Will Gary Hoffman... (1 Viewer)

CCFC54321

make another move now hopefully the court cases are over? Offer wasps for a half of the Ricoh for instance? They can’t afford to pay the £30m back so a half sale would help both sides?

pusbccfc

No.

Terry Gibson's perm

As only Hoffman knows who wants in on the consortium we have no idea if it’s worth, but as Richard Overson is one we can guess that they have reasonable wealth.

Hoffman is not a poor man and Overson a rich man so that’s a good start.

Grendel

As only Hoffman knows who wants in on the consortium we have no idea if it’s worth, but as Richard Overson is one we can guess that they have reasonable wealth.

Hoffman is not a poor man and Overson a rich man so that’s a good start.

Hoffman to my knowledge has never stated any investment from himself in a take over

Evo1883

Who knows , not much left for Sisu.

All we need now is somebody who cares about football to come in and push us forward .

Another thing that will need to happen irrespective of who is in charge is the people of Coventry need to start backing their club properly , it’s all good sitting at home waiting for championship / premiership football to return but it’s like expecting a lottery win if you never buy a ticket

Colin Steins Smile

I’m not sure the legal processes are over. Litigation has been the one consistent strategy of our owners. I think they could attempt to raise a case in the Supreme Court . I just wish they’d put their efforts into the club and build on the recent improvements on the pitch

Evo1883

If you were up in court against SISUs lawyers , you’d be a happy person wouldn’t you .
Do they ever win ?

Terry Gibson's perm

Hoffman to my knowledge has never stated any investment from himself in a take over

But he hasn’t said he isn’t it’s all guess work from us. For them to buy though you have to have somebody interested in selling and placing it at the correct price Sisu need to move away from the idea on getting a return on their investment as it is very unlikely to ever happen

pusbccfc

Who knows , not much left for Sisu.

All we need now is somebody who cares about football to come in and push us forward .

Another thing that will need to happen irrespective of who is in charge is the people of Coventry need to start backing their club properly , it’s all good sitting at home waiting for championship / premiership football to return but it’s like expecting a lottery win if you never buy a ticket

I actually think SISU have their eyes firmly on the Championship.

The Championship is a completely different world to the one we left many years ago.

A Coventry City side in the Championship with the size of some of the clubs their gets us an average of around 20,000 a week (most away sides would bring 3000+). I don't think we're a million miles away from a top 6 finish in this season and I'm sure SISU think the same (look at the money they've invested this season).

Nick

Administrator

The Championship is a completely different world to the one we left many years ago.

A Coventry City side in the Championship with the size of some of the clubs their gets us an average of around 20,000 a week (most away sides would bring 3000+). I don't think we're a million miles away from a top 6 finish in this season and I'm sure SISU think the same (look at the money they've invested this season).

Just to correct you, sisu haven't invested. Need to get away from any slight chance of people thinking that.

Captain Dart

They have not put any money in, they are just spending income.
Most clubs in the Championship make a loss (19 of 24).
If they do achieve promotion, a genuine possibility, then they will probably want to sell.

Captain Dart

make another move now hopefully the court cases are over? Offer wasps for a half of the Ricoh for instance? They can’t afford to pay the £30m back so a half sale would help both sides?
Not going to happen, its probably a fight to the death, SISU vs Wasps Holdings.

Captain Dart

I’m not sure the legal processes are over. Litigation has been the one consistent strategy of our owners. I think they could attempt to raise a case in the Supreme Court . I just wish they’d put their efforts into the club and build on the recent improvements on the pitch

Risky move, Timmy will have to activate plan B and any venue that isn't the Ricoh will result in major losses.

mark_ccfc

I think SISU are deliberately not stating whether they are continuing legal action and saying they want to stay at the Ricoh to put pressure on Wasps to get the best deal they can. They have put the ball firmly in Wasps court now.

christonabike

I can see it now a 5 year agreement and Wasps are happy and we get to the championship and Sisu sell up and new owner buys Wasps share if they haven’t fooked off.
When we were in decline it was a different situation now we are on a roll it may be different.

Sick Boy

Yeah Wasps are our friends and will almost certainly offer us half of the arena at a knocked down price and no need to take out on the debt.

Captain Dart

I think SISU are deliberately not stating whether they are continuing legal action and saying they want to stay at the Ricoh to put pressure on Wasps to get the best deal they can. They have put the ball firmly in Wasps court now.

I don't believe Wasps will decide anything about a new ground deal till the prospect of court action is withdrawn, do you?

stay_up_skyblues

As much as I want the owners to move on, the last offer from Hoffman & Co didn’t seem to suggest future stability and/or growth. Didn’t they promise SISU 50% of all future prize money and transfer fees for a set number of years or until we got to the premier? Im sure it was something along those lines. So for example this season, given that transfer fees have allegedly paid for our playing budget, then said budget would be vastly reduced. Unless of course the group would have made up the difference, but I’m not convinced they would. If they were proposing to invest heavily, then why not just make a bigger up front offer but retain future income 100%? I’m not sure that group in it’s particular guise in the answer and doubt very much they would be fronting the money needed to buy, in part or in full, the stadium/long term lease.

Users who are viewing this thread