Working to Become Financially Independent (2 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He’s blatantly not royal blood, that much was obvious a long time ago, they’re probably happy to see the back of him.
You're absoluitely right there . ....and Mrs Simpson will take care of him.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I think fair play to them, whatever makes them happy and I hope this does. I’ve always had a soft spot for Harry and William, losing their mum at an early age.

What I do disagree with is the comments that anything negative written or said about them is racist.

A majority of the previous negative press has been due to classic celebrity double standards not race (sure everyone’s already seen the read the below)....courting the press and then complaining about press intrusion (the Megan/selfie situation at Wimbledon was embarrassing, following Vanity fair guest editorial and using insta etc), raising awareness about the environment (positive by the way) and then using private jets, raising awareness about the poor (again positive) and then being ridiculously extravagant (baby shower and renovations for new home at cost to public - Megan is personally wealthy - would it have been so hard to make a gesture to cover some of these costs which would’ve put matter to bed)

One thing that surprised me most though was not attending Christmas with the rest of the family. We all have issues with other family members but put it aside over the festive period....especially when parents/grandparents/great grandparents are of any age where they might not see another one.

Its a fine balance between wanting to do good by using your celebrity status to raise awareness but if you’re doing this you have to be careful about coming across as condescending and showing lack of awareness/double standards. They have either been very poorly advised or ignored advice.

Hopefully they’ll learn from this as I believe that ultimately they are well intentioned and can do a huge amount of good (as royals or not)
I'll give it 5 years and then it'll all come to a messy end, with Mrs Simpson making a few quid from the gossip that ensues.

fellatio_Martinez

ITV just ran a segment on the hugely devastating news.

They featured a young lady who said something along the lines of "This is terrible news. The Royal Family isn't as diverse now"

Do people actually independently think these things or are they just trying to appear woke?

shmmeee

They featured a young lady who said something along the lines of "This is terrible news. The Royal Family isn't as diverse now"

Do people actually independently think these things or are they just trying to appear woke?

Are families meant to be diverse now? Shit guess I’m right wing now.

Funny related story. Apparently my mum when she worked at Cov College overheard two girls in a lift: “I think she’s a racist, all her kids are white”

Did you see Ricky Gervais’ Golden Globes intro joke about how the in memory list was too white and we need to change that? Brilliant.

clint van damme

It's got Germans, Greeks, murderers, nazis, paedophiles and gingers, it's as diverse as they come.

Ian1779

I’m wondering if the Venn diagram of Meghan Markle haters and climate-change deniers is just a single circle.

fellatio_Martinez

EN3uYwIUwAAIwiV

OffenhamSkyBlue

Re: my earlier question, i am not defending the Daily Mail, their readers, or any of the press. I don't read the DM (or go anywhere near the frothing comments section), and i have zero interest in these hangers-on, so forgive my ignorance of any hatred she has been subjected to.

I may have mentioned elsewhere that I watched the first few series of Suits, and admire Ms Markle as an actress. I never knew she was anything other than white until i looked it up after they introduced the character of her dad, who was a top-notch lawyer at a rival firm, and clearly African-American. I initially assumed she was supposed to be his adoptive daughter, so it actually opened my eyes to the breadth of skin colour in first generation mixed-race people, and why they wish to identify as African-American (or black, if they prefer).

An interesting (maybe) philosophical question is whether someone who is of mixed race, with clearly black skin and features, would ever identify as being white (because of their favour towards the white parent)? If not, why not? It's the self-same situation. The African-American community, for example, are no more native to North America than white people.

I do understand that as a white, middle-class, fifty-something male, i am blessed with a certain amount of privilege not afforded to many others, but thanks to those of you who have commented on my earlier post and enlightened me.

Incidentally, i am beyond appalled that this non-story is keeping the act of war by Iran apparently shooting down a civilian airliner from being the lead article in every media stream!

clint van damme

Re: my earlier question, i am not defending the Daily Mail, their readers, or any of the press. I don't read the DM (or go anywhere near the frothing comments section), and i have zero interest in these hangers-on, so forgive my ignorance of any hatred she has been subjected to.

I may have mentioned elsewhere that I watched the first few series of Suits, and admire Ms Markle as an actress. I never knew she was anything other than white until i looked it up after they introduced the character of her dad, who was a top-notch lawyer at a rival firm, and clearly African-American. I initially assumed she was supposed to be his adoptive daughter, so it actually opened my eyes to the breadth of skin colour in first generation mixed-race people, and why they wish to identify as African-American (or black, if they prefer).

An interesting (maybe) philosophical question is whether someone who is of mixed race, with clearly black skin and features, would ever identify as being white (because of their favour towards the white parent)? If not, why not? It's the self-same situation. The African-American community, for example, are no more native to North America than white people.

I do understand that as a white, middle-class, fifty-something male, i am blessed with a certain amount of privilege not afforded to many others, but thanks to those of you who have commented on my earlier post and enlightened me.

Incidentally, i am beyond appalled that this non-story is keeping the act of war by Iran apparently shooting down a civilian airliner from being the lead article in every media stream!

can you think of anyone else who has generated headlines like this for eating an avocado, and if not, why her?

Grendel

can you think of anyone else who has generated headlines like this for eating an avocado, and if not, why her?

Is it as bad as being called The Duchess Of Pork and told 82% would rather have sex with a goat?

Grendel

Why does it matter if it is arbitrarily 'worse' than some other story?
Surely we can agree that it is an awful article, one which she absolutely should not have to put up with?

