Why NO Protests outside the Council House? (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Isn't that what the trust is for though? It is fair enough saying do it yourself but when the idea on here for the old boys game at the ricoh to get at sisu it was jumped on like a rash...

the trust aren't going to use every single suggestion that's put out there. it's pretty simple really, just needs one of the people on here moaning to set a date and a time, tell the telegraph and CWR and tell the police and off you go. surely if people felt that strongly they'd do something about it, if they can't be bothered (or are concerned that next to noone will show up) why keep moaning it isn't being organised by someone else? That just comes off as looking for something to complain about.

DazzleTommyDazzle

the trust aren't going to use every single suggestion that's put out there. it's pretty simple really, just needs one of the people on here moaning to set a date and a time, tell the telegraph and CWR and tell the police and off you go. surely if people felt that strongly they'd do something about it, if they can't be bothered (or are concerned that next to noone will show up) why keep moaning it isn't being organised by someone else? That just comes off as looking for something to complain about.

Perhaps they're not really convinced that many people share their view?

Nick

Administrator

If things are so simple why is there a trust?

I paid the trust to represent, where are they?

I am not saying they would use every suggestion, just the ones against sisu ;)

Grendel

But unless their situation is exactly the same as ours (which it isn't) then its not really a relevant argument.

No situation is identical. Go and look at Swansea city and geniunely say which council supported the club more - us or theirs.

Grendel

I have to say I find that a bizarre response. It has absolutely nothing to do with my question - which council treated the club better - theirs or ours.

There is a real serious point here. Until our supporters acknowledge that the club has been treated poorly by the council we will never move on. It's actually ridiculous to believe we have. We have paid the largest rent of any council owned ground outside the premier league with the most restricted revenues. That has been hugely prohibitive and until supporters really acknowledge the issue we geniunely have no chance ever of returning and growing.

ohitsaidwalker king power

I have to say I find that a bizarre response. It has absolutely nothing to do with my question - which council treated the club better - theirs or ours.

There is a real serious point here. Until our supporters acknowledge that the club has been treated poorly by the council we will never move on. It's actually ridiculous to believe we have. We have paid the largest rent of any council owned ground outside the premier league with the most restricted revenues. That has been hugely prohibitive and until supporters really acknowledge the issue we geniunely have no chance ever of returning and growing.

I agree.. was nothing to do with your question.. other than it was Swansea....Post us the links please that paint Swansea Council as the Benchmark-treated poorly by the council you say.......ONLY the council?

letsallsingtogether

Why does it matter? SISU took our team away and the blamed everyone but themselves it was all CCC fault it was BR it was JH it was the fans bollox the lot of it they don't give a fuck about us could have had the ground for free would have still blamed the pies and car parking need to open your eyes..
I support CCFC not CCC unfortunately we are owned by a bunch of scoundrels Heartbreaking really heartbreaking.

Why does it matter? SISU took our team away and the blamed everyone but themselves it was all CCC fault it was BR it was JH it was the fans bollox the lot of it they don't give a fuck about us could have had the ground for free would have still blamed the pies and car parking need to open your eyes..
I support CCFC not CCC unfortunately we are owned by a bunch of scoundrels Heartbreaking really heartbreaking.

A passionate heartfelt conclusion....

shropshirecov

Agree. The local economy has benefited massively in Swansea since Premier League football came to the City. Bizarrely Coventry City Council would charge more, not less if the club were to move up the leagues! People on here won't admit it, but they'd be seething if the club got to play at the Ricoh for next to nothing and keep the revenue it generated.
That's how bitter they've become.

Agree. The local economy has benefited massively in Swansea since Premier League football came to the City. Bizarrely Coventry City Council would charge more, not less if the club were to move up the leagues! People on here won't admit it, but they'd be seething if the club got to play at the Ricoh for next to nothing and keep the revenue it generated.
That's how bitter they've become.

I'd also be seething if these unscrupulous owners acquired the Ricoh as per their original plan for peppercorn money.

So wheres the middle ground where all can have a share of the equity, and profit?

simple_simon

Why has no one suggested a protest outside the council house to force Ann Lucas to do all she can within her power if she is a so called CCFC fan to ensure her CCFC are plying their trade at the £117M stadium that was partly funded by the people of coventry?

Why, they cannot make any decisions, they are not ACL.

skybluetony176

grendal i don't think i have ever heard anyone who supports the club say that the council hasn't treated us poorly, that's never been in dispute. however most see shitsu as treating us worse and with good reason.

the point is you don't step over a pound to pick up a penny, lets unite push shitsu out (i.e. the pound) and then put the pressure on the council (i.e. the penny)

and who knows getting rid of shitsu could lead directly to owning the ricoh as suggested potential new owners already seem to have an agreement in place to buy a share or the whole complex

Last edited:

chiefdave

If things are so simple why is there a trust?

I paid the trust to represent, where are they?

I am not saying they would use every suggestion, just the ones against sisu ;)

So have you been to a trust meeting and asked them to stage a protest outside the council? If so what was there response? Assuming they've rejected the idea what stops you doing it yourself, even leaving the trust if your feelings about them refusing the council protest are strong enough?

Is the not a more direct course of action for those living locally? You've all got access to your representative on the council why not get onto them. Out of interest those that want to protest at the council, what do you want the outcome of the protest to be?

italiahorse

It makes no difference what the supporters think. It changes nothing. SISU don't give a sh1t on our opinions. 90% have voted with there feet.
They did the checks, they took on the club, they took on the rent, they fkcued up, they took us out of Coventry, yet it's everybody else's fault :pointlaugh:

italiahorse

So have you been to a trust meeting and asked them to stage a protest outside the council? If so what was there response? Assuming they've rejected the idea what stops you doing it yourself, even leaving the trust if your feelings about them refusing the council protest are strong enough?

Is the not a more direct course of action for those living locally? You've all got access to your representative on the council why not get onto them. Out of interest those that want to protest at the council, what do you want the outcome of the protest to be?

He has paid a £1 so he expects a return for his money:)
With the 2000 £1 coins in the Trusts possession both CCC and SISU legal team will be stretched.
In reality I bet the contributions have not even covered the cost of the photo copying !!

Users who are viewing this thread