Women's Euros 2022 (1 Viewer)

David O'Day

giphy.gif
my new signature

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Just need to book another 130 days of training at the union and it’s a reality
Mind you training days are bloody boring generally. You'll get some keen nqt who writes everything down and nods their head at everything with huge enthusiasm while everyone else stares at the clock .

TomRad85

Of course he says he lied as he’s a fat bloke it seems who never has had a job, robs a thick farmer I’m Jim the gateman whose never had a real job and Tom is an unemployed wanker called Trackie Tom whose also never had a real job

Make sense now?
He got bored with Trackie Tom and started calling me fat too, I mean it's such a classic I can see why he goes with it a lot. Come to think of it he never did post a picture of himself on here like I kindly requested though.
He also lied that I was blocked as he responded to me the other day with some info he'd only half researched in an attempt to look clever. Alas...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Mcbean

Meanwhile back on the thread - good effort from the girls - two great goals - Spanish players have been to the school of hard knocks but the English girls stuck to it

SkyBlueSoul

A positive step forward in terms of viewing figures for the women's game. This re last night:

Had a look at our last Euros quarter-final in 2017 v France and peak TV audience was 3.3m, which at the time was the biggest ever viewing figures for a women's football match.

OffenhamSkyBlue

It was only by accident - they thought EastEnders would be on!!

But seriously, that is a good figure. I didn't watch a lot of it, but i thought the standard was really high. And that winning goal was technically as good as you'll see in the men's game.
Still one thing that troubles me is how screechy everything is (crowds made up mostly of teenage girls, excited commentators, etc). It just grates.
Interesting that BBC are intent on promoting all women's sport to the highest degree since they lost all the rights for male sport to Sky/BT.

Otis

It was only by accident - they thought EastEnders would be on!!

But seriously, that is a good figure. I didn't watch a lot of it, but i thought the standard was really high. And that winning goal was technically as good as you'll see in the men's game.
Still one thing that troubles me is how screechy everything is (crowds made up mostly of teenage girls, excited commentators, etc). It just grates.
Interesting that BBC are intent on promoting all women's sport to the highest degree since they lost all the rights for male sport to Sky/BT.
Yes, I do agree. It is a bit screechy. Great so many kids are attending though. Long may it last.

Otis

I didn't know what they were complaining about at the time and I still don't.

You give a free kick for that sort and the game goes to pot. It's hardly leading with the elbow is it.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that challenge at all.

Otis

Oh, and here's the Spanish sub goalkeeper's reaction.
😂

Ridiculous. It wasn't even that contentious on any level anyway.

Grendel

I did watch the last few minutes and the notion of fair play being better is rather silly

A Spanish boot missed an English ponytail by 10 miles and the victim looked like they’d been hit by a double decker bus

Otis

I did watch the last few minutes and the notion of fair play being better is rather silly

A Spanish boot missed an English ponytail by 10 miles and the victim looked like they’d been hit by a double decker bus
That last sentence could be just as easily the men's game too, re the ponytail.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Simulation, cheating, shithousery or whatever its called is creeping into the ladies game and its a shame
I think in the women's game it's definitely going to be shit hosiery.

SkyBlueSoul

Only caught the second half. Sweden deserved it but gutted it didn’t go to extra time

Sky Blue Harry H

The French look 20% sharper than the Dutch - no idea how they aren't winning (yet). The only team I think who are better than England. They do everything at pace. Just the final bit letting them down.

SkyBlueSoul

What a save! Last minute, thought she’d taken it away from the player on the line and tipped it in at first

David O'Day

France with a striker like Miedema would be deadly (yes I know their best striker got injured in the first game)

SkyBlueSoul

Well I've just found out I have a ticket for the semi tomorrow. Turns out my mate bought me one pre-tournament in case we made it this far and I completely forgot!

Users who are viewing this thread