Woodlands (3 Viewers)

SBAndy

But it will not be our stadium it will be SISSU's able to charge what rent they want and keep all the revenue they want. It will NOT be owned by CCFC..... even if it ever got built.

Ok so they charge whatever rent they want, they’ve still got a struggling L1 club on their investment book who may at a future time come to be unable to pay said rent and they’re left with a leveraged football ground that will have few if any takers (until someone says Wasps). Or the alternative is they package it all up together and flog it, finally seeing semi-meaningful return on their investment. I know which is more likely from an investment perspective.

skybluetony176

You say you know they won’t drop the legal action, but actively discourage the council in partaking in something that SISU have made clear would result in the dropping of the legal action. Honestly, you’ve lost me.

Where have I said that?

Besides there should only be one condition for dropping the litigation. It’s what’s best for CCFC.

mark82

I'd genuinely love to know why Plan A was staying at the Ricoh until not so long ago, and now Plan A has morphed into 'we've been trying to build a stadium for X amount of time, but keep getting unreasonably delayed'.

It's all running remarkably similarly to last time out as far as I can see.

To be fair, I think the message from those at the club (Fisher & Boddy) has been that they want to stay at the Ricoh - at least since Boddy has come in (I know Fisher has pushed the stadium previously but not for a while as far as I know). Don't think Sisu have ever really waivered from wanting to build a new stadium (or threatening to).

olderskyblue

Deepdale is a good example in theory, if SISU were to build a stadium to that spec for CCFC it would meet a lot of the requirements and potential that our Club has.

I wonder how much the cost will have gone up since it was built?

RoboCCFC90

I wonder how much the cost will have gone up since it was built?

Interesting question.

Wimbledon are currently building a 11,000 seater-stadium which will allegedly cost nearly £16m - it should be noted that the stadium could be expanded to 20,000 in the future, which I imagine will mean the cost of a 20,000 seater-stadium will come close to the £25m for PNE's Deepdale.

chiefdave

Last edited:

Lord_Nampil

What is the council trying to do here..... it’s annoying its showing them up to be as bad as sisu in other ways.... let’s face it if they don’t meet them how can this situation ever end. Also a certain meeting in Westminster would have been useful to attend, or is this why they didn’t.....

chiefdave

Interesting that Duggins didn't even attempt to answer the question regarding talks between the council, Hoffman & Elliott, and Wasps in the last two months. Surely an easy thing to deny.

Was also asked to categorically state they are against a non league phoenix club playing at the Ricoh, again no answer. Worrying that the council can't state they aren't trying to distress the club to the point it ceases to exist and is replaced with a phoenix team.

Warwickhunt

How difficult is it for the council to answer very clear questions? Seemingly impossible as there response doesn't even attempt at answer the questions asked. Are they just copy and pasting the same answer every time?
As i said take the buggers out in mays local council elections. Longford & Woodlands Wards - Talk to all your friends in those Wards tell them whats been going on! Lot of people dont follow football and are unaware of whats been going on

fernandopartridge

How difficult is it for the council to answer very clear questions? Seemingly impossible as there response doesn't even attempt at answer the questions asked. Are they just copy and pasting the same answer every time?
They release meaningless shite like "two sides of A4" and cretins lap it up. We get the politicians we deserve. Two sides of A4 would be enough as a starting point for a discussion on a long lease.

The Reverend Skyblue

I love the bit in the councils statement,"we want to know the reasons why the club ignore other more suitable sites", in other words, we promised Wasps the football club will help you pay and subsidise the running of the Ricoh forever, whilst you make all the profits.
Regarding this European City of Sport fiasco, when the European dignitaries come to visit and when the focus is most on the city, this is when we the supporters should organise the rally's and protests, so they can see infact we are infact the most anti sport city in Europe.
Let the Europeans see how the local council is infact trying to kill the biggest and most historic sport team in the city.

Last edited:

BornSlippySkyBlue

I love the bit in the councils statement,"we want to know the reasons why the club ignore other more suitable sites", in other words, we promised Wasps the football club will help you pay and subsidise the running of the Ricoh forever, whilst you make all the profits.
Regarding this European City of Sport fiasco, when the European dignitaries come to visit and when the focus is most on the city, this is when we the supporters should organise the rally's and protests, so they can see infact we are infact the most anti sport city in Europe.
Let the Europeans see how the local council is infact trying to kill the biggest and most historic sport team in the city.

This should be pushed all over social media. Maybe the council would pay attention if they thought their ‘reputation’ (or what’s left of it) would be disparaged on the international stage. Lots of banners with quotes (like the led by donkeys thing)...

fernandopartridge

The funny thing is outside of the council echo chamber Wasps are still not associated with the city. Where I live most people didn't realise they played in cov let alone owned the stadium.

CCFC achieved more coverage for the city with the play offs than Wasps did qualifying for Europe.

SBAndy

The funny thing is outside of the council echo chamber Wasps are still not associated with the city. Where I live most people didn't realise they played in cov let alone owned the stadium.

CCFC achieved more coverage for the city with the play offs than Wasps did qualifying for Europe.

Get the same reaction in Birmingham when I’m at work. Whenever I talk about our situation and Wasps they can’t believe Wasps are up here.

olderskyblue

Two sides of A4 would be enough as a starting point for a discussion on a long lease.

The only issue with this is that I think some of the same people saying that, were all over Hoffman's bids as they "weren't on headed paper".

As said many times, anything released is used over and over to "prove" someone's views, even if it doesn't. We're all fighting a losing game really, as we clearly don't count in any of these shenanigans.

But.... it doesn't stop us arguing over it anyway does it? ;)

ccfcway

when the European dignitaries come to visit and when the focus is most on the city, this is when we the supporters should organise the rally's and protests, so they can see infact we are infact the most anti sport city in Europe.

Great idea, well worth Persuing

fernandopartridge

The only issue with this is that I think some of the same people saying that, were all over Hoffman's bids as they "weren't on headed paper".

As said many times, anything released is used over and over to "prove" someone's views, even if it doesn't. We're all fighting a losing game really, as we clearly don't count in any of these shenanigans.

But.... it doesn't stop us arguing over it anyway does it? ;)
I wouldn't have anything to talk about otherwise

ccfcway

This should be pushed all over social media. Maybe the council would pay attention if they thought their ‘reputation’ (or what’s left of it) would be disparaged on the international stage. Lots of banners with quotes (like the led by donkeys thing)...

Interesting to hear if any local MP’s have CCFC return in their manifesto. Suspect not, which shows how low down the radar it is

BornSlippySkyBlue

Interesting to hear if any local MP’s have CCFC return in their manifesto. Suspect not, which shows how low down the radar it is
Doubt it, CCFC’s troubles don’t seem to have much impact on the good citizens of Coventry. Probably why the council get away it...

Users who are viewing this thread