William Storey (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

The "powers that be" won't install him as owner even if he thinks he's got a good claim of a breach of an exclusivity agreement.
Perhaps he should try and team up with Doug, what with his five top premiership players he has lined up and Doug Kings few bob for new recruits we might be contenders for the premier league title next season.

The Philosopher

Just a reminder:

If this bogan hadn’t tied SISU in an exclusivity deal then SISU might have bought the stadium (I’m sure they could have raised the cash) and a 5 year license not be applicable.

Joy / Tim only had to do a bit of Google to realise their folly before signing that EA.

TRAGIC.

(From their view)

skybluetony176

Just a reminder:

If this bogan hadn’t tied SISU in an exclusivity deal then SISU might have bought the stadium (I’m sure they could have raised the cash) and a 5 year license not be applicable.

Joy / Tim only had to do a bit of Google to realise their folly before signing that EA.

TRAGIC.

(From their view)
Didn’t it turn out that he didn’t have an exclusivity agreement? Hard to keep up but between him and SISU it’s always going be difficult to know what did and didn’t happen.

The Philosopher

Didn’t it turn out that he didn’t have an exclusivity agreement? Hard to keep up but between him and SISU it’s always going be difficult to know what did and didn’t happen.
I’ve no idea either TBF, thought that he did and SISU thought he did - whatever.

Either way, SISU missed the boat. They could have owned the stadium for £20m and a club in the play off places for the jackpot.

NorthernWisdom

Just a reminder:

TRAGIC.

(From their view)
SISU had clearly run out of cash.

Nick

Administrator
Just a reminder:

TRAGIC.

(From their view)

What? They weren't buying shit.

Reactions: AOM

skybluetony176

Alright. SISU had clearly got bored of the attrition game...
I think they had a bunch of lawyers on retainer and thought all they had to do was sit around being a pain in the ass with lawyers that were getting paid either way. I think when wasps went and someone like Ashley turned up with the ability to pay actual money to the administrators for ACL the jig was up. They based their whole strategy on being the only show in town and picking up ACL off the administrators for next to nothing. That’s why they were willing to sell all of a sudden. Fraser group unlike Wasps put to bed there ever being another angle other than coming up with hard cash. I bet they couldn’t believe their luck when King arrived. If they did in fact ever seriously entertain Storey I think you can take that as a pretty concrete evidence that they were desperate in the end to get out.

oldfiver

I think they had a bunch of lawyers on retainer and thought all they had to do was sit around being a pain in the ass with lawyers that were getting paid either way. I think when wasps went and someone like Ashley turned up with the ability to pay actual money to the administrators for ACL the jig was up. They based their whole strategy on being the only show in town and picking up ACL off the administrators for next to nothing. That’s why they were willing to sell all of a sudden. Fraser group unlike Wasps put to bed there ever being another angle other than coming up with hard cash. I bet they couldn’t believe their luck when King arrived. If they did in fact ever seriously entertain Storey I think you can take that as a pretty concrete evidence that they were desperate in the end to get out.
Storey was served with a Notice before Legal Action to stop peddling his nonsense. He then withdrew on some pretext

skybluetony176

Storey was served with a Notice before Legal Action to stop peddling his nonsense. He then withdrew on some pretext
“Some pretext” are you saying that they did entertain him? Presume the pretext is that he claimed to have an exclusivity agreement that he didn’t. I seem to remember that was what he was claiming when the sale to King was announced.

The Philosopher

What? They weren't buying shit.
SISU didn’t need real money to buy the stadium for sub £20m.

Getting finance for the premises you occupy and are paying rent on (and then having additional revenue streams) is a lot easier than just borrowing against fresh air.

It’s like buying your council house: asset at less than market value that you pay rent on. Mortgage is easy because of debt to value ratio and affordability.

SISU could have found the wherewithal to do it and worst case sold Gyok and Gus.

They would loved to have got their hands on the stadium.

You say they “weren’t buying sh**”.

Why?

The Philosopher

“Some pretext” are you saying that they did entertain him? Presume the pretext is that he claimed to have an exclusivity agreement that he didn’t. I seem to remember that was what he was claiming when the sale to King was announced.
The BBC press guy Gilbert said he’d seen strong evidence else he wouldn’t report on it.

I’m going with SISU we’re stupid, signed an EA, got caught flat footed.

