wilson to go - Norwich or Bournemouth (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Our best players being signed by other clubs? Yes. By the likes of Huddersfield and Bournemouth though? Think that latter fact is what pisses people off more.
Wigan, formerly of non league won the FA Cup. The 70s and 80s lower league club Blackburn became league champions....It's football.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
£3m is a good price a L 1 player who has had one good season and before that was injury prone - so not surprised they wont turn it down. Few teams would

Would have liked to hold on to him though :(

What it does do though is to put £3m in to the FFP calculation...... which up till now must have looked pretty paltry.

I am assuming this cash flow is not to be swallowed up in loan interest payments of course . :thinking about:

Evans1883

in an ideal world , 3 million is actually a very good bit of business by ccfc , especially if it was to help fund a promotion winning L1 team , 3 mill is more than enough , then there is reality

wingy

Wigan, formerly of non league won the FA Cup. The 70s and 80s lower league club Blackburn became league champions....It's football.

It's also evidence of a grossly mismanaged club denying itself of £3+M revenue and flagrantly damaging It's own competitive status in an industry where reward comes for competing.

woody11462

I notice that they've now confirmed the signing of Swanson. Was wondering what the delay was but i'm presuming it was so they could soften the blow of the Wilson news once that was released.

Evans1883

its so depressing supporting this football club , its an absolute joke , sisu will claim most of the money was spent on legal fees etc , so will blame the council ACL on lack of signings , we are going down , and down and down

Florence1898

Never in doubt that Wilson would go. Will enable Seppala to sweep the money she owes some of her investors, the Club will see zero, they will not pay ACL the £590k they owe, and will never bring any team back home, amazed Pressley cannot see through their tactics, but after all he was a footballer!!

The Gentleman

The sad part when I read that is that I think CCFC, formerly of the PL and winners of the FA cup now a third tier team with no home, shit owners and no prospects.......:(

covcity4life

I'm definitely gonna whack £10 on us to go down. Win Win situation.

this type of shit really pisses me off

your a good guy dont get me wrong but i really hate when people say stuff like the above

no amount of money is gonna make me feel like my beloved football club being relegated is a "win"

money is a meterial object, shouldnt be slaves to it, embrace the love of football!

Skyblueweeman

your a good guy dont get me wrong but i really hate when people say stuff like the above

no amount of money is gonna make me feel like my beloved football club being relegated is a "win"

money is a meterial object, shouldnt be slaves to it, embrace the love of football!

I kind of get what you're saying. It's not a 'win win' situation...it's a defo 'lose win' situation if we were to go down and you had money on it.

WM

lewys33

Yh alright, sorry. It isn't really a win win! But at least I can drown my sorrows in the winnings!

ccfclinney

What a joke !!
3m is a good price for someone who has only played 1 season in league one .. and lets be honest its not a great league.. i just hope we have a sell on clause in the price as well
they neeed to give pressley at least 2 million to reshape the squad then we might have a chance of promotion ..i cant see it though :(

Nick

Administrator
What a joke !!
3m is a good price for someone who has only played 1 season in league one .. and lets be honest its not a great league.. i just hope we have a sell on clause in the price as well
they neeed to give pressley at least 2 million to reshape the squad then we might have a chance of promotion ..i cant see it though :(
Why's it a joke if it's a good price?

rupert_bear

On the basis of he could be a one season wonder £3million if true is a brilliant fee IF it was used to bolster our squad, unfortunately we all know Pressley will be lucky if he gets £300k of it.

SIR ERNIE

£3m isn't a 'good' price, it's the right price and the proof that it's the right price is that at least two clubs are very interested at that price.

Yes he's only performed well for one season in L1 but has shown the sort of qualities that are rare and therefore command a premium: lightning pace and ice cool finishing are qualities that can carry him on to play at a much higher level.

It was always obvious that Sheff U away would be his last game for us and it's a tragedy that the owners denied the fans the opportunity of watching him at his best at the Ricoh.

Any well managed club with a shred of ambition would be building a team around him.

There is no hope with SISU.

stupot07

Any well managed club with a shred of ambition would be building a team around him.

Sorry but every single one of our fellow league one clubs would be selling for £3m IMO.

And when you say 'well managed' are you using the judges definition of not losing £4-6m per annum or the football fan definition of keeping all your best players regardless of the costs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

spider_ricoh

£3m isn't a 'good' price, it's the right price and the proof that it's the right price is that at least two clubs are very interested at that price.

Yes he's only performed well for one season in L1 but has shown the sort of qualities that are rare and therefore command a premium: lightning pace and ice cool finishing are qualities that can carry him on to play at a much higher level.

It was always obvious that Sheff U away would be his last game for us and it's a tragedy that the owners denied the fans the opportunity of watching him at his best at the Ricoh.

What do you expect? Every time we have developed a player worth something, we have sold him or let him leave (in fairness, this trend goes back before SISU) .... witness the list

Westwood
Keogh
Dann
Fox
Turner
Moussa
Gunnanrson
Tabb
Bigi
Juke
Wilson

Actually, that's a pretty decent side. Too bad we played crap mostly even when this lot was playing for us. When you think we've also recently had the likes of Marlon King, McGoldrick, Leon Best, Norwood, Bailey, Murphy, Carsley etc, and now I can barely name dozen players with a first team appearance to their name!!!!

torchomatic

On the basis of he could be a one season wonder £3million if true is a brilliant fee IF it was used to bolster our squad, unfortunately we all know Pressley will be lucky if he gets £300k of it.
We don't all know that at all.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Quote Originally Posted by rupert_bear View Post

Sorry old pal but on the face of it that's utter bollocks. If we don't know that at all could you give examples in the last three years where the owners have re-invested the un-disclosed fees they have got for players?

spider_ricoh

Remember SISU promised that the funds earmarked for King, Gunnar and Westie would go on contracts for new players? That never happened, so it wouldn't be against form for some of this money at least to go into covering losses.

stupot07

Quote Originally Posted by rupert_bear View Post

Sorry old pal but on the face of it that's utter bollocks. If we don't know that at all could you give examples in the last three years where the owners have re-invested the un-disclosed fees they have got for players?

Turner out, Cody mcdonald in ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Samo

I think it's a huge amount of money for someone who'd hung around our youth/b team for a few years and who before the start of last season we would have expected to struggle to even make the squad. He was close to being released wasn't he? And probably would have been if SP had been given money to spend.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread