Why staying up might be easier than we think... (1 Viewer)

CUS Wyken

Bulko is right though... How do we know what finances other teams are in? If Pompey were that bad then surely they'd be docked points by now? The longer it goes the points will be deducted next season...

Brighton Sky Blue

Did people start having a go at Brighton Sky Blue for saying something that was actually said by Bulkingtonskyblue?! It was Bulkington that said "moron"..Brighton was agreeing with Rev!

I agreed with Rev and Mexico's points-Mexico insulted my post which essentially agreed with him, hence I called him a moron. Brighton and Bulkington are two very different places!

The Reverend Skyblue

Bulko is right though... How do we know what finances other teams are in? If Pompey were that bad then surely they'd be docked points by now? The longer it goes the points will be deducted next season...

i believe they are due in court either on the 12 or 17th of Feb and that is when the league will decide to deduct points. I don't think its fair on the other clubs the league taking this long to decide and i bet if it was us in court the points decision would have been taken already.

if they do get away with a points deduction i will be suprised. This is my opinion only and not fact, if it is wrong i apologise but please enter your abuse when or if you feel like it

The Rev

CUS Wyken

i believe they are due in court either on the 12 or 17th of Feb and that is when the league will decide to deduct points. I don't think its fair on the other clubs the league taking this long to decide and i bet if it was us in court the points decision would have been taken already.

if they do get away with a points deduction i will be suprised. This is my opinion only and not fact, if it is wrong i apologise but please enter your abuse when or if you feel like it

The Rev

Eh.... why would I abuse you?

@richh87

I think the Pompey figures are in the public domain and that they are certain to go into admin shortly.

I believe there's a cut-off date in the season coming up, after which the FA can decide to dock the points this season OR next to ensure It hurts teams. So if Pompey finish 11 points clear this season they deduct them next season instead.

Think that's right - abuse me if i'm wrong ;)

I'm off to grease my musket (a euphemism) :pimp:

Nonleagueherewecome

That's dirtier than my "log out" gag the other day Rich..

EleanorRigby

Doherty's death might help Forest, he seemed to frighten off a few possible vendors. Just shows though only 54 and someone else will enjoy his millions, bet they enjoy his wake.

@richh87

Becomes a bit desperate though that we are now relying on teams suffering points deductions to stay up.

Extremely desperate - but it's what we've been reduced to :(

I think there's a possibility though that at least 1 team will get relegated because of it.

Brighton Sky Blue

The Rev

BBC South say the Pompey hearing is due on the 20th. ;)

skyblueinBaku

BBC South say the Pompey hearing is due on the 20th. ;)
The local radio station has mentioned the 20th, too. Also, I agree with an earlier post that Peterborough will soon be well in the relegation mix.

AFCCOVENTRY

So are we hoping everyone will be docked points? :D

Well that is ok then... we only have to sort out the problem of not winning games...

Now how do we do that? :facepalm:

@richh87

So are we hoping everyone will be docked points? :D

Well that is ok then... we only have to sort out the problem of not winning games...

Now how do we do that? :facepalm:

It gives us more of a chance though ;) We're still a bit shit obviously.

Maybe SISU knew all this and are geniuses...

...Or maybe they're still wankers who don't care about CCFC.

One thing we have got going for us is a great team spirit. It's unusual for a team in the position we're in to have that. Despite the number of setbacks we've suffered this season they're still battling and competing in each game which is impressive if nothing else.

The Reverend Skyblue

Eh.... why would I abuse you?

CUS, I agree we don't know and won't find out the true state Pompey are in until the court date, I have read that they have exhausted the search for a new owner as they are in such a bad way. It will be interesting when it all comes out, but i feel for a second spell of admin you should get more than a 10 point penalty.

I'm glad this thread is over and we can all be friends again, I respect yours and everyone else's view on here, it just does'nt need to get so personal sometimes, and again i'm not referring to you in any way.

The Rev

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
When people start calling other people idiots, remember Im the biggest fooking idiot on here and im proud of it so don't you forget it.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am the biggest fookin' idiot!!!

hist3.jpg

Colonel Mustard

It gives us more of a chance though ;) We're still a bit shit obviously.

Maybe SISU knew all this and are geniuses...

...Or maybe they're still wankers who don't care about CCFC.

It's a bit ironic that you're hoping for teams to hit administration in order to save CCFC, but then slag off SISU who have ostensibly cut costs in order to avoid administration.

cathedraltospare

I think you have a point actually!

If you look at the table now the bottom 3 are 5 points adrift of everyone else. If doncaster and forrest keep losing and we overtake them then a portsmouth disaster would indeed keep us up. At the moment we are 7 points from safety but if portsmouth were to suddenly join us, donny and forrest at the bottom then it's game on and 1 of those 4 teams can easily stay up!

our goal difference is also pretty good - if we had managed to hold on against ipswich then we'd already be 22nd so perhaps staying up IS easier than we think...

@richh87

If you look at the table now the bottom 3 are 5 points adrift of everyone else. If doncaster and forrest keep losing and we overtake them then a portsmouth disaster would indeed keep us up. At the moment we are 7 points from safety but if portsmouth were to suddenly join us, donny and forrest at the bottom then it's game on and 1 of those 4 teams can easily stay up!

our goal difference is also pretty good - if we had managed to hold on against ipswich then we'd already be 22nd so perhaps staying up IS easier than we think...

My thinking exactly. It's more achievable than we think.

I'm sure we'll cock it up though.

torchomatic

I totally agree,Rev. I think they get worked up because they realise that SISUreally aren't as evil as they are made out. They're stupid yes, but there are worse owners to have. Indont think their brains can cope with the knowledge.

Brighton skyblue or mexico 88

I have nothing against what you have said, i think you may be agreeing to the same thing ,but your wires are crossed.

Why do people ,like the bloke i'm having an faceless internet argument with, have to scream obsenities back when an innocent Opening poster asks a simple question or gives his harmless point of view ?

The Rev

Astute

I feel like keeping out of this one. Have had enough abuse from saying we can stay up and that AT is doing well to keep the players confidence up with everything that is going on and doibg it without decent goalscoring strikers.

@richh87

It's a bit ironic that you're hoping for teams to hit administration in order to save CCFC, but then slag off SISU who have ostensibly cut costs in order to avoid administration.

It is ironic!

I can want other teams to have financial difficulties whilst hating SISU for idly sitting by while we get relegated - almost as if what league we play in is immaterial.

I don't want to get into the SISU debate on this thread but there's a difference between being prudent and being uncompetitive.

Users who are viewing this thread