Wilson V Collins (2 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

Thats literally what im saying. He will be dropped for Collins after his shit showing Tuesday. Soon as Wilson put in a shit performance he was going to be dropped. We all know that, why are you kicking off about it ?
This use kicking off? You said he'd been itching for a chance to drop Wilson for Collins since signing him, which is an odd way of saying he might be dropped for having a poor game.

Saddlebrains

This use kicking off? You said he'd been itching for a chance to drop Wilson for Collins since signing him, which is an odd way of saying he might be dropped for having a poor game.

He has been. Why did he drop 3 quarters of a million on someone to be a 'back up'

First chance he can get Robins will have Collins in goal. That will be Monday

PVA

It isn't the first chance he's had.

Yeah this 😂

Robins doesn't have any qualms about dropping so called 'favourites' when he brings in a replacement (e.g. Bidwell). He wouldn't keep Collins on the bench if he thinks he's miles better than Wilson, he was obviously picking Wilson on merit.

That may now change after Wilson's mistake on Tuesday, but nobody can say he's been itching to drop Wilson.

johnwillomagic

Tbf no goalie would have got anywhere near Hull's goal - how anyone can say that is beyond me was flicked literally into the side netting in the oppostie corner of the goal a very clever header.

He was horribly exposed for third goal and in reality would probably be beaten either way but he stopped in between which was fatal eror having decided to come off line he had to just fully commit and not stop halfway - it was either stay on your line or come out to attempt to narrow the angle by stopping he was in no mans land......defence was shocking on that goal I think he made the right choice tbh initially but lost his nerve.

Wilson has done well but think entire team needs a shake up so would give Collins a go - I'd also take others out who have been great for us on Monday in games such as to a lesser extent Palmer and to a much greater extent Fadz - it just needs a shake up. I think we look a lot weaker defensively without Bidwell.

shmmeee

Should have saved the £13m on Wright, Collins and Kitching, bought in at £2m a piece GK, CB, CM x 2 ST x 2 then spent £1m on bringing back any shit players who were great in the dressing room.

Brighton Sky Blue

Should have saved the £13m on Wright, Collins and Kitching, bought in at £2m a piece GK, CB, CM x 2 ST x 2 then spent £1m on bringing back any shit players who were great in the dressing room.
I sense that Robins fell into a trap that I have done as an FM veteran which is to try to spend every penny of the budget in a given window just because it's there. Although in my defence Doug King gave me £16 million despite making the Champions League whereas MR has been given more than that to make Cardiff look invincible.

steve101

Wasn't impressed by Collins pre-season and v Wimbledon but haven't been impressed by Wilson this season either. Both gave me heart in the mouth moments.

Sick Boy

I sense that Robins fell into a trap that I have done as an FM veteran which is to try to spend every penny of the budget in a given window just because it's there. Although in my defence Doug King gave me £16 million despite making the Champions League whereas MR has been given more than that to make Cardiff look invincible.
The fact we’ve spent so much yet have had to resort to Kelly being in the starting 11 suggests it hasn’t exactly been spent wisely.

Last edited:

CCFC54321

Wasn't impressed by Collins pre-season and v Wimbledon but haven't been impressed by Wilson this season either. Both gave me heart in the mouth moments.
I agree. Didn’t think collins looked very confident from what I’ve seen from him so far. Stick with Wilson.

Brighton Sky Blue

The fact we’ve spent so much yet have had to resort to Kelly being in the starting 11 suggests it hasn’t exactly been spent wisely.
It also stuns me to see people writing off decent free agents just because they’re free agents and would provide more depth in ability. Look at our fixture pile up in December when pitches get heavier and conditions get worse.

We need more bodies in at midfield and now right back.

SBT

It also stuns me to see people writing off decent free agents just because they’re free agents and would provide more depth in ability. Look at our fixture pile up in December when pitches get heavier and conditions get worse.

We need more bodies in at midfield and now right back.
Nothing wrong with free agents but I imagine people like Cannon will want guarantees of first team football that we can’t give beyond MVE’s injury.

Brighton Sky Blue

Nothing wrong with free agents but I imagine people like Cannon will want guarantees of first team football that we can’t give beyond MVE’s injury.
He’ll have it for at least 6 months most likely in that case. Beyond that he’d still get regular time just probably not starting. Guess we’ll see him next Saturday anyway

PVA

Has anyone said he was wholly responsible for winning the golden glove?

There were certainly many more saying he had little to do with it.

SlowerThanPlatt

I don't really understand xG but isn't that the 2nd best? If Leicester and Preston are up there (1st and 3rd in the table), surely it's a positive measurement, no?!
Yes but our goals conceded isn’t the second best in the league, means we’ve conceded a lot of “low quality” goals which by a statistical model shouldn’t be going in

Grendel

I don't really understand xG but isn't that the 2nd best? If Leicester and Preston are up there (1st and 3rd in the table), surely it's a positive measurement, no?!

Not really as it means they are scoring from the few chances being created I assume and they aren’t great chances

fernandopartridge

Not really because Leicester and Preston have conceded 5 and 6 respectively, whereas we've conceded 10. It suggests that there is a very good xG to goal conversion rate, so that might be due to the keeper.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

PVA

Post Shot Expected Goals (PSxG) is a better measure when evaluating goalkeepers performance.

Wilson currently ranks 18th on this metric. I think he was about 6th or 7th last year.

StrettoBoy

I think Kelly is a decent player.

The problem - which is hardly his fault - is that he isn't a Harmer replacement, which some expect him to be, although to be fair few are.

The nearest we currently have to replacing Harmer are Palmer - who I still rate despite a couple of poor performances since returning from international duty - and Ayari, who is promising but young and not yet settled into the team.

Sick Boy

I think Kelly is a decent player.

The problem - which is hardly his fault - is that he isn't a Harmer replacement, which some expect him to be, although to be fair few are.

The nearest we currently have to replacing Harmer are Palmer - who I still rate despite a couple of poor performances since returning from international duty - and Ayari, who is promising but young and not yet settled into the team.
He’s ok as a last resort squad player but really shouldn’t starting considering how much has been reinvested back into the squad.

Users who are viewing this thread