Why staying up might be easier than we think... (1 Viewer)

@richh87

With Pompey about to head into administration they will surely be docked 10 points. Currently that would put them 2 points ahead of us.

Forest's owner has sadly just passed away - with the club owing him £75million in loans allegedly. He had vowed never to ask for this to be repaid - but will the beneficiaries of his will be as kind?. If not then they too could be in danger of administration...

Most Championship clubs are screwed financially - maybe another will suffer the same fate?

Now I'm not saying we will stay up - but could play a big part...

KersleyDigs

I'm sure his beneficiaries would respect their dead reletives wishes and not ask for the money back.

Clutching at a lot of straws there!!!

With Pompey about to head into administration they will surely be docked 10 points. Currently that would put them 2 points ahead of us.

Forest's owner has sadly just passed away - with the club owing him £75million in loans allegedly. He had vowed never to ask for this to be repaid - but will the beneficiaries of his will be as kind?. If not then they too could be in danger of administration...

Most Championship clubs are screwed financially - maybe another will suffer the same fate?

Now I'm not saying we will stay up - but could play a big part...

clueless idiot. our finances are worse than any of the mentioned clubs

The Reverend Skyblue

Why the fuck do you have to get so bloody offensive, when someone harmlessly asks or put there point of view across

Your a know all and an immature one at that , and a complete bell-end, there you are my opinion of you. Can't you say, yes i agree, no I don't, then you give reason's why you think like that.

If you look into the subject matter, we DO NOT have the worst finances than the two clubs mentioned , do you know what Pompey owe at all, they can't even afford to pay there staff and you think we're worse than that, so you got offensive on a subject you know fuck all about.

The Rev

Last edited:

Paxman II

CCFC is debt free. Twisted but true.

Pompey will lose more than 10 points should it happen.

Forest form worse than ours.

Bristol City certainly not out of the woods and looking shamefully bad.

There's hope peoples, hope.

Brighton Sky Blue

CCFC is debt free. Twisted but true.

Pompey will lose more than 10 points should it happen.

Forest form worse than ours.

Bristol City certainly not out of the woods and looking shamefully bad.

There's hope peoples, hope.

Not excluding a Millwall team determined to give the bottom 3 every chance of catching them up.

Why the fuck do you have to get so bloody offensive, when someone harmlessly asks or put there point of view across

Your a know all and an immature one at that , and a complete bell-end, there you are my opinion of you. Can't you say, yes i agree, no I don't, then you give reason's why you think like that.

If you look into the subject matter, we DO NOT have the worst finances than the two clubs mentioned , do you know what Pompey owe at all, they can't even afford to pay there staff and you think we're worse than that, so you got offensive on a subject you know fuck all about.

The Rev
so ur a know all are you? so tell me how forest and pompeys finances are worse than ours ? they both have massive wage bills but seem to be paying them, they own there own grounds, come on then, im looking forward to ur inside knowledge. strange bloke

mexico88

I wasn't even going to reply to this thread, but when I saw yet another forum member insulting another forum member, behind the faceless username - I thought... why not.

1. He is not a clueless idiot - it's his opinion.
2. You are wrong - Pompey have been served a winding up order. That means their finances are in a worse state than ours - fact.

If you're going to offend someone for no real reason - at least get your facts right! :facepalm:

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

so ur a know all are you? so tell me how forest and pompeys finances are worse than ours ? they both have massive wage bills but seem to be paying them, they own there own grounds, come on then, im looking forward to ur inside knowledge. strange bloke

Pompey are still faced with a winding up petition over unpaid tax bills with total worth £1.6 million. That comes from them having a choice between keeping players, or paying their bills-they chose the former, and are now in big trouble (again) with the taxman because of it. Forest's recently deceased owner was propping the club up with his own money for the best part of over 10 years, and put the club up for sale around this season because he couldn't keep putting the money in. They sold their best defender to Leicester last month, and are relying on a dwindling amount of cash from the Doughty family to stay afloat.
So no, I would say that neither club's finances are in much healthier state than our own. I don't claim to have inside info on this; all of this stuff is out in public. :)

WillieStanley

Um... The Rev did just state the estimated figure that Pompey's debt is.

I think it was the "clueless idiot" part of your post that rubbed him up the wrong way and, tbh, there was no need mate.

The soothsayer

When people start calling other people idiots, remember Im the biggest fooking idiot on here and im proud of it so don't you forget it.

mexico88

Pompey are still faced with a winding up petition over unpaid tax bills with total worth £1.6 million. That comes from them having a choice between keeping players, or paying their bills-they chose the former, and are now in big trouble (again) with the taxman because of it. Forest's recently deceased owner was propping the club up with his own money for the best part of over 10 years, and put the club up for sale around this season because he couldn't keep putting the money in. They sold their best defender to Leicester last month, and are relying on a dwindling amount of cash from the Doughty family to stay afloat.
So no, I would say that neither club's finances are in much healthier state than our own. I don't claim to have inside info on this; all of this stuff is out in public. :)

Seriously, you are laughably stupid. I'm not going to reply any more.

