Woodlands (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Just like to say I scored a worldy at Woodlands, about 12 years ago, playing for Sidney Stringer staff (as a guest). Meggsed a Woodlands yoof on the touchline at half way and hit it first time in the top corner (it may have been a cross to the far post - but nobody will ever be able to prove it!)

hill83

Also, people whinging about traffic etc. It's one day every 2 weeks on a saturday with a few mid weeks thrown in after 7pm for 8 months of the year.

crying.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Also, people whinging about traffic etc. It's one day every 2 weeks on a saturday with a few mid weeks thrown in after 7pm for 8 months of the year.

crying.jpg
Its 20 minutes more for me to get to than the Ricoh so I've ordered a bed sheet to write on.

NorthernWisdom

Also, people whinging about traffic etc. It's one day every 2 weeks on a saturday with a few mid weeks thrown in after 7pm.

crying.jpg
tbf, I'd whinge if I lived there.

Same as I bet the residents of Longford etc. whinged about the Ricoh when it was built. One day you've got a (relatively!) quiet road, the next hordes of pissed footy fans are going down it.

But that's going to be a problem wherever a ground'd be built, unless we were heading for the Hebrides!

hill83

Same as I bet the residents of Longford etc. whinged about the Ricoh when it was built. One day you've got a (relatively!) quiet road, the next hordes of pissed footy fans are going down it.

But that's going to be a problem wherever a ground'd be built, unless we were heading for the Hebrides!

Yeah I get where you are coming from, I used to live 30 seconds from Highfield Road so I'm used to it I suppose. Used to love the buzz around the area on match day.

hill83

Also, I don't actually think this will happen before Ashdown pops on to make sure we know that.

fernandopartridge

Yes, people living in cities can hardly complain about this sort of thing imo, it is utter nimbyism.

Liquid Gold

Lived near the Ricoh during construction and there was a buzz about the place improving.

NorthernWisdom

Yeah I get where you are coming from, I used to live 30 seconds from Highfield Road so I'm used to it I suppose. Used to love the buzz around the area on match day.
Yeah my Dad used to live not too far away - and he hated football! So all he remembers is not being able to go out on a Saturday because he'd never be able to park again when he came back!

Difference there was the ground was there before him.

hill83

Yes, people living in cities can hardly complain about this sort of thing imo, it is utter nimbyism.

I got banned from the Eastern Green facebook group for pointing out that everyone who lives in Eastern Green is in a house that used to be farm land full of wildlife. Exactly like the new housing development will be.

Seamus1

One issue I do have with the prospect of a new stadium is what will it be used for for the other 330 odd days of the year that SISU were saying would bring in revenue all year round? Cannot see it being used for concerts or exhibitions with the RICOH already in situ.

Could it maybe be adapted so that it can also hold events such as speedway in the summer months to bring the Coventry Bees back to the city?

NorthernWisdom

I got banned from the Eastern Green facebook group for pointing out that everyone who lives in Eastern Green is in a house that used to be farm land full of wildlife. Exactly like the new housing development will be.
Always the way again though. One day I must get round to trying to buy a strip of the empty land next to me, in case some bugger decides to build a block of flats on it!

Nick

Administrator
Did you tell them using GIFs?

Sky Blue Harry H

th

Hasn’t stopped student monstrosities going up all over the place-in fact the council might accept it if we include some rooms for students by the pitch

I find it amazing that the student buildings are so poorly designed in 2019. Why doesn't the council say that they must have a bit of the historic Coventry look about them. By this, I do mean prior to the concrete jungle!!

better days

Weren't there talks of there before or was that people just guessing?

So the site has been named, surely they would need planning before they bought the land?
I think Mark Venus visited the site when he was here as a director but I thought it was for a training ground

Gibbo

The local residents don't need to 'accept' the proposal, if it is in compliance with local and national planning policy the reality is that they have very little actual say.
Has to fit with the local Plan and depends on what the Plan has allocated the land to. Council can reject it, but if housing is involved SISU would likely win on appeal and in that case Council cop the legal expenses. If it is designated for leisure, a footie ground could fit that and so make it more difficult to reject.
All this assumes a) it is true b) SISU are serious. Both of these I doubt

Captain Dart

SG inferring he got to story first then it was leaked to Les Reid.

Users who are viewing this thread