Wigan Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Just makes me laugh that Mowbray made the mistake but none of the players or coaching staff noticed and it took the fans to point it out. If social media wasn't around they would have actually fielded an ineligle team

It's ridiculous really. As you say without social media we'd have fielded the squad as it is.

It does sum up mowbrays whole demeanour to me. It's casual and lacks discipline. He clearly has many talents as a manager but has an equal amount of weaknesses. It's slap dash nonsense like this that shows why he has to go.

Nick

Administrator
How do we know that it was thanks to social media?
It's just as likely a member of the coaching staff was running over the team and noticed it surely?

Of course it was social media, they shout the loudest.

I bet it also isn't Mowbray's fault too!

ccfchoi87

How do we know that it was thanks to social media?
It's just as likely a member of the coaching staff was running over the team and noticed it surely?
Well surely the coaching staff would have seen the team before it was announced on social media so why would they not say something then before hand?

bawtryneal

It's ridiculous really. As you say without social media we'd have fielded the squad as it is.

It does sum up mowbrays whole demeanour to me. It's casual and lacks discipline. He clearly has many talents as a manager but has an equal amount of weaknesses. It's slap dash nonsense like this that shows why he has to go.

What a load of bollox.

shmmeee

Imagine the look on his face when he was told :laugh:

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
The love for Maddison is cringworthy, grown men calling him #JM10 and saying how he will be angry etc etc.

Grendel

What a load of bollox.

So if we'd still been in the play offs and this incident cost us a play off place that to you is an acceptable code of management?

Nick

Administrator
Hopefully the pace of Armstrong and Jones down the wings can cause issues, just worrying about the defensive side of them helping the full backs :(

bawtryneal

So if we'd still been in the play offs and this incident cost us a play off place that to you is an acceptable code of management?

its just you speak with such authority. Mowbrey doesn't fill out the team sheet, Oggy does. Maybe his mistake. My understanding is Maddison was never down to play.

Anyway, game started. PUSB. Let's have an away win.

skybluegod

Well surely the coaching staff would have seen the team before it was announced on social media so why would they not say something then before hand?

Maybe it was just the Twitter account putting out the wrong team?
I seriously doubt that it was Social media, i'm certain, Ricketts even would have maybe picked up on it, or one of the 6 loans.
I love how people overreact to a simple mistake. I'd love to come and watch all of you work, and never make a mistake.

ccfchoi87

I seriously doubt that it was Social media, i'm certain, Ricketts even would have maybe picked up on it, or one of the 6 loans.
I love how people overreact to a simple mistake. I'd love to come and watch all of you work, and never make a mistake.

So both Twitter and CWR read out the wrong team? Don't think so

Nick

Administrator

People saying we will be a laughing stock.

I am still laughing from when Rochdale did it against us.*

*I didnt know, or care.

SkyBlue_Bear83

823f1e386aceebec832af99e8dbf8367.png

Last edited:

chiefdave

The team sheet that the FL use is handwritten and signed isn't it? That one is the one given to the media.

skybluegod

Need Burton to beat Scunthorpe! Fight for 12th.

No, we are going to win all 6 of our last games, sneak the play offs, then Reda Johnson is going to come back form injury just in time to score a last minute header at Wembley against Walsall. Optimism Nick ;)

Users who are viewing this thread