The EA was time limited and had expired by the time King cruised in. Storey was claiming that King was negotiating during the EA.

Joy sold to King once she knew she was caught flat. King then tried to buy the stadium but was too slow: MA had an EA with liquidator. The liquidator came in whilst SISU were under Storey EA and Storey couldn’t buy a raffle ticket let alone a stadium.

That’s how I see it.

Last edited:

oldfiver

I said HE withdrew on some pretext

Nick

Administrator

Getting finance for the premises you occupy and are paying rent on (and then having additional revenue streams) is a lot easier than just borrowing against fresh air.

It’s like buying your council house: asset at less than market value that you pay rent on. Mortgage is easy because of debt to value ratio and affordability.

SISU could have found the wherewithal to do it and worst case sold Gyok and Gus.

Why?
I said it because I'm right. If it was so easy and they really wanted it, they would have.

oldfiver

The BBC press guy Gilbert said he’d seen strong evidence else he wouldn’t report on it.

I’m going with SISU we’re stupid, signed an EA, got caught flat footed.

The EA was time limited and had expired by the time King cruised in. Storey was claiming that King was negotiating during the EA.

Joy sold to King once she knew she was caught flat. King then tried to buy the stadium but was too slow: MA had an EA with liquidator. The liquidator came in whilst SISU were under Storey EA and Storey couldn’t buy a raffle ticket let alone a stadium.

That’s how I see it.
There was an agreement to have an EA if Storey showed he had funds. He never put up the evidence of Funds

skybluetony176

I'm amazed tbh that they even indulged him that much given his track record!
I mistakenly thought he might be serious as I’d seen Rich energy sponsor quite a lot in motorsport including OMG racing in the British Super Bikes. As soon as I posted that someone (don’t recall who) pointed me in the direction of articles that it was the in fact the drinks distributor who was the sponsor and nothing to do with Storey whatsoever despite what he was claiming. OMG even had to issue a public statement distancing themselves from Storey and his comments. The thing is I’m just some nobody on the internet who made an assumption that was quickly corrected by someone else on the forum. SISU on the other hand we were continually told are professional, successful business people who know their stuff. This was their Dale Evans moment.

Grendel

Why?

Sisu hadn’t any funds for the football club let alone finding a willing funder for a failed stadium

Oddly they would also have required cash flow of significant proportions - they didn’t have it

The asset isn’t less than market value

utter nonsense

Grendel

They were selling as they couldn’t fund a championship club for an extended period and I assume the investor loans had dried up - king has a hedge fund with Coleman’s brother and will have absorbed the funds into his portfolios - it’s highly likely Sisu will have shares in Covcity co

oldfiver

But did the seriously entertain him?
Read what I said. The introduction came with Hoffman who said the potential investor was valid. And indeed they were people of substance

However they would not admit they were interested. So the limited offer came to nought

Can you imagine the bleating if SISU had not given the opportunity for Storey to fall on his face?

SISU lost nothing but showed up Storey and Hoffman (again)

One of best deals I was involved in involved someone who at first sight was as mad as a hatter and not a penny. Turned out the total opposite and paid well !

skybluetony176

Can you imagine the bleating if SISU had not given the opportunity for Storey to fall on his face?
Well not really. It took about 2 minutes to work out what he’s like. It’s far easier to be bemused why the entertained him at all. Not sure how SISU showed up Hoffman (again). Given they’re the ones that gave him the time of day (apparently twice). Sounds like they showed themselves up if anything. Smacks of desperation to me.

The Philosopher

There’s a load of utter drivel on here that there was no way SISU could have raised 18m£ if they had the opportunity.

At that time, Vik, Gus, Cal (not injured) were worth far more and could have been pre-sold and the contracts raised funds on. Plus the stadium itself was an asset on which lending could have been raised.

SISU’s position would have been far stronger as soon as they owned the stadium.

Storey got involved and tied them up somehow.

SISI were stupid but of course they could have found the money.

Nick

Administrator
There’s a load of utter drivel on here that there was no way SISU could have raised 18m£ if they had the opportunity.

At that time, Vik, Gus, Cal (not injured) were worth far more and could have been pre-sold and the contracts raised funds on. Plus the stadium itself was an asset on which lending could have been raised.

Are you on crack?

Brighton Sky Blue

Sell all those players and use the funds to buy the ground? Am I reading that right?

Users who are viewing this thread