Will Gary Hoffman... (3 Viewers)

Greggs

It could be Katie Hopkins, Piers Morgan and Donald Trump. Unless they are putting money in they aren't investing.

My daughter could have £50 in birthday money and I say she can buy something for £40. That's not me investing or buying it as it isn't me giving her the money.
No, it's Sisu. So they chose to let more of the money from their business account to be invested in the team?

Greggs

It could be Katie Hopkins, Piers Morgan and Donald Trump. Unless they are putting money in they aren't investing.

My daughter could have £50 in birthday money and I say she can buy something for £40. That's not me investing or buying it as it isn't me giving her the money.
Well what if, rather then spend it on a liability, she spent it on an asset that improved in value? If she then sold that asset for £100, she'd be a good business woman. Then if she invested that £100 in something, then sold it for £200??? If she spent that £200 on a new tv, she wouldnt be investing, she'd be wasting money on a liabilty that will never increase in value. But if she copied them same model that was making her money, it'd be investing.

Nick

Administrator
Well what if, rather then spend it on a liability, she spent it on an asset that improved in value? If she then sold that asset for £100, she'd be a good business woman. Then if she invested that £100 in something, then sold it for £200??? If she spent that £200 on a new tv, she wouldnt be investing, she'd be wasting money on a liabilty that will never increase in value. But if she copied them same model that was making her money, it'd be investing.

Yes, it would be her investing. Not me as I didn't give her any money.

Grendel

SISU are running the club on a cost neutral basis to the parent company with no external funding from another cost centre. Assuming we agree that there are no hidden charges, etc

They’ve already had to find funding twice since that statement was made

Nick

Administrator
You gave her £50 for her birthday i thought? King Contradict here

No, just birthday money in general. Where did I say I gave her the money? I even said I didn't give her the money.

It isn't a contradiction, the only contradiction is to say they have invested to then say the club didn't need investment.

Greggs

You have just quoted me saying I didn't give her any money?

Make up your mind.
You miss the point. Whoever gave your daughter the money, invested £50 doing so, whether it you, your wife or your milkman.

Nick

Administrator
You miss the point. Whoever gave your daughter the money, invested £50 doing so, whether it you, your wife or your milkman.

No, I understand the point fully, It brings us back to it not being SISU who gave the club money (investing). The club generated it itself by selling players.

Greggs

No, I understand the point fully, It brings us back to it not being SISU who gave the club money (investing). The club generated it itself by selling players.
But where did the intiail money come from whilst the club wasnt running at a profit?

Greggs

I do like how you try to be sarcastic when you keep going round in circles.

Nobody has ever mentioned magic beans apart from you.
Because you seem to think that money comes for free! A minute ago, your daughter had £50 birthday money. But you cant explain where it came from?

Nick

Administrator
Because you seem to think that money comes for free! A minute ago, your daughter had £50 birthday money. But you cant explain where it came from?

Birthday money kind of does come for free if you wanted to be picky.

I said it wasn't from me but I allowed her to spend some of it on something. That isn't me giving her any money or "investing". If I gave her the money to go and buy something it would be me investing.

It's really quite simple.

Greggs

Birthday money kind of does come for free if you wanted to be picky.

I said it wasn't from me but I allowed her to spend some of it on something. That isn't me giving her any money or "investing". If I gave her the money to go and buy something it would be me investing.

It's really quite simple.
I took your analogy as father/daughter sisu/ccfc. My bad if i misunderstood

mmttww

Hoffman recently became Chairman of Coventry Building Society. Don't see him sticking that out and going through a messy process to acquire the club.

Nick

Administrator
But why

But why what?

It's really straight forward, if SISU have put money into the club this season to buy players then they have invested in the team this season.

Greggs

But you deciding if she spends it in a way which will make her money, then that is you investing.

Greggs

But why what?

It's really straight forward, if SISU have put money into the club this season to buy players then they have invested in the team this season.
'but why' was an error

Nick

Administrator
But you deciding if she spends it in a way which will make her money, then that is you investing.

So you think Joy and Dermot are scouting players now?

Robins has said it since he has come in, the more money the club brings in the more he gets to spend. Whether it is players going or people through the gates to watch.

Greggs

But why what?

If Sisu control the budget, they have..

Greggs

So you think Joy and Dermot are scouting players now?

Robins has said it since he has come in, the more money the club brings in the more he gets to spend. Whether it is players going or people through the gates to watch.
No, they are just allowing the finances to make it possible

Greggs

They haven't.

Money going from SISU's bank to CCFC's bank is them putting money in....

It's really that straight forward.
Who decides how much money we can spend each year?

Nick

Administrator
No, they are just allowing the finances to make it possible

No, selling players and promotion brought in the finances to make it possible.

If they were investing, they would be handing money over from SISU to CCFC to go and buy players.

It is really simple to understand.

Users who are viewing this thread