wilson to go - Norwich or Bournemouth (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Sorry but every single one of our fellow league one clubs would be selling for £3m IMO.

Apart from those going for automatic promotion, I'd agree. But there's no suggestion we should be going for automatic promotion.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Depressing but predictable

This squad at the moment has relegation stamped all over it, we're gonna have to work a minor miracle in the transfer market between now and the end of the August

Sky Blue Harry H

What will be telling is what we replace with throughout the team - if SP thinks he's being completely shafted by SISU, and doesn't think they have a viable strategy, I think think his comments in the press over the next few weeks will show which way he thinks the wind is blowing :thinking about:

fernandopartridge

It's also evidence of a grossly mismanaged club denying itself of £3+M revenue and flagrantly damaging It's own competitive status in an industry where reward comes for competing.
Any other club in this league would sell at that price.
We sold our best players back in the halcyon days.

mattylad

just for once i will actually agree with the clubs stance as the amount of money being talked about is enough to get any club out of this league if its spent wisely and in full!!!

Kingokings204

No one on here will actually argue that 3 million plus is a remarkable price and any owners would sell. With what's go on it adds fuel to the fire unfortunately.

I personally don't have a problem with it and I've been saying like many others it was certain he would go. 100%.

Fact is sisu are asset stripping us as they are an asset stripping business. They have no option now as I said in a detailed post on Wednesday.

Sisu now have two option for our football club now the JR is over and it was "hopeless". Option 1 is to build a new stadium and option 2 is asset strip and then liquidate.

Option 1 isn't really an option as we all know so just leaves option 2 and this is what we are seeing. Adams gone, foster gone and Wilson going all within 4 days after the JR verdict.

Anyone who thinks this is shaping up for a team or tactics are blind. This is classic asset stripping and liquidation. Believe you me.

Lastly make no mistake SP is next to go and he won't last the year I assure you that. After he would of seen Mondays verdict and Wilson sold with no senior strikers and no 3m of Wilson reinvested that will be him gone and once the first round of manager sackings happen in normally September/October then he is gone. He is another asset of the club and he will earn sisu compensation when whoever wants him.

RFC- good luck at sixfields you mug.

stupot07

I would rather he went to Brighton....I haven't forgiven Norwich yet for Bell and Clingan...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sterling Archer

£3m for a player whose had one good season and people expect that to be turned down?

1 good season ... as in his only full season?

I agree, were hardly in a position to turn down £3m but don't belittle Wilson. He was fantastic last season. A shining beacon in a sea of shit.

Good luck to him.

The Gentleman

We don't all know that at all.

The club has had £1.75 million burning a hole in it's pocket after the arsenal game and sale of Leon Clarke (lets not forget the club told us they would cover loses at the start of the season) and the transfer window has been open for quite a while now, so remind me, how much have we spent so far?

The Gentleman

Any other club in this league would sell at that price.
We sold our best players back in the halcyon days.

You're right mate they would. Take Bournemouth for example, sold their best player but look what they have done with the money, straight away trying to spend it on a like for like replacement. Do you think we will do the same? This in itself is why we cannot be compared to any ambitious club in the league and any talk of building a squad looking for promotion is complete shite.

AFCCOVENTRY

Unfortunately the cash from Wilson will not go anywhere near the 1st team. Can you see us buying 2 strikers for £500k each for a real promotion push?

Can't see it happening with Joy and her magic umbrella

Terry Gibson's perm

Unfortunately the cash from Wilson will not go anywhere near the 1st team. Can you see us buying 2 strikers for £500k each for a real promotion push?

It will go on paying for lawyers and then more lawyers and maybe Fisher a razor the scruffy (can't really think what else to add here)

The Gentleman

It's only been open since Tuesday...

And quite a bit of business has been done already, we were told that targets had been identified and could we not have sown up deals like others have before it then just sign after the 1st then the players we want are in for pre season and raring to go. Like I said, that money has been there for a while.

Kingokings204

That's the shame really. With 3.1 million you would think SP would say "right I have no strikers now is this a joke? I want 4 strikers at 250k each and give me a squad"

Sad thing is 1m on 4 strikers is great value and they would be 4 good strikers in this league for that money. Sisu still pocket 2m.

Although to be fair we need another 15 players IMO. Not joking. SP will never last the year with us. He will be next off. 100%

mark82

If/when Wilson goes I hope they have been clever enough to build in a sell on clause. Essential for someone of his potential.

Tank Top

Oh come on. You're not that naive are you? Plus loads of extra cash.

It's been happening for decades.
Yes its true Torch! but here we are again, staring the new season in the face, with the prospect of playing a bits and pieces side cobbled together from other teams rejects, and with our frustrated manager having to start from scratch again, "The onwards and upwards" battle cry, has been replaced with a fast sprint to the "Conference" mind set.

Terry Gibson's perm

Not sure if anybody else has put this but it is a really good move for Wilson obviously financially but also these are both really good family type clubs who will develop him and either way he gets to live in a lovely part of the country and is only one step from the prem.

stupot07

The club has had £1.75 million burning a hole in it's pocket after the arsenal game and sale of Leon Clarke (lets not forget the club told us they would cover loses at the start of the season) and the transfer window has been open for quite a while now, so remind me, how much have we spent so far?

They covered £7.2m losses in our last season at the Ricoh, in which our income also included 2x big cup game paydays (arsenal £ tottenham), selling Bigi and Keogh, compensation for Robins & presumably promotion payments for turner and Gunnar.

The judge points to our financial mismanagement and continual losses and lack of sustainability, of the Clarke/arsenal money will go on operating costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

The Gentleman

They covered £7.2m losses in our last season at the Ricoh, in which our income also included 2x big cup game paydays (arsenal £ tottenham), selling Bigi and Keogh, compensation for Robins & presumably promotion payments for turner and Gunnar.

The judge points to our financial mismanagement and continual losses and lack of sustainability, of the Clarke/arsenal money will go on operating costs.

So you are calling Sisu/Otium liars when they say at the beginning of last season that they have got all of the loses covered. They didn't know that Clarke was leaving then nor did they know about the Arsenal pay day then did they?

Lets not forget that Joy said herself that she would give Pressley a budget to push for promotion. Surely some of that money could have gone to back up what she said.

shmmeee

TBF, don't the accounts state every season that the plan is to sell players to break even?

Users who are viewing this thread