Woodlands (5 Viewers)

Grendel

Cannot see for one minute the local residents accepting this "proposal"

More non intentional showboating i'm afraid!

Residents have no say

Warwickhunt

Cant see it working, the surrounding infrastructure isn't built for it, access would be a nightmare, broad lane, banner lane, tile hill lane would all probably need widening, probably less workable than the butts.
as would it if the council want to build houses on it! so its just another excuse by the council

Warwickhunt

As said above over to the Council to explain why it can or why not

Site is plenty big enough but infra structure would need a lot of improving
It would need infrastructure no matter what they do with it OSB! Even more so if they want to build houses,

SBAndy

.....but where would I play on a Tuesday night if the powerleague is demolished?...SISU are selfish fooks...

Could quite feasibly keep public facilities like that on-site if they are on about the academy moving there as well (though I may have misinterpreted the article).

Reactions: vow

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Would love SISU if this happened; right on my door step (well ish, compared to the ricoh anyway!!) ;)

That said, aren’t some of the buildings listed? Sure when I was there the school claimed it couldn’t do much in the way of improvements because of restrictions? Maybe not listed but sure they have something on them

For me it’s too residential. The Westwood academy would likely be affected; flats and houses would have to have CPO’s on them (can you see the new build owners where the hawthorn used to be agreeing to that??).

I think they’ve just seen a post of Facebook and thought ‘that’ll do’ :emoji_face_palm:

smileycov

Facebook User
You can actually reach via quite a few directions. Banner lane the lane going past the poachers to Merridan, tile hill lane eastern green jobs lane. May not be as nightmare as first thought. I used to walk from town up to Highfield rd - happy days

letsallsingtogether

Massey Ferguson employed 8k people at its peak, so arguments over traffic are difficult to make imho.

SISU would need to come up with a green travel plan though.
But have already built 1000s of houses on that site all have 2 cars each.
just need a good bus service as there will be little parking.
Could possibly build a new road off the A45 from the back by the old Massey club
but would need to purchase farm land to do so.
Would be good for me as I own a flat nearby and can get a parking permit.:)

hill83

I live about 2 minutes walk away from Woodlands and I'd love this to happen. But I've been living here for about 9 months and the amount of whinging around here is incredible. There has been infighting about a zebra crossing for 2 years.

Doubt this will happen. Hope it does. Access with roads around here are absolutely shit though already.

Edit: Just seen above that residents won't have a say. Get it done. Party at mine first game.

MalcSB

If it is true, then this is perfect opportunity for the council to say drop legal and we will support this. Me mom lives on broad Lane so I’m sorted for parking lol
Or for the council to say that they support it and ask Sisu to keep their word and drop the legals.

Nick

Administrator
Weren't there talks of there before or was that people just guessing?

So the site has been named, surely they would need planning before they bought the land?

no_loyalty

Happy days, I only live a 5 minute walk away.

Seamus1

99% sure this won’t get built, but for those arriving by train, at least there’d be more than a capacity of 75 on offer. Also, just had a quick look at the Trainline for timetables and currently in the 2 hours prior to a 3pm kick off on a Saturday there are 5 trains operating...so lots of choice and little stress

MalcSB

Nick, Would have thought so. After all, would you trust the council not to sell you the land today and deny planning permission tomorrow?

Nick

Administrator
Nick, Would have thought so. After all, would you trust the council not to sell you the land today and deny planning permission tomorrow?
Ha imagine that, if they did actually ever buy a bit of land then can't do anything with it

Frank Sidebottom

If true (I still keep the big IF!) it's not as crazy an idea as I suspected. What's the size of the site, anyway? Assume as the plan would also include housing, it's pretty massive?
The playing fields on the Cromwell lane side are roughly the m2 as the ricoh and its car parks
.....but where would I play on a Tuesday night if the powerleague is demolished?...SISU are selfish fooks...
Plenty of room to leave the powerleague alone. Woodlands site is bigger than the ricoh and its car parks.

Reactions: vow

Liquid Gold

As much as sisu are twats they’ve played this perfectly. Came open about their plans, we’re called out for bullshitting as usual so released documents proving some of their claims then when the refrain was ‘show us the site’ they leak it to a friendly reporter. They’ve completely out PRd this time.

Liquid Gold

Didn’t even think of the station. Much easier for us and away fans. Most places have a train to Birmingham and then just jump on the local train to Tile Hill.

Users who are viewing this thread