It not a choice you pleb. It's called not having enough money to keep paying the bills! It really is simples - perhaps not unlike you.

The Reverend Skyblue

I know FA about Forest's position so i will not qoute on it, but Pompey is in a dreadful state,as other posters have already pointed out.

135 million, not owning Ground, not paid staff, 2 previous owners owed multi millions ,no assetts, and one previous owner Gaydemak, is not shifting at all and wants his money back , nothing more nothing less.

Two months behind,£1.6 million already in tax, and looking like going into Administration. Are we worse than this , which you clearly stated we are

I got pissed off in the first place because you got really abusive to an innocent poster, wether he's wrong or right, why did you have try to belittle him for no reason.

The Rev

Brighton Sky Blue

Seriously, you are laughably stupid. I'm not going to reply any more.

It not a choice you pleb. It's called not paying the bills! It really is simples - perhaps not unlike you.

All hail the Mexican keyboard warrior. Moron.

The Reverend Skyblue

Brighton skyblue or mexico 88

I have nothing against what you have said, i think you may be agreeing to the same thing ,but your wires are crossed.

Why do people ,like the bloke i'm having an faceless internet argument with, have to scream obsenities back when an innocent Opening poster asks a simple question or gives his harmless point of view ?

The Rev

The soothsayer

I know FA about Forest's position so i will not qoute on it, but Pompey is in a dreadful state,as other posters have already pointed out.

135 million, not owning Ground, not paid staff, 2 previous owners owed multi millions ,no assetts, and one previous owner Gaydemak, is not shifting at all and wants his money back , nothing more nothing less.

Two months behind,£1.6 million already in tax, and looking like going into Administration. Are we worse than this , which you clearly stated we are

I got pissed off in the first place because you got really abusive to an innocent poster, wether he's wrong or right, why did you have try to belittle him for no reason.

The Rev

doughty had a written agreement to finance forest for the next two years, thats in the region of 25 million. they sold a youngster to chelsea for 1.5 million aswell.

Brighton Sky Blue

I have nothing against what you have said, i think you may be agreeing to the same thing ,but your wires are crossed.

Why do people ,like the bloke i'm having an faceless internet argument with, have to scream obsenities back when an innocent Opening poster asks a simple question or gives his harmless point of view ?

The Rev

Probably because forums like this are faceless and people like being able to say what they probably wouldn't have the bottle to say in real life.

Brighton Sky Blue

and yet pompy were still allowed to turn down offers for players

They turned down offers equal to the sum of their unpaid tax bills-and when Ipswich raised the offer, they still turned it down. That, I would say, is having the choice to cash in on a few players and pay the bills, or reject the offers and continue not paying them; or am I mistaken?

Maybe i'm on my own but aswell as Forest, Doncaster, Millwall, Pompey,Ipswich and Bristol , I seem to think Peterborough will get sucked into the battle at some stage also but anyone above this "group" i think is safe. That's how I see the relegation battle unfolding I think all those teams have unpredictable results each week.

Moff

The Rev

Rev,

I am with your sermon on this one, and sing from your wise hymn sheet.

We all differ in opinion, so there really isnt a need for personal insults.

I suggest we hire a field, all wear leather gloves, and slap those who have insulted us in the face with the glove, challenging the blighters to a duel.

I have oiled my musket in readiness for such an event (not a euphemism ;))

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Not excluding a Millwall team determined to give the bottom 3 every chance of catching them up.

Can't honestly see how them beating Southampton the other night fits into this theory? They're out of sight now!

Nonleagueherewecome

Did people start having a go at Brighton Sky Blue for saying something that was actually said by Bulkingtonskyblue?! It was Bulkington that said "moron"..Brighton was agreeing with Rev!

Nonleagueherewecome

That was an FA cup tie, Millwall are 4th from bottom so if they are out of sight then who is in sight?

Ah fair enough. That's cheered me up no end, actually!

Nonleagueherewecome

Maybe i'm on my own but aswell as Forest, Doncaster, Millwall, Pompey,Ipswich and Bristol , I seem to think Peterborough will get sucked into the battle at some stage also but anyone above this "group" i think is safe. That's how I see the relegation battle unfolding I think all those teams have unpredictable results each week.

Pboro defence is pants, but boy can they score goals! That Paul Taylor effort on Saturday was every bit as stunning technically as Cisse's goal for Newcastle, but being The Championship, nobody notices, let alone hypes it. Not bad for a reformed coke-head! And yet another cracking player we could have signed for free who is doing well at our level :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread