William Storey (4 Viewers)

Grendel

Sell all those players and use the funds to buy the ground? Am I reading that right?

He seems to think a stadium where the preferred bidder purchased at £16m - the best bid - is worth more - which is nonsense as ever

Brighton Sky Blue

He seems to think a stadium where the preferred bidder purchased at £16m - the best bid - is worth more - which is nonsense as ever

He seems to then be arguing that we would sell those 3 players and buy the ground with the proceeds.

The Philosopher

He seems to then be arguing that we would sell those 3 players and buy the ground with the proceeds.
I’m merely stating that SISU under normal conditions could have raised the money had they been not caught flat footed.

To suggest that no one else would pay £16/£18m?

What?

Doug bid more. The EA that MA locked out other bidders.

The stadium not worth £18m?

How much to build a new one?

SISU weren’t interested in the stadium?

Have a word. They put a story on the Times suggesting that there was an opportunity to buy the club and stadium.

There are a lot of “sassholes” on here. Sad sad people who would rather make “you on crack” quips.

Sad.

Sad.

Brighton Sky Blue

I’m merely stating that SISU under normal conditions could have raised the money had they been not caught flat footed.

What?

Have a word. They put a story on the Times suggesting that there was an opportunity to buy the club and stadium.

There are a lot of “sassholes” on here. Sad sad people who would rather make “you on crack” quips.

Sad.

Sad.

Yes but are you seriously suggesting that we might have sold those players and used all the money to bid for the ground?

Nick

Administrator

What?

Sad.

Sad.
Because you talk nonsense. You don't deserve constructive replies!

The Philosopher

Yes but are you seriously suggesting that we might have sold those players and used all the money to bid for the ground?
To suggest SISU couldn’t find the money is nonsense.

They could have raised the finance.

As an absolute last resort they had assets in the form of players. (And bridged the finance if need be)

Read it back.

Last edited:

slowpoke

Reading are in such a financial mess any so called olive branch will do.
I read a while ago a football finance expert saying Reading could be out of business any time soon.

alexccfc99

Reading are in such a financial mess any so called olive branch will do.
I read a while ago a football finance expert saying Reading could be out of business any time soon.
Apparently the administrators will be in within a week anyway

ajsccfc

Good news for Reading fans who'll soon be able to hear about the number of multi-million pound signings he's already lined up, maybe Mark Hateley's head photoshopped on to a staged photo of a board meeting with cans of Rich Energy aplenty

AOM

Good news for Reading fans who'll soon be able to hear about the number of multi-million pound signings he's already lined up, maybe Mark Hateley's head photoshopped on to a staged photo of a board meeting with cans of Rich Energy aplenty

Rich Energy is also the name of their incoming box to box midfield signing

CJ_covblaze

Maybe he's going to pretend to takeover Reading next.
If you want to know what’s going to happen next year ask Frostie.

skyblueeyesrevisited

This deal will fizz out and Reading will be dissolved like the rest of his enterprises. How can he be a F1 sponsor when he didn’t part with any cash?

Paul Anthony

What genuinely baffles me is how anyone can still give this nutcase the time of day. It's not like his entire shady past his hidden away in some dark, murky corner of the Internet, it's all there and quite easily accessible to read and understand.

I know the guy has a way with words, but surely it doesn't take much for anyone with half a brain cell to do some research and look beyond the rather hairy facade at the facts.

Users who are viewing this thread