Wigan Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I said last week might be the one we win, I hope we win and have the inkling of a 3-1 win. On the other hand a 4-2 loss!

Maddison set to return apparently.

wiganlad123

if your comparing us to your 2-0 win first game of the season your in for a real shock...that was a new team early doors.

4-0 home win

Hobo

A draw would be a really good result and another step forward from last week.

runner

Going to get beat .. simples, our defence is better than of late, so probably beat, but not hammered ... 3 v 1 to Wigan.

malkitccfc

4-1 defeat. It happens when you're playing the biggest team in the league. Lets all enjoy our big day out

Otis

Think it could be 3 or 4, or even more possibly.

Not sure if Wigan will get any in reply though. ;)

Terry Gibson's perm

3v1 to Wigan, obviously our team had been together years before we played them early season and theirs had met in the car park before the game.

Paxman II

Funny feeling about this game. Wigan flying but sooner or later that always derails a little and they will have a couple of scrappy games. They are due one about now and we have some semblance of order coming back about us so we may nick this one just when you least expect it and complete the double on the team going up. Armstrong due a goal and game hungry as is Madison. New boy Jones will have a platform here so expect something from him. Fleck has to have a good game against good opposition to master a move away. If Maddison does not want another season on loan he must step up and prove his potential in these remaining games. Same goes for Armstrong who must show his eye for goal was no early season wonder.
So all in all think we can win. Now I've said all that we'll lose 5-1 and our season will be in tatters and this board will become a shrine to negativity for a week. :)

fernandopartridge

Funny feeling about this game. Wigan flying but sooner or later that always derails a little and they will have a couple of scrappy games. They are due one about now and we have some semblance of order coming back about us so we may nick this one just when you least expect it and complete the double on the team going up. Armstrong due a goal and game hungry as is Madison. New boy Jones will have a platform here so expect something from him. Fleck has to have a good game against good opposition to master a move away. If Maddison does not want another season on loan he must step up and prove his potential in these remaining games. Same goes for Armstrong who must show his eye for goal was no early season wonder.
So all in all think we can win. Now I've said all that we'll lose 5-1 and our season will be in tatters and this board will become a shrine to negativity for a week. :)

I don't see any reason for Maddison to play to be honest, sub at best.

pusbccfc

2-0 win.

Only the second time I have predicted us to win this season. It will be typical for these players to turn up and perform when there is nothing to play for.

lifeskyblue

Gonna be a tough one. I'd take a draw.

They'll be in a high, our season is all but open, so chances are we'll turn up and steal all 3 points and prove that the fat lady is only just clearing her throat!

Yep id take a draw. It would be an excellent result. Might also give us hope for next season. I just hope we give youth a chance and TM doesn't play safe.

chiefdave

Can't see us winning this. To be honest the way things have been recently I'm not convinced we'll see another win this season.

Gint11

We are in for a hiding Saturday if we concede an early goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CV22SBA

Got a good feeling about this one, hopefully we won’t get intimidated by the massive 8K crowd!
2 nil city

Gazolba

I would have said, give Sambou a start but now its too late for that. I'd probably start with Tudgay and Henderson since they can help in defending set pieces. But TM will probably employ the same old tactic, Fortune as a lone striker. 2-1 defeat but I wont be that surprised if we pull off a shock win.

johnwillomagic

I think we will play well but lose 1-0 to end any lingering play off hopes/excitement for the eternally optimistic
fans.......we need to win to have any chance of play offs and win every other game......like others have said
cannot see it happening.

Teamwise I would like to go flat 4-4-2 this week and continue to experiment a little.

RCC GK
Phillips RB
Stevens CB
Martin CB
Ricketts LB
Murphy LM
Jones RM
Vincelot CM
Fleck CM
Tudguy ST (Please let him start up top with Arma)!!
Armstrong ST

Subs: Addai, Lorentzon, Hunt, Rose, Cole, Maddison, Fortune

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Interesting comments from TM – basically saying we’re not going to go there to grind out a scrappy 0-0 and we need to take the game to Wigan, which is the right approach. As he says, we win the next 4 on the bounce it puts us on 69 points and makes the last 2 very interesting. Unlikely I know, but may as well show a little optimism.

RCC

Phillips
Stephens
Martin
Ricketts

Bigi
Fleck

Jones
Vincelot
Cole

Tudgay

Subs: Addai, Lorentzson, Hunt, Lameiras/Maddison, Murphy, Armstrong, Fortune

Skyblueweeman

I'd be surprised if we come out of this with anything less than a 2 goal deficit.

I reckon it'll be 2 or 3-0 to Wigan.

fernandopartridge

I'd be surprised if we come out of this with anything less than a 2 goal deficit.

I reckon it'll be 2 or 3-0 to Wigan.

Why?

We haven't generally been well beaten often at all, we're playing Wigan Athletic. They're going well but not invincible.

I'll probably eat my words mind.

I'd start with the side that finished at Gillingham:

RCC
Lorentzon
Martin
Stephens
Ricketts
Fleck
Bigi
Vincelot
Jones
Armstrong
Tudgay

Armstrong playing on a wing but coming in to support Tudgay as much as possible, same with Jones.

oucho

Interesting comments from TM – basically saying we’re not going to go there to grind out a scrappy 0-0 and we need to take the game to Wigan, which is the right approach. As he says, we win the next 4 on the bounce it puts us on 69 points and makes the last 2 very interesting. Unlikely I know, but may as well show a little optimism.

RCC

Phillips
Stephens
Martin
Ricketts

Bigi
Fleck

Jones
Vincelot
Cole

Tudgay

Subs: Addai, Lorentzson, Hunt, Lameiras/Maddison, Murphy, Armstrong, Fortune

No chance will he leave all of Murphy, Arma and Maddison on the bench for this one!

Will be more like: RCC, Phillips, Ricketts, Stephens, Martin, Fleck, Vincelot, Maddison, Jones, Arma, Tuddy. - 442 with Madders and Jones on the wing.

mrtrench

I think we will win. I'm even going to change my prediction in the competition. We never perform as expected.

Nick

Administrator
No chance will he leave all of Murphy, Arma and Maddison on the bench for this one!

Will be more like: RCC, Phillips, Ricketts, Stephens, Martin, Fleck, Vincelot, Maddison, Jones, Arma, Tuddy. - 442 with Madders and Jones on the wing.
Maddison on the wing???? Mowbray should be fired in the spot if he tries that again

mrtrench

Why do we have 107 central midfielders and two (possibly 1 if you believe that Murphy is better centrally) wingers?

ccfcmad1

Got to try and be optimistic hope Wigan have a bad day and we play to our best 2-1 city PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread