Win promotion or the FA Cup ? (3 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

As I mentioned about whether promotion would enable us to win the FA Cup, but the same degree could winning the FA Cup hamper our promotion chances, if it's a binary choice of promotion OR FA Cup?

People are saying they'd like to see us in Europe (yes, it'd be great) but could we deal with the number of fixtures? Yes, there would be money in the pot from being in Europe, and maybe even the chance of enticing some very interesting signings, but fixtures would come thick and fast and squad rotation would be an absolute must. So maybe upsetting team rhythm not to mention the tiredness from the traveling.

covcity4life

As I mentioned about whether promotion would enable us to win the FA Cup, but the same degree could winning the FA Cup hamper our promotion chances, if it's a binary choice of promotion OR FA Cup?

People are saying they'd like to see us in Europe (yes, it'd be great) but could we deal with the number of fixtures? Yes, there would be money in the pot from being in Europe, and maybe even the chance of enticing some very interesting signings, but fixtures would come thick and fast and squad rotation would be an absolute must. So maybe upsetting team rhythm not to mention the tiredness from the traveling.
Also how the fuck we gone from half this place telling us to go out to sheff wed to choosing fa cup over the league? Lol oh the bandwagon

shmmeee

I'm confident we will challenge but we could miss out narrowly 2-3 seasons ina. Row and then maybe king leaves and new owner is shit or robins goes etc. lots of stuff could see us stop challenging.

Have to take out chances whilst we get them

Are you more confident of us getting promoted or winning the FA Cup in the next five years?

covcity4life

Are you more confident of us getting promoted or winning the FA Cup in the next five years?
Doesn't matter. I'm not talking about Fa cup Vs promotion. I am simply commenting that I don't agree with taking for granted that we will get to prem in next few years

I think your now trying to put your comment in different light cos you see it from my pov but don't want to admit it?

shmmeee

Doesn't matter. I'm not talking about Fa cup Vs promotion. I am simply commenting that I don't agree with taking for granted that we will get to prem in next few years

I think your now trying to put your comment in different light cos you see it from my pov but don't want to admit it?

The thread is about that. I’m more confident we will go up in the next five years than win the cup. I want both so logic dictates in this scenario I’d take the cup.

covcity4life

The thread is about that. I’m more confident we will go up in the next five years than win the cup. I want both so logic dictates in this scenario I’d take the cup.
That's absolutely fine.

Your original post came across as if you want fa cup now because prem is definitely gonna come later anyway

That's all. I understand your point now

Alkhen

FA cup for sure. Would be an amazing story, the media attention would send the club global. I'm convinced that would put the club in the shop window for major investors and allow us to bag another level of player in the transfer market especially with the prospect of a season in the Europa league the following season.

hill83

Real question is win promotion or the fa cup or England win world cup?

@hill83

joel mchale pitchfork GIF by NETFLIX

Dean Winchester Reaction GIF

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Folk still having the same view after yet another 0-5 for Sheff U?

3 years ago when they went down, they had 11 points at this stage.

People fairly saying the FA cup isn't the same anymore, the Premier League certainly isn't.

I reckon there are Spurs fans that would take a trophy over relegation 😆😆

Otis

Folk still having the same view after yet another 0-5 for Sheff U?

3 years ago when they went down, they had 11 points at this stage.

People fairly saying the FA cup isn't the same anymore, the Premier League certainly isn't.

I reckon there are Spurs fans that would take a trophy over relegation 😆😆
Yup.

Look at Sheff Utd. Do we really want a goal difference of -43? That's what it is at the moment and is much likely to get much worse.

Then you have to look at the success rate for teams promoted to the Premier via the playoffs. I believe it's only 28% of clubs that survive the promotion.

Such a monumental task to stay up there and we all know, that if we were to be where Sheff Utd are right now and getting close to a minus 50 goal difference, Robins would be no more. I guarantee it.

For now, I think it has to be the FA Cup and we are looking at now aren't we. This is all based on the fact that we should be in the quarterfinals, all being well, and going to plan next week.