It goes with the territory once you step out of line as a royal member

clint van damme

Is it as bad as being called The Duchess Of Pork and told 82% would rather have sex with a goat?

no it's not. But that doesn't prove that there isn't underlying racism behind her treatment. You only have to look at some of the comments in the Daily mail comment section, you can't tell me they don't put this sort of shit up to noise up certain sections of their readership.

Grendel

tisza

"Celebrities" often put in stories like these as people just don't care otherwise. Joe Public isn't interested that avocados are linked to the drug trade but throw in a celeb and people might read it. Famous people have fairly often been put in stories that highlight 3rd world sweatshops and other issues.
Let's be honest their plan is to use their celebrity to highlight causes they are interested that Joe Public wouldn't spend too much time looking at if their names weren't linked to it.
There's a general confusion about harry's role. He is what the 2nd former inline has always been. Andrew did his military bit, got his wedding on TV(same as Harry) but nobody gave a monkey's about him for years until his name came up with these Epstein scandals. Nobody really cares anything about Anne & Edward and their families - even before William & Harry were born.
People don't like the boat rocked when it comes to the Royal family, She is more Mrs Simpson than anything else. There was huge support for her marriage with Harry before things started getting a bit unconventional. They were both quick to try and use the media to their advantage with that documentary last year.
Whole thing is a storm in a teacup. They aren't going to be as newsworthy or influential as they think if they are seen to be outside the Royal Family Bubble.

tisza

no it's not. But that doesn't prove that there isn't underlying racism behind her treatment. You only have to look at some of the comments in the Daily mail comment section, you can't tell me they don't put this sort of shit up to noise up certain sections of their readership.
But it's the same people that have "off" views on everything. Every big story brings out the Internet haters.
Can just as easily say there's a 1000 negative comments out of a site that claims to have over 10 million visitors a day..

Grendel

this stepping back from royal duties has caused more controversy than Andrew and his Epstein connection. What a fucked up world.

Not really. He’s been sacked

stupot07

Explain how she stepped out of line. Explain what she did to justify the negative press.
Over listened to james o'briens phone in for 2 days and no one has been able to explain this.

If anyone has the answer they should ring up and tell him. To contact the presenter in the studio, call 0345 60 60 973 or text 84850

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Over listened to james o'briens phone in for 2 days and no one has been able to explain this.

If anyone has the answer they should ring up and tell him. To contact the presenter in the studio, call 0345 60 60 973 or text 84850

Easy. A royals job is to patron charities, attend numerous dull events like an opening of a statue in Grimsby, show the royal baby to the public, not its foot, tell the it’s when she is in labour, not afterwards, tell people who the god parents are, do not have political views aired in public and if you do don’t then show absurd hypocrisy, don’t moan don’t bleat grin and get on with it

1nilandwe...

Easy. A royals job is to patron charities, attend numerous dull events like an opening of a statue in Grimsby, show the royal baby to the public, not its foot, tell the it’s when she is in labour, not afterwards, tell people who the god parents are, do not have political views aired in public and if you do don’t then show absurd hypocrisy, don’t moan don’t bleat grin and get on with it
Yup, that's about right. Throw away the person that you used to be, you know, the person that your husband fell in love with. Smile, wave, shut up and look pretty (FOR GOD'S SAKE LOOK PRETTY!).
And if you don't, we will hound you and encourage hatred towards you, every chance we get.
Seems fair.
Good luck, darling.

Grendel

Yup, that's about right. Throw away the person that you used to be, you know, the person that your husband fell in love with. Smile, wave, shut up and look pretty (FOR GOD'S SAKE LOOK PRETTY!).
And if you don't, we will hound you and encourage hatred towards you, every chance we get.
Seems fair.
Good luck, darling.

It’s the job description and it’s hardly a difficult life - the taxpayer pays for them

stupot07

Phone him and tell him then.

tisza

Seems fair.
Good luck, darling.
There is a "buyer beware" attached to Royal marriages.
Diana didn't have plain sailing towards the end of her marriage and with the subsequent divorce.It was her tragic death that changed perceptions and has glossed over that period that preceded it.
Sarah Ferguson never had a particularly smooth ride either. She was attacked from early on for her looks, her strong personality that "wasn't appreciated".
Kate gets away with it because she conforms and acts out a role that is perceived to be what a Royal should be. Her marriage breaks down and the knives would be out for her from some quarters.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Well i have never seen that article for the reasons i mentioned in my previous post. But it applies equally, i assume, to anyone who eats avocados. But i doubt this is intended to raise the disturbing issues related to the avocado industry, and is a not-even-thinly-disguised part of a hate campaign towards her, which she clearly does not deserve..
Is there anything inherently racist about this particular article? I can't see anything specific.
And can she be blamed for a "silver platter high tea"? Is that a Royal thing, or is she one of the many hundreds of people for whom it is currently trendy to have afternoon tea in a nice hotel, served on nice serving dishes?
Abhorrent, i agree, and neither do i know where the vitriol has come from, other than racists and bigots.

Grendel

It's not a job. It's their life.
A crucial and very important difference.

Which they can resign from. Pay back the money for the wedding and redecoration

SIR ERNIE

Utter crap.

She’s a highly manipulative woman who’s had it easy so far yet still found reasons to winge and whine. Her ambitions were described yesterday as wanting to be the Royal Beckhams. Looking at their new website and considering the numerous trademark applications, that’s about right I’d say.

Take back their Duke & Duchess titles and cease all income from Duchy of Cornwall.

Harry will ultimately be left high and dry by her and he’ll regret this decision.

Users who are viewing this thread