Who would we like (1 Viewer)

Hertsccfc

If you take the Don Revie era out they won one title and nothing else really
You love this line of argument. It's like if you take away most of Biamou/Godden/anyone you don't like's goals away they haven't scored many goals. If you ignore the games we have won under Robins we have a terrible record.

SkyblueTexan

Think Leeds will be best placed of clubs relegated to bounce straight back as got quality for championship but not enough for premier League a bit like Fulham.
If they’re anything like Fulham, guess I’d be ok if we can smack ‘em 4-1 and 3-1 next season while they smack the others 6-0 and 7-0.

Sky Blue Harry H

So, Leeds or Burnley, Sunderland or Wycombe.

Two massive fanbases, and two relatively small ones.

Next 2 days are going to be interesting, to say the least !

Advance guess, Sunderland to come up, and Leeds and Burnley to both lose tomorrow, so Leeds relegated. I'll put my crystal ball back in the drawer now!

The Philosopher

If Leeds come down they’ll bring an extra, say, 4000 fans to the CBSA compared to Burnley for their match here.

Given that the tickets for away fans will be full price and a bit of F&B money then that might give us an extra £100k income. (Also, more home fans will want to watch us play Leeds over Burnley).

100k. Useful money.

For that reason and that alone, Leeds down.

Sunderland, same principle but probably £50k extra in income over Wycombe.

There’s a better chance also that those matches televised.

If that enables us to put an extra £3k / week towards a player’s wage then albeit small in the grand scheme of things…..

Leeds down please. Sunderland up.

Brighton Sky Blue

If Leeds come down they’ll bring an extra, say, 4000 fans to the CBSA compared to Burnley for their match here.

Given that the tickets for away fans will be full price and a bit of F&B money then that might give us an extra £100k income. (Also, more home fans will want to watch us play Leeds over Burnley).

100k. Useful money.

For that reason and that alone, Leeds down.

Sunderland, same principle but probably £50k extra in income over Wycombe.

There’s a better chance also that those matches televised.

If that enables us to put an extra £3k / week towards a player’s wage then albeit small in the grand scheme of things…..

Leeds down please. Sunderland up.

I’d rather have a better chance at 12 points than a TV payday.

higgs

Wycombe and Blackpool and one other and we are safe for another season

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Happy_Martian

All this talk about Everton being safe, think the Prem League will look kindly at them but this can't be doing their fans any good ...

Grendel

You love this line of argument. It's like if you take away most of Biamou/Godden/anyone you don't like's goals away they haven't scored many goals. If you ignore the games we have won under Robins we have a terrible record.

Er no Leeds have spent less time in tbe top flight in their history than Burnley - 9 of the top 10 clubs are currently in the top flight

Other than that era Leeds have been pretty average abs underachieving

KenilworthSkyBlue

All this talk about Everton being safe, think the Prem League will look kindly at them but this can't be doing their fans any good ...

It's a last gasp desperate attempt that won't come to anything.

Everton already met with the PL last month I think to discuss their financial situation and nothing came of it.

Equally a lot of their losses are Covid/stadium related - the latter of which FFP adjustments will be made.

SlowerThanPlatt

Er no Leeds have spent less time in tbe top flight in their history than Burnley - 9 of the top 10 clubs are currently in the top flight

Other than that era Leeds have been pretty average abs underachieving

A lot of them before WWII I would think?

slowpoke

Leeds will be stronger than Burnley, I want us to challenge at the top end this season so with that in mind I want Leeds to survive and Forest to beat Huddersfield.

Evo1883

I think you underestimate the gap really. Average at best Premier League strikers like Mitrovic, Solanke and Pukki score for fun in the Championship
You would also have to say much like with anything , that the teams they play for make a difference to their output at a higher level

It's not really based on their ability per se, mo salah wouldn't score 25 at Norwich for example

Evo1883

Leeds are also the biggest 1 team city in Britain, per person their attendances home and away are no better than coventrys surely ? Somebody like sunderland have insane support when you look at it

Hertsccfc

I think you underestimate the gap really. Average at best Premier League strikers like Mitrovic, Solanke and Pukki score for fun in the Championship
No way are Mitrovic or Solanke average Premier League strikers. Remains to be seen whether they are even capable at that level. As you say the gap between the Championship and Premier is massive.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

No way are Mitrovic or Solanke average Premier League strikers. Remains to be seen whether they are even capable at that level. As you say the gap between the Championship and Premier is massive.
Both of then have poor records at premier league level so they are most definitely not average Premier league strikers, Id label them as below average strikers (for the premier league)

edit: Mitrovic as below average
Solanke as a shit premier league striker

Moff

It's a last gasp desperate attempt that won't come to anything.

Everton already met with the PL last month I think to discuss their financial situation and nothing came of it.

Equally a lot of their losses are Covid/stadium related - the latter of which FFP adjustments will be made.

Is it last gasp?

Everton have conveniently just come in FFP rules by stating Covid losses were 170 million. This brings them just inside the rules and not ‘cheating’

Similar sized clubs like Newcastle had 40 million losses and Villa even less.
Why were Everton’s so high?……nothing to do with just meeting FFP after throwing good money at shit over the last few years.

If we were Leeds or Burnley I would want us doing exactly the same.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Is it last gasp?

Everton have conveniently just come in FFP rules by stating Covid losses were 170 million. This brings them just inside the rules and not ‘cheating’

Similar sized clubs like Newcastle had 40 million losses and Villa even less.
Why were Everton’s so high?……nothing to do with just meeting FFP after throwing good money at shit over the last few years.

If we were Leeds or Burnley I would want us doing exactly the same.

Yes, it's a last gasp attempt.

It appears that they were certainly very close to breaking the regulations but they technically haven't.
Don't forget a significant amount of their losses can be offset if they can prove they're Covid induced and stadium/academy/training ground investment is exempt from the regulations as well.

It's also not in the PL's interest to see clubs sanctioned. That fact they're co-operating with the PL and have also undergone a massive cost-cutting exercise over the past year which will play in their favour.

Grendel

A lot of them before WWII I would think?

No after the war they were in the top flight for 30 years during which time they won the league Fa Cup abs were European cup quarter finalists

Moff

Yes, it's a last gasp attempt.

It appears that they were certainly very close to breaking the regulations but they technically haven't.
Don't forget a significant amount of their losses can be offset if they can prove they're Covid induced and stadium/academy/training ground investment is exempt from the regulations as well.

It's also not in the PL's interest to see clubs sanctioned. That fact they're co-operating with the PL and have also undergone a massive cost-cutting exercise over the past year which will play in their favour.

So the comparable of the other clubs lower losses mean nothing?

Of course Everton were going to lose 4 times as much revenue as the better supported Newcastle..its obvious...well its obvious if you want to fiddle your way into meeting FFP rules.

Users who are viewing this thread