconscious bias based on her racial identity? Or that she's a money-grabbing egotistical witch?
The hatred was there right from the start when they started dating.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

stupot07

e9a77694c09afeb8710d235e45b4cf0c.jpg

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We the taxpaying public paid for the update of the Sussex's home to the tune of several million pounds. Now they're pissing off.
I couldn't give a toss about the pair of them.

Grendel

Nothing compared to the £370m the taxpayer will part with for Buckingham Palace refurbishments.

That’s irrelevant really as it’s a national state building.

Grendel

It’s an absurd amount for the taxpayer to be paying considering their wealth.

They don’t own it and actually are hardly ever there

Sick Boy

They don’t own it and actually are hardly ever there

I’m sure the Queen herself spends the majority of her time there and I still maintain it’s absurd that the taxpayer has to pay such a large sum for the repairs, and how much are they spending on the repairs themselves?
Surely if it’s a publicly funded building the whole place should be opened up to attend all year round with free admission?

Grendel

I’m sure the Queen herself spends the majority of her time there and I still maintain it’s absurd that the taxpayer has to pay such a large sum for the repairs, and how much are they spending on the repairs themselves?
Surely if it’s a publicly funded building the whole place should be opened up to attend all year round with free admission?

She hardly spends any time there at all. It’s just a front. It wasn’t even originally a royal residence and I suspect given the choice they would refuse to occupy rather than repair it.

It’s a show palace for events and it has offices for staff but it’s primary function is to display the trooping of the colour and attract tourists to see it.

I’m pretty certain a lot of it is not habitable

shmmeee

He's now denying he said it even though he did say it in a radio interview.
His leadership bid hasn't exactly got off to a flyer.

He’s not going to get the nominations so I think he’s just throwing stuff hoping something gets him attention now.

To be fair to him, I think looking at the constitution as a whole (HoL, royals, bill of rights etc) is needed and I think the Tories are planning some stuff. But all this “ask the people” stuff is vague nonsense to avoid coming up with a popular policy. And Brexit should’ve shown us direct democracy isn’t always a smart idea.

Sick Boy

She hardly spends any time there at all. It’s just a front. It wasn’t even originally a royal residence and I suspect given the choice they would refuse to occupy rather than repair it.

It’s a show palace for events and it has offices for staff but it’s primary function is to display the trooping of the colour and attract tourists to see it.

I’m pretty certain a lot of it is not habitable

From what I’ve read she spends most Monday-Fridays there in the private quarters.

OffenhamSkyBlue

e9a77694c09afeb8710d235e45b4cf0c.jpg

Heard about this one on 5Live this morning. But some commentator said that everyone loved Meghan when they were dating, and to the wedding and beyond. It was only when they they started displaying self-destructive behaviour and that not in keeping with royal protocol that the proles turned against her.

Covstu

I have nothing against the royals personally but Megan knew what she was getting into before marrying ginge and let’s face it she wasn’t shy around the press prior to this. They can have their cake and eat it with the expectation of the royal purse and property and not due royal duties. Either one or the other in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread