Wilson money to SP. (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

images

Grendel

Wow, what a thought provoking thread.

Sky Blue Kid

@ skyblue1991......I also completely forgot that any player that's "Half Decent" will already be signed up. Silly me!

Grendel

Surely the players who have left were also getting paid or were they playing for nothing as they loved the club so much?

I didn't know existing players get signing in fees and agent payments.

You learn something every day.

shmmeee

Didn't we have a policy of not paying agents fees, or was that a previous regime? Was a good idea whoever it was.

In typical Sisu style, when you actually pick apart the details you'll find that he never actually promises cash being spent on transfers. It says very clearly it'll be the "entire football budget", which as the only thing we do as a business is football is any expenses whatsoever. Even if you take the generous interpretation, there's no promises of spending the cash, he gives the get out of "if we think a player is worth a fee" (or something like that), meaning he can always take the position that no player was worth paying a fee for.

Grendel: If we've spent £4m on agents fees, someone needs shooting.

NorthernWisdom

Didn't we have a policy of not paying agents fees, or was that a previous regime? Was a good idea whoever it was.

That was McGinnity.

And not so much a policy, more the players we were signing were too hopeless to have agents!

Once again however, since the Ranson days money spent on the squad has always been in terms of total value including wages, not transfer fees. The statements were always very carefully worded before... so surprised anybody would be surprised here, either.

Grendel

If we didn't pay agent fees we would make no signings.

shmmeee

If we didn't pay agent fees we would make no signings.

Something something what's new something something.

Some facts:

FL Report on Agents Fees 2012/13 said:
LEAGUE 1
(2011/12 figures in brackets)
• 1,153 (935) player transactions took place in League 1 during this reporting period. Of those transactions, 221 (177) involved the use of an agent.
• Clubs committed to pay £2,229,019 (£1,930,836.38) in agents fees in 2011/12.
• Hartlepool United and Crewe Alexandra did not commit any money to agent’s fees in 2012/13.

Gives an average of about £10k per transfer agents fees.

So that's £60k of the £4m accounted for then ;)

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Cheers, I couldn't remember if it was Ranson or just before Sisu.

Almost scared to quote the piece I found while looking for the agents' fees, as it'll start off shitstorm #4793 ;)

MikeMcGinnity said:
and he will never buy the stadium because the council won't sell it.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...ws/mcginnitys-verdict-things-sky-blue-3142580

Me saying the same thing in 2010 seems to be the top search result when looking for the figures:pointlaugh:

Astute

Something something what's new something something.

Some facts:

Gives an average of about £10k per transfer agents fees.

So that's £60k of the £4m accounted for then ;)

How about the agents fees for the groundsmen who our club are employing to sort out their pitch for them?

Grendel

How about the agents fees for the groundsmen who our club are employing to sort out their pitch for them?

When we were paying £1.3 million a year and match day costs we had to pay a groundsman as well didn't we?

Astute

When we were paying £1.3 million a year and match day costs we had to pay a groundsman as well didn't we?

At least it was for a ground that was ours.

Now it is for a stadium with three stands that nobody wants to go to that isn't ours. But you think it is OK as when the deal about the Ricoh was done the rent had to be so much otherwise it would have needed state funding. And we know what SISU think about that.

Do you still wear platform shoes, flares and collars that are wider than your shoulders? The reason for asking is that you never seem to want to let the past go.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

This wages line is a red herring, surely? Since January we've lost Clarke, Moussa, Murphy and imminently Baker. All high earners at this level. Other loan departures, plus Wilson and Christie. Now I can see Tudgay and Pugh would be on reasonable wages. But nobody else. Looking January to now, I would suggest we have reduced the wage bill and received the Wilson money.

Agents fees on these transfers? Negligible. Do me a favour

Last edited:

wingy

This wages line is a red herring, surely? Since January we've lost Clarke, Moussa, Murphy and imminently Baker. All high earners at this level. Other loan departures, plus Wilson and Christie. Now I can see Tudgay and Pugh would be on reasonable wages. But nobody else. Looking January to now, I would suggest we have reduced the wage bill and rceieved the Wilson money.

I'd think 4 or 5 have received a signing on fee .

wingy

This wages line is a red herring, surely? Since January we've lost Clarke, Moussa, Murphy and imminently Baker. All high earners at this level. Other loan departures, plus Wilson and Christie. Now I can see Tudgay and Pugh would be on reasonable wages. But nobody else. Looking January to now, I would suggest we have reduced the wage bill and received the Wilson money.

And Adams ,guess that gets close to lopping £1M off and achieves the suggested £1.5M for this season.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Any signing on fees we have paid wouldn't even be 5% of the Wilson fee; at a guess. I'm sure the wages, as explained above, are down now compared to January. So, where's any of the Wilson cash being 'handed' to Pressley?

Or is the Wilson money simply covering the lost season ticket sales of the move to Sixfields to distress ACL?

Last edited:

wingy

Any signing on fees we have paid wouldn't even be 5% of the Wilson fee; at a guess. I'm sure the wages, as explained above, are down now compared to January. So, where's any of the Wilson cash being handed to Pressley?

Or is the Wilson money simply covering the lost season ticket sales of the move to Sixfields to distress ACL?

No need to convince me that It's substituting Paying fans,a direct consequence of that Tool moving us and expecting sell outs In Northampton.

Lorksalordy

Wilson fee was touted as "allowing investment in the team" and "made in the interests of giving the best possible chance of gaining promotion this season". Both deliberately ambiguous / non-committal about how that might be achieved.

Stemming the losses from the criminally fucking stupid decision to move could be argued to fulfil both of those criteria with a little stretching . Especially if one had a leaning towards playing with words and looking for weasly get out routes at every opportunity.

shmmeee

Signing on fees tend to be rolled into wages and spread over the length of the contract.

I'm having trouble finding any examples of figures below the Premier League though. Anyone know any examples of L1 signing on fees?

Nick

Administrator
Signing on fees tend to be rolled into wages and spread over the length of the contract.

I'm having trouble finding any examples of figures below the Premier League though. Anyone know any examples of L1 signing on fees?

ruper_bear will know!

wingy

?
So they would affect FFP

Astute

Are the wages on offer so low that our new players have to sign on? How much is dole money these days?

fernandopartridge

Any part of the wage bill in excess of income will be funded through transfer fees. That would be sensible.

Also I think Waggott's comment starts from a lower base I.e. considering the wage bill minus the players we've lost (as without the Wilson money I suspect not so many signings would be made).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread