Will we stay up (1 Viewer)

Will we stay up

• Yes

Votes: 73 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 75 50.7%

• Total voters

clint van damme

If we go 4 at the back I’d prefer Pask but who plays at right back isn’t a deal breaker.

Its always a bit hard to judge when watching on TV but there were a few occasions yesterday when Dacosta wasn't even in shot when they were attacking down the right.

Brighton Sky Blue

Its always a bit hard to judge when watching on TV but there were a few occasions yesterday when Dacosta wasn't even in shot when they were attacking down the right.

Defensively he’s a mess just from having no positional awareness or discipline. Attacking wise he’s obsessed with hitting all his crosses first time whether or not it makes any sense. That said, he does seem to find himself in a lot of space and in good positions in that part of the pitch.

Pask is also liable to the same defensive faults and is no better going forward. To be honest neither is comparable to Dabo who that role was set up for.

clint van damme

Defensively he’s a mess just from having no positional awareness or discipline. Attacking wise he’s obsessed with hitting all his crosses first time whether or not it makes any sense. That said, he does seem to find himself in a lot of space and in good positions in that part of the pitch.

Pask is also liable to the same defensive faults and is no better going forward. To be honest neither is comparable to Dabo who that role was set up for.

I think Pask is a lot better defensively. And I'm not overly impressed with him.

SBT

I think Hamer at RWB makes a lot of sense at this point. Earlier in the season I was against it, just because you should play your best players in their preferred positions. But unfortunately Hamer doesn’t fit into that category anymore, and he’s probably better than our other options there right now.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He finds himself in good positions ironically because he's totally out of position. No player will be expecting someone with even an ounce of positional sense as a wing back to be that far forward.

What I don't understand is surely he must be doing the same in training and if so either why hasn't MR and the coaches drummed it into him not to push so far up or just not picked him because they can't trust him positionally? Even during the game why is no-one hollering at him, either on the pitch or from the sidelines where to stand. This kind of thing should be sinking in by now and if it isn't then it probably never will.

Brighton Sky Blue

He finds himself in good positions ironically because he's totally out of position. No player will be expecting someone with even an ounce of positional sense as a wing back to be that far forward.

What I don't understand is surely he must be doing the same in training and if so either why hasn't MR and the coaches drummed it into him not to push so far up or just not picked him because they can't trust him positionally? Even during the game why is no-one hollering at him, either on the pitch or from the sidelines where to stand. This kind of thing should be sinking in by now and if it isn't then it probably never will.

Maybe his English is too poor but then again you could get Biamou to pass the message. If he wasn’t our player I’d find it hilarious to watch

shmmeee

Honestly mate 4-6 two out and out wingers on each side, two ball winners in the middle, play the ball in behind our full backs (who will be constantly in your half, even when you have the ball) and double up on the space they’ve left, then run at our back 3 with the ball at your feet. Getting you’re central two up in support, defend as a unit attack as a unit.

Oh :(

shmmeee

Dacosta started as RWB in our generally recognised best performance of the season, just saying.

SBT

The PPG/form table is interesting: Championship - relative form

- If the season ended today on PPG we’d stay up
- As bad as we’ve looked lately, our recent form is still better than six other teams in the division, some of whom we could overtake with even a small improvement in form
- Birmingham are the only team around us in better form than usual
- Our current rough spell is still only marginally worse than our form over the whole season, which has kept us out of the relegation zone all year (and continues to do so)

While few of us would bet on us to win at the moment, and as poor as we’ve looked for stretches this season, the results show us that we typically manage to find a win every five games or so regardless. Keeping this form up for the next eight games would be a disaster, but it would also be up there with the biggest anomalies of the season. Having played poorly for three straight games, it seems likely we can find a result somewhere before the end of the season, and we don’t need many of them to stay up.

clint van damme

Didn't say they were - but, be honest, if we could pick any team to face at the moment (lost 7 on the trot at home), they'd be high on the list.

they're away from is decent though. I'm really worried about this one, I expect Rotherham to get something at Wycombe.

Sky Blue Harry H

they're away from is decent though. I'm really worried about this one, I expect Rotherham to get something at Wycombe.

I know it is decent, but they are not particularly motivated, so if we can turn up, I'm not expecting them to show particular grit. I think we will have to play poorly (which I'm not expecting) to mess this up. One thing I did notice about the Blues v Watford game was the fact that although the pitch looked greener, players seemed to not be able to zip the ball about on the pitch (although it was a lot of caveman hoofball, and long throws). Hopefully not so much like that tomorrow,

Cov kid 55

If he plays the same formation and includes Decosta I don’t think I could even watch it
Well, I would still watch, but I would be furious that he’d learnt nothing from the QPR debacle. Need a different right back, Pask, or perhaps Hamer, which would allow us to play Kelly or Eccles, and two up front. I would give Walker and Gyokeres a chance, or one of those with Godden would do.

letsallsingtogether

Yes easy.
Always keep the faith, I think we will win every game always do.
No point in crying and screaming.

Users who are viewing this thread