That's then just 2 wins from the final. So fantasy it might be, there is still a tiny chance.

Great feel good factor in general at the moment. Go up next season and get regularly pumulled and it would all soon be dissipated.

skybluecam

Yup.

Look at Sheff Utd. Do we really want a goal difference of -43? That's what it is at the moment and is much likely to get much worse.

Then you have to look at the success rate for teams promoted to the Premier via the playoffs. I believe it's only 28% of clubs that survive the promotion.

Such a monumental task to stay up there and we all know, that if we were to be where Sheff Utd are right now and getting close to a minus 50 goal difference, Robins would be no more. I guarantee it.

For now, I think it has to be the FA Cup and we are looking at now aren't we. This is all based on the fact that we should be in the quarterfinals, all being well, and going to plan next week.

That's then just 2 wins from the final. So fantasy it might be, there is still a tiny chance.

Great feel good factor in general at the moment. Go up next season and get regularly pumulled and it would all soon be dissipated.
Not if we frame it right.

Look at Luton, every game at Kenilworth Road is an event. Unless we spent £100m the summer we went up were probably coming down anyway so we should just enjoy it and trust that the ownership/management will use the cash injection to continue building the club.

Otis

Not if we frame it right.

Look at Luton, every game at Kenilworth Road is an event. Unless we spent £100m the summer we went up were probably coming down anyway so we should just enjoy it and trust that the ownership/management will use the cash injection to continue building the club.
Luton are making a fist of it, but I do feel they are still extremely likely to come down again.

Do you think Sheff Utd are enjoying it? Southampton the year before and Norwich the year before that. Huddersfield? Derby?

And as I have alluded to, Robins still gets lots of stick now and that's with us doing really well

The fans will turn on him if we went up and got beaten every week. 100% certainty.

Sad, but true.

SBbucks

Luton are making a fist of it, but I do feel they are still extremely likely to come down again.

Do you think Sheff Utd are enjoying it? Southampton the year before and Norwich the year before that. Huddersfield? Derby?

And as I have alluded to, Robins still gets lots of stick now and that's with us doing really well

The fans will turn on him if we went up and got beaten every week. 100% certainty.

Sad, but true.

So what do you suggest? That we don’t try to get promoted in case we come straight back down?

Otis

So what do you suggest? That we don’t try to get promoted in case we come straight back down?
That we be best prepared for the Premier.

I don't think we are this season.

Flying in the top 2 and I would be a lot more confident.

skybluecam

Sad, but true.
Luton are coming down yes, but they’re certainly enjoying it.

Sheff Utd have a terrible owner. Soton weren’t a promoted side, and should never have gone down.

Robins only gets loads of stick in online echo chambers.

Grendel

Sad, but true.

From a Luton’s fan’s perspective I’d guess it’s been a great season to date

They have been written off by everyone and have only lost once at home by a two goal margin

They almost beat Liverpool and ran Man City Tottenham and arsenal very close

I doubt they’d swap with us with the ride they are having

Otis

From a Luton’s fan’s perspective I’d guess it’s been a great season to date

They have been written off by everyone and have only lost once at home by a two goal margin

They almost beat Liverpool and ran Man City Tottenham and arsenal very close

I doubt they’d swap with us with the ride they are having
I agree.

They are an anomaly though.

If we could do what they have done, then great, but they were a much better club than we were last season and just how many of our players from this campaign do we believe could do a decent job at Premier level?

Grendel

I agree.

They are an anomaly though.

If we could do what they have done, then great, but they were a much better club than we were last season and just how many of our players from this campaign do we believe could do a decent job at Premier level?

The lower levels of the league aren’t that great. Sheffield had zero intent to stay up and I don’t know what’s happened with Burnley but some clubs have hung on.

SBT

FA cup for sure. Would be an amazing story, the media attention would send the club global. I'm convinced that would put the club in the shop window for major investors and allow us to bag another level of player in the transfer market especially with the prospect of a season in the Europa league the following season.
I really doubt many people outside of the UK would care. The tournament has really struggled to stay relevant in this country, and it's even harder to access outside the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread